• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michan

sp0rsk said:
Sakurai is neither lucas or kojima. And Keita Takahashi hasn't been working on Katamari since 2, and 2 was pretty much making fun of all the fans for wanting it.

This kind of logic is faulty as hell.

You're right there. After all, it's not like Sakurai came back to Nintendo after leaving HAL, promising to create his own future.

He's a decisive man who sticks by his word.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Guys, I don't know if anyone noticed, but yesterday, this thread officially became the longest one in the gaming forum. Congrats! ;)

Now, go for 20.000 posts and overtake the MLB thread! XD

Zeed

Banned
superbank said:
This should be the last SSB. I'd be kind of mad if Nintendo forces a 4th installment.
If Sakurai is willing to do a fourth, let him at it. He'll manage to top himself, somehow. He always does. And Nintendo isn't in much of a position to force him to do anything now anyway.

Sharp

superbank said:
This should be the last SSB. I'd be kind of mad if Nintendo forces a 4th installment.
I wouldn't. I might be mad if there wasn't, though. Plus, Spore has yet to be released. That's the real game that I think will make me question the necessity of buying any others.

GhaleonQ

Baryn said:
Came here to post this. It's over. Gaming is a completed art.

Nope. Art, generally, has arrived at its zenith. Sucks to your Karamazov and Hagia Sophia. Human expression knows no greater channel with the divine than Yoshi enslaving Donkey Kong's mind whilst being bombarded by rain droplets.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Guys, I don't know if anyone noticed, but yesterday, this thread officially became the longest one in the gaming forum. Congrats! ;)

oh snap!

excellent update :D

at first i thought it was soem kind of crazy minigame mode.. tehn i saw the staege icon.. oh lor.d

Zeed

Banned
GhaleonQ said:
Nope. Art, generally, has arrived at its zenith. Sucks to your Karamazov and Hagia Sophia. Human expression knows no greater channel with the divine than Yoshi enslaving Donkey Kong's mind whilst being bombarded by rain droplets.
Amen.

Jiggy

Sharp said:
I wouldn't. I might be mad if there wasn't, though.
Yep.
No matter how awesome and packed with content SSBB ends up being, there'll always be something they could have added but didn't. Goes for all games, really.

Holy crap. I remembered reading posts asking for a WW stage that did this, and I would think to myself "How stupid, this could never work."

But here they are, proving me wrong.

Is there room left in the Church of Sakurai?

KiNeSiS

Banned
That Knee Is To Pointy & Offends Me.....
Somewhat Primitive In This Day & Age.....
kneeofdeath.jpg

Bring On New Gen Smash Brawl!!!!
I'm Just Hoping That I Can Secure A Wii Sometime Soon....

Smash Bros Brawl Equals The
26th3d64.gif

You've Waited Years For...!

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
This WarioWare stage proves that we can also be given a Tetris stage with falling blocks. Believe!

miyuru

I don't understand why anyone thought certain things aren't possible in Smash Bros. The fact that they put Snake in the game from the very start is in all honestly a more mind-bending announcement than a WarioWare stage, or the possibility of WW Link :lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
GAH! I was looking forward to the day they would announce the Wario Ware stage, and typically I end up sleeping in.

Seems like they are only using minigames from the original Wario Ware. Most likely as these are the most simple. I just wonder how many games they'll include.

I'm just glad that Wario got the stage he deserves.

Slavik81

Michan said:
You're right there. After all, it's not like Sakurai came back to Nintendo after leaving HAL, promising to create his own future.

He's a decisive man who sticks by his word.
I heard Nintendo made a few threats to get him to make it.

Teasel

no new character this week :/
oh well at least the crazy stage will satiate the "why every stage look like final destination?" crowd

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
This is the best update in a while. This looks like its going to be one of the best stages in the game. Graphically it doesnt look bas good as the other stages, but it looks like its going to bea lot of fun.

Firestorm

My bus is taking a break near a hotel with unsecure WiFi. Woah stage. Interesting, although I can see myself never playing it for a serious match >_>

Haunted

WOAH!

who called it? huh, who fucking called it??

I for sure didn't. :(

Totally unexpected stage, really nice. If it's really changing every couple seconds... oh shit, that's frantic. Gives me a Game & Watch vibe, too. Feels like a small stage within a TV screen. Since they really have enough microgames to choose from I expect lots of variety - awesome.

Looking at this in retrospect... since Wario had his WarioWare costume from the beginning, a stage in the same vein absolutely makes sense.

Zeed said:
I'm not even sure if the regulars all have Metroid. I know I do, that Firestorm is away without internet, and that Scribble got banned. But where is GamerSoul? ShockingAlberto? Haunted One? usea? MrCheez? Jiggy37? etc.?
Sorry I left you hanging. I was too damn tired.

I really hope the stage is set to increase in speed just like the game does the longer the match goes on. I'm also curious if that reward mentioned entails anything besides not dying or taking damage.

Haunted

kirbutashi said:
I really hope the stage is set to increase in speed just like the game does the longer the match goes on. I'm also curious if that reward mentioned entails anything besides not dying or taking damage.
That's what I'm asking myself. Maybe it heals a certain percentage if you manage to complete the microgame's objective.

stage10_0700831a-l.jpg

Looks like you actually have to play the minigames, in a way. Mario and Kirby look like they're taking non-flinching damage from not being under the umbrella.

I really hope this stage's alternate music is from Rhythm Tengoku.

ShockingAlberto said:
stage10_0700831a-l.jpg

Looks like you actually have to play the minigames, in a way. Mario and Kirby look like they're taking non-flinching damage from not being under the umbrella.

I really hope this stage's alternate music is from Rhythm Tengoku.
Is that Cat a nod to NEOGAF?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Uh-oh does this mean smash is only in 4:3 :( :(

*just kidding btw*

Awesome addition. Sakurai and his team are evil geniuses

sp0rsk said:
Gameee....offffff...theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee................................nnnnnnnnnnyagh
quoted for truth :lol

Dr.Hadji

Firestorm said:
My bus is taking a break near a hotel with unsecure WiFi. Woah stage. Interesting, although I can see myself never playing it for a serious match >_>

I can see myself taking Firestorm here in the finals. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom