• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant1532

Banned
I love how they update the site around 3:30 am since I wake up in the middle of the night around 4 am for some weird reason(one week i woke up every hour exact to the minute, it was so weird. Can't control it) and I always get to check and then go back to sleep.

Haunted

And speaking of Captain Falcon - today's update - I hope we're getting an update dedicated to The Knee down the road. Maybe that's a job for the mojo site, though. :p

ant1532 said:
I love how they update the site around 3:30 am since I wake up in the middle of the night around 4 am for some weird reason(one week i woke up every hour exact to the minute, it was so weird. Can't control it) and I always get to check and then go back to sleep.
That's... peculiar. It's 9 in the morning over here when the site usually updates, so it's a toss-up if I get to check or have other things to do and only check later.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
TekunoRobby said:
BH_071.jpg

that shit-fest MGS2.
BH_072.jpg

Sharp

Vong_Assassin said:
Just shows how popular the game really is...:D
Actually it goes to show how many Nintendo fans are on GAF, as even the Halo 3 thread didn't get this many views and that game will sell about as well, if not better. We knew GAF was Nintendo fan dominated though.

rakka

Sharp said:
Actually it goes to show how many Nintendo fans are on GAF, as even the Halo 3 thread didn't get this many views and that game will sell about as well, if not better.

Because there were daily blog updates for H3 just like for SSBB.

MrCheez said:
Man if that was the Metroid stage, it would have the potential to be the most beautiful stage ever. :O
Well, the Metroid stage can come from anywhere now. There has been a ton of new material since the last Smash game.

Tallon IV, Planet Aether, anything from Fusion, the ruins from Zero Mission, perhaps stuff from MP3.

I'm crossing my fingers for Chozo Ruins from Zero Mission, though. That one area where Samus fought the oracle ghost thingy would be awesome.

Sharp

rakka said:
Because there were daily blog updates for H3 just like for SSBB.
I'm too lazy to find any now but every single poll this forum has ever done has shown Nintendo fans far outnumbering Sony fans or MS fans (though not both combined).

Jiggy

I wonder how many of the views come from people simultaneously F5ing the Dojo and F5ing this thread in case their F5 of the Dojo doesn't work. >_>

Anyway, I predict the grand reveal of the special Pokemon Mode in VS, where Jigglypuff takes double damage from Charizard's Rock Smash and no damage from Mewtwo's Shadow Ball, Ivysaur takes double from Link's Gale Boomerang or Ness' PK Fire, Captain Falcon's knee does half to Pikachu, and Ice Climber ice attacks do double to Pit and Meta Knight. And quadruple to Ridley, because obviously Ridley would be Dragon/Flying.

No, but seriously, Captain Falcon profile or Mother music.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
MasterMFauli said:
IF the update stays true to the past, i predict something bigger today, and then 3 not so great updates for the rest of the week.

If this week is going to stay true to the past, we should get two character profiles. :O

usea

Sharp said:
I'm too lazy to find any now but every single poll this forum has ever done has shown Nintendo fans far outnumbering Sony fans or MS fans (though not both combined).
The fact that that halo 3 beta thread had so many posts/views despite it being a relatively short event and not daily updates for months goes to show just how many halo fans there are on gaf compared to smash fans.

Sharp

usea said:
The fact that that halo 3 beta thread had so many posts/views despite it being a relatively short event and not daily updates for months goes to show just how many halo fans there are on gaf compared to smash fans.
I'm pretty sure it was mostly the same people writing a ton of posts actually but sure.

Edit: Yeah, check this out:
Halo 3 Beta Thread said:
User Name Posts
GhaleonEB 832
urk 537
JdFoX187 473
Ramirez 342
Eric WK 326
Tieno 305
Laika 292
thatbox 284
giga 258
the disgruntled gamer 247
CreepingDea7h 244
Sean 236
NJ x Falkor 227
Buttonbasher 225
Shake Appeal 222
Y2Kev 204
raYne 183
Rorschach 183
Nino 183
Striker 182
Karma Kramer 181
op_ivy 175
Mojovonio 174
Dirtbag 504 160
got2bekidding 156
MaX_PL 150
SailorDaravon 139
Sullichin 138
OverHeat 135
SpudBud 133
JB1981 131
Son of Godzilla 125
Stinkles 124
ToyMachine228 120
DopeyFish 119
Thermite 117
DD-11 112
siamesedreamer 104
BenjaminBirdie 102
Skilotonn 101
SpacLock 101
sableholic 99
ElectricBlue187 93
godhandiscen 92
Blimblim 92
Mr Vociferous 90
Smokey Bones 89
Lakitu 85
Not a Jellyfish 85
Xdrive05 85
Spaceman Spiff 84
dralla 84
StUnNeR H2K 84
snack 84
michaeld 82
goldenpp72 81
jet1911 80
DSN2K 78
Deepblue 76
FFChris 75
armubaba 68
segarr 67
QVT 67
Mr. Lemming 66
Proelite 66
pj325is 65
GAZERK 65
Dartastic 64
goku1693 63
darkressurection 62
Crypto 62
Linkzg 60
RiskyChris 60
Diablohead 59
Cerrius 58
Hyrup66 58
Wolffen 58
Truelize 57
Speevy 56
SteveO409 52
Chittagong 52
Captain Jebus 51
All of these people contributed more than a page each. Ghaleon alone was responsible for like 16 pages seriously. And if you compare it to this thread's view counts, this one is a lot less top-heavy and more evenly distributed. The Halo 3 thread has an awful lot of 1's.

rakka

Sharp said:

Sure that may be true, but using this thread's view count as an example of Nfan dominance is as stupid as using it to prove its popularity.

(as i said because of the daily updates)

Sharp

MasterMFauli said:
Sharp, we win, you lose.

And now stop the bitching.
This topic ruls and so does playable Ridley, who will be revealed today.
What exactly are you arguing? I'm not sure what I'm arguing against, or for. Also anyone wishing for playable Ridley loses by default.

rakka

Sharp said:
What exactly are you arguing?
rakka said:
Sure that may be true, but using this thread's view count as an example of Nfan dominance is as stupid as using it to prove its popularity.

(as i said because of the daily updates)
This.

(not sure about mfauli though)

Ashodin

It's not that Nintendo fans dominate the boards, it's the fact that Nintendo is the single company with a ton of recognizable and enjoyed IPs that are first-party. Thus making Smash Bros (even the first one) most anticipated because it's basically the video game version of you making your action figures fight one another.

It's like saying "What would happen if Superman fought Batman?" or "What would happen if He-Man fought Man-at-Arms?" etc. etc.

Zeed

Banned
Maxrpg said:
It's not that Nintendo fans dominate the boards, it's the fact that Nintendo is the single company with a ton of recognizable and enjoyed IPs that are first-party. Thus making Smash Bros (even the first one) most anticipated because it's basically the video game version of you making your action figures fight one another.

It's like saying "What would happen if Superman fought Batman?" or "What would happen if He-Man fought Man-at-Arms?" etc. etc.
What would happen if Yuji Naka fought Miyamoto? I always thought that Miyamoto should play Mario against Naka's Sonic. It was very awesome when Kojima used Snake to fight Sakurai, but that match was major fail because Sakurai used Mario and not Kirby.

Sharp

Maxrpg said:

Personally I like it because it's a really fun accessible fighting game and it has a ton of characters but sure, I guess that aspect is cool too.

Firestorm

Zeed said:
What would happen if Yuji Naka fought Miyamoto? I always thought that Miyamoto should play Mario against Naka's Sonic. It was very awesome when Kojima used Snake to fight Sakurai, but that match was major fail because Sakurai used Mario and not Kirby.

Naoto Ōshima, not Yuji Naka. Naka often gets the credit for Sonic but it's Ōshima who created the character. It's kind of like how Iwata gets credit for Kirby a lot even though Sakurai created him.

Zeed

Banned
Firestorm said:
Naoto Ōshima, not Yuji Naka. Naka often gets the credit for Sonic but it's Ōshima who created the character. It's kind of like how Iwata gets credit for Kirby a lot even though Sakurai created him.
Not many people credit Iwata for that anymore, Smash has done wonders for Sakurai's prestige.

Did not know about Sonic though, I've never really liked his games.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
These single player updates such as the one last night have been a pleasant surprise.

I think nearly everyone here would agree that they were anticipating Multiplayer the most, but now after seeing the story unfold through the FMV updates, the Subspace Emissary will be quite greatly anticipated as well. Can't particularly say the same about the last 2 games single player modes.

While the grand majority of time is spent in the MP, this new adventure mode revamp will be quite the nice surprise. As far as tonight's addition, I'm going to guess that it will be a new Pokéball Pokémon, the last update for those was Deoxys, way way back.

[Also as a side note guys and not to de-rail, congrats to us all on the thread getting so many replies/views, but if we want to keep it open we really need to watch the discussion in here and keep it up to par. A lot of the flames in this thread towards other users don't help this thread's chances of it staying open, and I don't think anyone wants to see it closed. Use the PM feature, or just create a new discussion thread on what characters you think will be playable or assist trophies or boss characters. There's a lot of people who don't come into this thread anymore because they're intimidated by its sheer size and would have to skim back literally hundreds of pages and thousands of posts to find something in particular. Whine and moan about the inclusion/exclusion of a possible online mode in a new thread so that folks who don't regular this thread can chime in on the conversation too. /derail]

Well, I can't wait to have this game in my hands. It shaping up to be great. The graphics look amazing, really. If that's real time, well...

I'm shocked. Personally, I like the style of SSBB than that of SMG. But I'll love Galaxy nonetheless.

Firestorm

As good as Adventure Mode looks, I'm still far more interested in multiplayer and all the new techniques that they're implementing. After all Adventure Mode is what I'll play from December 3rd until... December 3rd. Multiplayer is what I'll play from December 3rd to the next smash game.

I went to a friend's house to smash again... it made me realize how awesome it is that all the "battlefield" style stages are all bigger this time around. Fountain of Dreams and Yoshi's Island are so annoying to play on, especially with 4 players.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I think a cool option for the thread to have is for new updates, Ant could have a link to the page of the update so if people wanted to read the thread on certain areas to read people's reactions, they could click on that. Maybe that is too much work though for something not that many people would use.

I think the arguing so far in this thread is all just chitter chatter and nothing that would cause us to get in a real fight or anything. Its sort of more like "No way dudes! Marth is totally going to be playable" than "I am going to rape you." Or at least, what I noticed.

I just watched the Icarus thing because I don't work Sunday to Monday mornings. That was freaking amazing. The story mode should be so great.

Zeed

Banned
AlternativeUlster said:
I think a cool option for the thread to have is for new updates, Ant could have a link to the page of the update so if people wanted to read the thread on certain areas to read people's reactions, they could click on that.
The Search This Thread function works surprisingly well for that.

Ashodin

As the countless memes and newgrounds flash sprite shows will tell you, a Mario vs Sonic encounter is pretty much the most fan requested video game thing ever. And now that there's an olympic games thing (played up as Mario AND Sonic, not Mario vs Sonic), Smash Bros is the true outlet where you can put the Mustachioed One to the test against the Blue Hedgehog.

Which is why if Sonic doesn't make it in, it will be epic fail.

Firestorm said:
After all Adventure Mode is what I'll play from December 3rd until... December 3rd. Multiplayer is what I'll play from December 3rd to the next smash game.

Now, now, you cant say that you beat the whole singleplayer-game of SSBM in one day. It´s not "just" the adventure-mode. The heck, i remember getting my last trophy just this year XD

Zeed

Banned
Maxrpg said:
As the countless memes and newgrounds flash sprite shows will tell you, a Mario vs Sonic encounter is pretty much the most fan requested video game thing ever. And now that there's an olympic games thing (played up as Mario AND Sonic, not Mario vs Sonic), Smash Bros is the true outlet where you can put the Mustachioed One to the test against the Blue Hedgehog.

Which is why if Sonic doesn't make it in, it will be epic fail.
Over in real life though, I think the Mario franchise has pretty much killed Sonic and drunken his blood. It's not quite like the old days of "Genesis does what Nintendon't". Sonic's not very relevant anymore.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Since Mario vs. Sonic is such a fan-requested favorite, they had better release the Olympic Games minigame festival before Smash gets out, or Sonic is confirmed to be in Smash. Why waste time racing and shot-putting Mario and Sonic if you can pit them together to beat the crap out of each other like everyone really wants to see?

Zeed

Banned
Cyan said:
Hmm, now I'm curious.

This thread:
Code:
Zeed   		680
Flawless victory. Take that, ShockingAlberto.

Cyan said:
Holy crap Zeed! And how many of those 680 posts consist of begging for Lyn?
Probably around 600.

EktorPR said:
Arguing against Zeed is not my idea of fun, not in this thread in which he has planted flag.
I've planted my flag here people, step off my lawn!

SantaC

Gold Member
Mr. Spinnington said:
Hey, change my quote to match my stealth edit. You're making me look bad in front of the guys!

haha that was the point, I saw your stealth edit, but went with the original quote :lol

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Wow, it looks like I need to have more opinions about this game or something. Oh wait, I have 73 posts. I thought I was just being overly conservative about posting. How many posts can fit on a page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom