• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

DeceitDecide said:
I just have one question. And I mean this totally seriously. Does Nintendo hate us? I mean... cause the lack of official confirmation of online mode in this game makes me feel completley abused. As though Nintendo, as a corporation, is fully aware of the fact that they're toying with my emotions. Seriously, Nintendo. Why do you hate me?
As I don't care about online and its confirmation, I think they just hate you. You probably ran over Sakurai's dog or something.

EktorPR

"There's not going to be online multi-modes in Brawl." Say that a hundred times and it'll be much easier when the "dissapointmenton" hits.

Haunted

Guys, I've just heard...

chapp.gif

It'll be the Mario Kart stage.

Firestorm

A Link to the Snitch said:
I predict a character and a stage for the next two updates.

Also, Withdraw's not even an attack! It's a defensive move. Rapid Spin would be more interesting.

Well, Withdraw makes Rollout have 200% power or something, so maybe Squirtle and Jigglypuff can tag team? =D

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Chemo said:
*snip*

I feel like Sonic is not going to happen because he really does not mesh with the self-celebratory vibe of the game, though... for which I am pretty thankful.
Sonic only appears to be in self-flagulating games now. You are right

Dr.Hadji

I predict a character and a stage for the next two updates.

Also, Withdraw's not even an attack! It's a defensive move. Rapid Spin would be more interesting.

It looks like Rocket Tackle anyway. I'm not sure if the move exists in the games but it does in the CCG.

Haunted

She gets angry and becomes engulfed in flames.
Super Princess Peach style. hmm, could work.

It actually is a good question, I'm with Zeed - can't really think of anything probable.

usea

Haunted One said:
If it's a character, it's Captain Falcon.
Let's hope so. I can't wait for him.

I tried to think about a final smash for peach, but it's hard. I thought about her going crazy with lots of weird weapons, but then I decided that her pulling out some really huge bomb (or having 100% bomb pull rate for ~15 seconds) would be more likely.

More likely than anything imo would be something totally off the wall that I could never predict. Like yoshi's.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Alright so either tonight or tomorrow we will most likely get a character profile...

We have 16 starters so far. (Assuming ZSS isn't selectable from the character select screen...)

What other chars are likely as starters?

1) Captain Falcon - It seems obvious that he must still be in the game, and I doubt he'd be relegated to secret character after becoming a starter in Melee.

2) Ice Climbers - I just can't see them being cut... they are too unique! Plus it would make me sad. :( Again, they were starters in Melee so I'm assuming they will not be unlockable characters.

3) Ness or Lucas - We know an Earthbound character is in the game, and we know that Sakurai has dropped clues that Lucas is a possibility, so I'd say one of these two will be our starter (again, because Melee had Ness as a starter).

Alright, so all of Melee's previous starters are covered, but... I still predict one additional starter...

4) [Animal Crossing Character] (Most likely Tom Nook!) - Yep! Why would this character be a starter? If you agree that only non-unlockables appear on the Dojo before the game's release, that means that Smashville is a starter stage. And it seems logical that all starter stages will have characters representing their franchise as starters too.

So, 4 more characters brings us to... 20 starters! What a nice round number. :)

Okay, I'm done!

Haunted

MrCheez said:
Alright so either tonight or tomorrow we will most likely get a character profile...

We have 16 starters so far. (Assuming ZSS isn't selectable from the character select screen...)

What other starters are likely?

1) Captain Falcon - It seems obvious that he must still be in the game, and I doubt he'd be relegated to secret character after becoming a starter in Melee.

2) Ice Climbers - I just can't see them being cut... they are too unique! Plus it would make me sad. :( Again, they were starters in Melee so I'm assuming they will not be unlockable characters.

3) Ness or Lucas - We know an Earthbound character is in the game, and we know that Sakurai has dropped clues that Lucas is a possibility, so I'd say one of these two will be our starter (again, because Melee had Ness as a starter).

Alright, so all of Melee's previous starters are covered, but... I still predict one additional starter...

4) [Animal Crossing Character] (Most likely Tom Nook!) - Yep! Why would this character be a starter? If you agree that only non-unlockables appear on the Dojo before the game's release, that means that Smashville is a starter stage. And it seems logical that all starter stages will have characters representing their franchise as starters too.

So, 4 more characters brings us to... 20 starters! What a nice round number. :)

Okay, I'm done!
No Luigi?

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Haunted One said:
No Luigi?

He was a secret character in SB64 and Melee... I see him remaining as one in this too. Just seems like tradition at this point. (Same with Jigglypuff I bet)

Haunted

MrCheez said:
He was a secret character in SB64 and Melee... I see him remaining as one in this too. Just seems like tradition at this point. (Same with Jigglypuff I bet)
fair enough.

So it's Captain Falcon!

after the Mario Kart stage tomorrow.

GamerSoul

Hcoregamer00 said:
No, I want pure evil
Dahlia power

:lol

Anybody would be alright, not sure about Krystal. But hey if she somehow gets in, then w/e Sakurai, do your thing. You make it, I play it. ZSS is the only newcomer female so far, the next one pretty much has to be female. I can see maybe 4-5 more females added to the roster, slim pickings tho.

mutsu

For anyone who might have forgotten what characters were in SSBM, here is a link to the characters:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/0222/character.html

It's scary to think that we already have at least 18 characters announced in SSBB, and we are still about 3 months away from release. I am guessing the number of characters in SSBB will be 1.5 times SSBM, which is about 39 characters (SSBM had 26, including secret ones).

My favourite character is Ness. Hopefully they will announce him soon so that I can have the peace and assurance that he is in the game!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
GamerSoul said:
Anybody would be alright, not sure about Krystal. But hey if she somehow gets in, then w/e Sakurai, do your thing. You make it, I play it. ZSS is the only newcomer female so far, the next one pretty much has to be female. I can see maybe 4-5 more females added to the roster, slim pickings tho.

Hey, 4-5 more females than Melee is good enough for me.

Zeed

Banned
MrCheez said:

What other chars are likely as starters?
You forgot Marth.

Zeed

Banned
Haunted One said:
I don't think he forgot him.
Ye unfaithful may think Him lost forever, but nay, Marth's return is imminent, and His second coming shall be heralded by much crow being eaten!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Zeed said:
Ye unfaithful may think Him lost forever, but nay, Marth's return is imminent, and His second coming shall be heralded by much crow being eaten!

It would be nice if your avatar character was also added

4qzppow.png

Zeed

Banned
JoshuaJSlone said:
Somehow I don't see our clumsily noble defense attorney beating the shit out of Donkey Kong.
As cool as Pheonix is as a character...he simply would not fit in a fighting game, never. Maybe as an Assist Trophy or something, but not as a fighter. If a Capcom character gets in it's going to be Megaman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom