• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lobster said:
Im 80% sure Nintendo will make a Kid Icarus game this gen..I hope this is just the beginning.

I reckon RETRO are already on the case. Raven Blade has that kinda vibe to it, but an all new engine handled by one of the best western teams on the planet is good for me!

Zeed

Banned
I don't think there's a numerical figure large enough to express the level of hype right now.

I'm going to pass out from the awesome.

DefectiveReject said:
I reckon RETRO are already on the case. Raven Blade has that kinda vibe to it, but an all new engine handled by one of the best western teams on the planet is good for me!
Retro can't do anime-style art. See Samus sans helmet for proof.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Woooooooow so awesome! The thought that every character is going to get a cinema like this sounds just too good to be true!! *_*

I loved the animation of Pit running off with the bow... he had so much energy and character. :) And of course his actual descent, with the music kicking in, was badass!

The invasion by the Subspace Army has engulfed terra firma in chaos. One angel watching the scene from the heavens receives an imperial order from the goddess Palutena and embarks on a journey.

Terra Firma? Is that the name of the Smash Bros world now?

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Wow. If there's going to be a "_____'s descent" for every character, I can't wait to see them.

I wonder how Pokemon Trainer and Captain Falcon starts their journey!

Christopher

Ike said:
My god, I've never wanted a Kid Icarus revival more than now.

If they do, they really need to revamp the game play. The game is was what defines mediocre.

I always thought that when Smash Brothers came out Nintendo would capitalize on captial falcon and ness by releasing games that many fans might not know who they were, or at the very least when Melee came around have some quick SNES ports with Earthbound saying "staring Ness as he appears in Smash Bros!" or something. Alas nope.

Hopefully thought they REALLY cross promote the VC with Brawl - as if I could see what Earthbound was about then to play as Ness I would have.

MrCheez said:
Terra Firma? Is that the name of the Smash Bros world now?

Terra Firma is Latin, and means "solid earth". The earth of the angels is floating above the solid ground, that´s why it´s probably called "Firma".

Christopher said:
If they do, they really need to revamp the game play. The game was what defines mediocre.

Not more or less mediocre than the first Metroid-game.

VegaShinra

DefectiveReject said:
Wow, never even thought of Retro doing a Kid Icarus title. Could Retro bring back two of Nintendo's classic franchises? After playing the Prime series I'd say yes.

Lobster

Banned
DefectiveReject said:

Dayum that actually fits great!

E-phonk

Banned
DefectiveReject said:
Possible but unlikely, but considering the models are made by the studio's developing the franchise, I'd say it isn't. The design of Pit and especially Palutena is very Japanese. I'd even say the design of the characters looks very Intelligent-Systems-ish, although I assume they wouldn't make a platformer.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Android18a said:
They wouldn't go to this much effort if they weren't planning on bringing the Kid Icarus series back, would they?

Demanding 3rd person 3D Zelda-style Kid Icarus game after Smash Bros. Get HAL to make it =0~~~
yeah I think all this effort for just Smash Bros, seems weird to me. I think they are waiting for the fan reaction and feedback about him, after that they'll decide what to do with the franchise.

Zeed

Banned
I'll say it again, Retro fails at anime-style art. Their artists are phenomenal, but they can't do anime. Fact.

Give it to...hell I don't know, EAD Tokyo? They're done with Galaxy aren't they?

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Ahh okay, gotcha. :p

Anyway... this is crazy - I can't believe I'm hyped for Adventure Mode in addition to the actual battle mode. :lol

VegaShinra

Zeed said:
I'll say it again, Retro fails at anime-style art. Their artists are phenomenal, but they can't do anime. Fact.

Give it to...hell I don't know, EAD Tokyo? They're done with Galaxy aren't they?
How about Intelligent Systems then? They do good anime style graphics for Fire Emblem until the game becomes real-time.

Zeed said:
Retro can't do anime-style art. See Samus sans helmet for proof.

They don't need to do Anime Style art. They could even make it in a joint effort with Int-Sys.

Imagine that though...... Int-Sys and RETRO making a joint game................... EXPLODE.gif!

Neo C.

MrCheez said:
I loved the animation of Pit running off with the bow... he had so much energy and character. :) And of course his actual descent, with the music kicking in, was badass!
It's cute how he is looking back to Palutena during the running, like he would say: "thanks for the bow, honey!" :lol

Ah, know i remember what that scene of Pit falling down remindend me of. The Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearer-trailer :D
I guess, FFCC will be a nice appetizer before a real KI-game ^^

thefro

E-phonk said:
Possible but unlikely, but considering the models are made by the studio's developing the franchise, I'd say it isn't. The design of Pit and especially Palutena is very Japanese. I'd even say the design of the characters looks very Intelligent-Systems-ish, although I assume they wouldn't make a platformer.

It shouldn't be just a platformer, it needs to be a crazy awesome Mario/Zelda/Metroid/God of War/Panzer Dragoon hybrid.

Good call on the redesigns looking very IntSys style though.

Kid Icarus flying in an empty but vast sky would be perfect like in SMG so I hope EAD Tokyo develops the game if Nintendo decides to ressurect the franchise.

VegaShinra

DefectiveReject said:
Why isn't this thread stickied?
Its updated EVERY single day, and is probably gonna be the biggest thread on the gaming side in GAF history.....??
No one knows. By the end of this week this thread should have hit over 1 million views though. Impressive.

Ikael

If they do, they really need to revamp the game play. The game was what defines mediocre.

segatasanshiro.gif

The game was really above the other games of its time. Even thought it had its flaws, It introduced lot of game design ideas and it was far more epic than the vast majority of the NES cathaloge back in the day.

Jiggy

DefectiveReject said:
Why isn't this thread stickied?
Its updated EVERY single day
I think that's the answer. Doesn't need to be stickied; we're all already here all the time.

Heck, probably some of us would spend like ten minutes trying to figure out where the thread went if it was stickied. >_>

Zeed

Banned
VegaShinra said:
How about Intelligent Systems then? They do good anime style graphics for Fire Emblem until the game becomes real-time.
IntSys is busy with their own stuff. Advance Wars DS 2, Fire Emblem, I think they were talking about another Paper Mario, they've got their hands full. EAD Tokyo, I'm telling you, it'd be the best thing ever.

DefectiveReject said:
Imagine that though...... Int-Sys and RETRO making a joint game................... EXPLODE.gif!
Language barrier would be a bitch.

VegaShinra

Night_Trekker said:
I swear, if Nintendo doesn't make a Kid Icarus sequel this generation it will be unusually cruel. All this teasing...
It's bound to happen the really question is when this generation. Everyone said a revival of a franchise was supposed to happen at E3 but didn't. It has to be Kid Icarus what else is there that people really want?

VegaShinra said:
It's bound to happen the really question is when this generation. Everyone said a revival of a franchise was supposed to happen at E3 but didn't. It has to be Kid Icarus what else is there that people really want?

StarTropics Wii :D

vareon

I never finished the original Kid Icarus, but I liked the character designs, and that movie was just AWESOME. Whoever the developer is, I want the game! :D

It might be good if Aonuma takes this, since Zelda could take some rest. Just my opinion though.

Ashodin

Night_Trekker said:
StarTropics Wii :D
Star_Tropics_NES_ScreenShot1.jpg

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Android18a said:
They wouldn't go to this much effort if they weren't planning on bringing the Kid Icarus series back, would they?

This is Smash Bros. done by Sakurai with essentially an unlimited budget, time frame, and developmental resources. What we see in this game has nothing to do with the rest of Nintendo -- it's what Sakurai wants to do.

turk128

Freakin awesome video.

titiklabingapat said:
Kid Icarus flying in an empty but vast sky would be perfect like in SMG so I hope EAD Tokyo develops the game if Nintendo decides to ressurect the franchise.
Ohhh, that's a great idea! Instead of planetoids, they'll just have floating islands, cloud high plateaus, etc.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Lobster said:
Im 80% sure Nintendo will make a Kid Icarus game this gen..I hope this is just the beginning.
I hope so. The more I see of pit in brawl, the more I want a kid icarus game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom