• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teasel

meh adventure update... this basicaly doesn't show anything new,i want bosses and character getting blowed up :/
and thinking they are going to do a new kid icarus game because of this is wishful thinking

E-phonk

Banned
Teasel said:
thinking they are going to do a new kid icarus game because of this is wishful thinking
It's not like it hasn't been hinted before (by Miyamoto & co). Most people expected the unveiling at E3.

Neomoto

That movie was awesome. The music, the animation, the character models. Wow.
Btw, I think Pit looks like Link in some ways, which is, of course, awesome. I would LOVE to see a new Kid Icarus title since I've seen Pit for the first time in Brawl and all the updates he has been in.

Cruceh said:
1188803029486xi3.jpg

Wow. WOW !!! Sakurai is God of videogames !

Edit: I saw the movie. Awesome on every level !!

NotWii

Banned
DefectiveReject said:
Why isn't this thread stickied?
Its updated EVERY single day, and is probably gonna be the biggest thread on the gaming side in GAF history.....??
Actually that's a good thing, I never look at Stickies.
And it reminds everyone that it's coming!
Otherwise I'd be wondering why nobody cares about SSBB!

ivysaur12

Banned
I guess I'll be in the minority - I thought the video was sort of awkward without any voice acting or any text. I mean, great, it was a good video and it showed Pit going into action, but the scene between Paultena and Pit just was so forced without any voice.

KINGMOKU

If Nintendo redid Kid Icarus, and put as much time, and effort into as Zelda, they could have TWO massive, and epic titles.

Imagine a KI title with the same production values as Zelda. *drool*

ivysaur12 said:
I guess I'll be in the minority - I thought the video was sort of awkward without any voice acting or any text. I mean, great, it was a good video and it showed Pit going into action, but the scene between Paultena and Pit just was so forced without any voice.

Since when do you know any Nintendo main character to have a voice? (other than "wahoo!" or something similar). None of them talk, so if Pit talked, it would kind of be weird.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
One of the best updates so far, I wish they'd just announce that damn Kid Icarus game now... Please. :(

And this thread is really close to breaking 1 million views now.

Dr.Hadji

ivysaur12 said:

No love for the voiceless Cartoon classics of old? That part remained me of that Apprentice and the Magician short in the move Phantasia. The part at the beginning where Mickey and the Mage have a conversation with each other without words.

PedroRVD

incredible! If the fantastic multiplayer would be not enough....Sakurai is even doing a LOT of effort with single player.

94 days until Dec 3.

CTLance

Awesome update.
I will buy Brawl, come heaven or hell. So much fanservice!
I fear I'll just pass out from multiple nerdgasms everytime I try to play the singleplayer mode. :D

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
PedroRVD said:
incredible! If the fantastic multiplayer would be not enough....Sakurai is even doing a LOT of effort with single player.

94 days until Dec 3.
Its being released at such a bad time for me. I've got exams a month later, so when the game gets released I'll have to start revising.

If only most games I want to play games came out during the summer holiday when I've got plenty of spare time.

worldrunover said:
Since when do you know any Nintendo main character to have a voice? (other than "wahoo!" or something similar). None of them talk, so if Pit talked, it would kind of be weird.

Fox Mc Cloud is the only one I remember (thanks to Rareware).

vareon

more than 16300 posts and counting to 1 million views! I only joined GAF since last year, was there a thread bigger than this?

Dec. 3 can't come sooner >.<

zoku88

vareon said:
more than 16300 posts and counting to 1 million views! I only joined GAF since last year, was there a thread bigger than this?

Dec. 3 can't come sooner >.<
I think there are two threads bigger than this, but I don't know what they are, atm.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者

Fox Mc Cloud is the only one I remember (thanks to Rareware).

Fox McCloud and crew had voices in Star Fox 64. Peach had a voice in Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine. Ike spoke in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.

Yeah I never look at the stickies, I just auto-skip past them like they're some forum rules etc BS and go to 'real' stuff below. :lol

I don't know why lol, forum habits.

PS: I love you Sakurai. <3

bumpkin

That Kid Icarus video makes me want a full-fledged game on the Wii. Come on Nintendo, you've already got an Icarus model. Now just take that and make a game with him.

You know you want to. :D

Wow, story mode cutscenes are really neat. I was on vacation last week also, last week's updates where great. Gliding, Warioware level, tilt attacks, Meta-Knight's moves, etc. I want this game now :(

Zeed

Banned
Guys about that box art, I'm talking with estarland.com and they say that it is the official art from Nintendo. I'm asking them for a larger version now.

52117.jpg

EDIT: They don't have a larger one but they still claim that it's legit, but that it's not necessarily final, meaning you can still hold out hope for the Wi-Fi logo.

This has probly been talked about before but anyone noticed as soon as he got the blade thingy, he got those golden rings around his wrist?

Are those supposed to represent his light arrows maybe?

ivysaur12

Banned
worldrunover said:

Mario, Peach, Fox, Ike, Bowser, Captain Falcon... It just was SUCH an awkward scene without any voice whatsoever. Even Pit didn't have to talk, it could've just been Paultena.

Zeed said:
Guys about that box art, I'm talking with estarland.com and they say that it is the official art from Nintendo. I'm asking them for a larger version now.

52117.jpg

EDIT: They don't have a larger one but they still claim that it's legit, but that it's not necessarily final, meaning you can still hold out hope for the Wi-Fi logo.

let's just give up on the Wifi aleady. It's pretty obvious by now that the team went along with getting a fully functional and epic single player mode out rather than take months perfecting a netcode worthy of replecating smash bros online. tragic but true.

just curious, but how badly do you think no Wifi support will impact reviews? i could see EGM/1up just ripping into it like there's no tomorrow, not to mention gamespot...

GamerSoul

Zeed said:
You just crossed the line buddy. Karma's a bitch, and Sakurai's gonna send you on a month-long trip for that.

PS. Sigrun has a man-face.

:lol :lol
It's the chin, I wouldn't call it a man face. She's really a minor character and she's a mounted unit so no chance.

Nintendo WiFi logos on boxes mean nothing. Yoshi's Island DS had it until a month before release, BWii didn't have it until the last boxart revision, Crystal Chronicles' anemic online feature wasn't even a bullet point until people had the boxes in their hands.

Zeed

Banned
GamerSoul said:
:lol :lol
It's the chin, I wouldn't call it a man face.
She looks like Eliwood with a ponytail.

VultureDude said:
just curious, but how badly do you think no Wifi support will impact reviews? i could see EGM/1up just ripping into it like there's no tomorrow, not to mention gamespot...
Gamespot's gonna lay down the h8.8 (8.5 now, I suppose).

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
VultureDude said:
let's just give up on the Wifi aleady. It's pretty obvious by now that the team went along with getting a fully functional and epic single player mode out rather than take months perfecting a netcode worthy of replecating smash bros online. tragic but true.

I don't see how working on online takes all this time away from developing a deep single player experience. It's not like the net code programmers would be working on adventure mode. :p

There is more evidence right now for Brawl having online than against it.

Evidence that Brawl has Online:

1) The original concept for the game was "Smash Bros with Online"
2) Sakurai originally promised to try his best to implement online.
3) At E3, during the "Online Games" preview section of Reggie's presentation, Brawl was shown on the screen behind him.
4) Matt at IGN is really confident that the game is online. (Though that might not mean anything :p )
5) Some japanese magazine (can't remember which) claimed the game is definitely online.

Evidence that Brawl does not have online:

1) We haven't had an update about online in a long time.
2) Placeholder boxart lacks the wifi logo.

So yeah, I wouldn't give up hope yet. If anything I think we haven't heard about online on purpose... Nintendo probably wants to make a big deal of the announcement sometime soon as part of their marketing plan, I bet. (Maybe this Wednesday? I'm hoping.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom