• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

Speaking of Master Hand, I totally dont see him as the last boss anymore ... just not iconic enough, I think hell be a sub boss.

I don't see why everyone seems to consider Master Hand some kind of main Smash Bros villain... The Hands weren't even present in the Adventure mode from Melee.

They'll probably will return in "Classic" mode or its substitute and that will be it, I think. They don't even seem to fit very well with the dull colors of the Subspace Army.

Haunted

Nephenee would be fantastic. Her design is ace, she's female (what a lot of people are clamoring for), she's a badass wielding a lance and is overall just my favourite character from FE9, Ike and Soren included.

It's a shame that her chances to be in Brawl are close to nil. I'm realistic, she won't be in, not as an assist, sticker, anything. :(

sp0rsk said:
Zeed was banned for shit he did in the Yukio Futsanagi thread for 2 weeks, now stop whining.
seriously.

WastingPenguins said:
nepheneelh7.jpg

Okay, I don't know much about FE, but the character design here is aces. Bring her on.

Just what I was thinking. Maybe I should get into FE?

Captain N said:
totally random, but my buddy just called me from Vegas and told me he'd be playing this game tonight.

Jokingly, right? Otherwise I'd presume the gaming sites would report something similar.

Saitou

Banned
sp0rsk said:
Zeed was banned for shit he did in the Yukio Futsanagi thread for 2 weeks, now stop whining.
Yukio who?

Regarding Nephenee, while she is indeed awesome and your only good option for a Halberdier, she is far from the 'best non-Ike' unit in the game, as someone mentioned. That title goes to Sothe, who can actually do a solo run faster than Ike.

I bank on Zihark, though. Got a softspot for badass Swordmasters.

That said, if more FE characters are going to be playable, I stand by my initial claim that it should be Ika (granted), Hector and Ephraim. That way, it's not all sword users.

But they do all have blue hair >_>

Captain N

MasterAJ22 said:
Jokingly, right? Otherwise I'd presume the gaming sites would report something similar.

No, not jokingly...actually he said he'd give me a call in an hour or so and let me know what he thinks of it. I told him to play that and Halo 3 first.

Haunted One said:
Nephenee would be fantastic. Her design is ace, she's female (what a lot of people are clamoring for), she's a badass wielding a lance and is overall just my favourite character from FE9, Ike and Soren included.

It's a shame that her chances to be in Brawl are close to nil. I'm realistic, she won't be in, not as an assist, sticker, anything.

Sad, but true. Her best bet would be a sticker, but thats probably not even going to happen anyway..... *sigh*

I think though most of the FE slots are filled though a couple stickers will go through I know. For characters and AT, I may be wrong, but that really might be all that Sakurai will put in....

Saitou

Banned
Saitou said:
Yukio who?

Regarding Nephenee, while she is indeed awesome and your only good option for a Halberdier, she is far from the 'best non-Ike' unit in the game, as someone mentioned. That title goes to Sothe, who can actually do a solo run faster than Ike.

That said, if more FE characters are going to be playable, I stand by my initial claim that it should be Ike (granted), Hector and Ephraim. That way, it's not all sword users.

But they do all have blue hair >_>

BOTTOM OF PAGE'D

Hate it when it happens.

Haunted

Saitou said:

That said, if more FE characters are going to be playable, I stand by my initial claim that it should be Ika (granted), Hector and Ephraim. That way, it's not all sword users.
I feel the same about Zihark. :D

Actually, that's why I think that Eliwood has pretty good chances. Red hair, not a swordsman, but wields a rapier (which means more of a fencing style would be possible for him), is a FE lord and appears in 2 FE games (although one is just a cameo). Perfect Roy replacement.

NeonZ

Sothe? Mr. "I can't promote"? You must have meant someone else...

Saitou

Banned
Haunted One said:
I feel the same about Zihark. :D

Actually, that's why I think that Eliwood has pretty good chances. Red hair, not a swordsman, is a FE lord and appears in 2 FE games (although one is just a cameo).
Eliwood's main is swords, though. Although I agree red hair does boost his chances considerably.

In fact, you've now convinced me my scenario is impossible :( Instead, we'll probably get Eliwood, and no one from FE8

OH THE HORROR

NeonZ: NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Captain N said:
No, not jokingly...actually he said he'd give me a call in an hour or so and let me know what he thinks of it. I told him to play that and Halo 3 first.

SO the final build is out already or a demo? be sure to tell your friend to give you some good details!

What? you mean at that gamestop manager convention? if this is true, then don't you think it would've gotten more coverage by now?

ant1532

Banned
Tomorrow is going to be an awesome update. I'm feeling it. Especially with two item updates I doubt they would do a normal item update tonight.

I'm expecting a stage, how to play, or game mode. And if it's a new character keep in mind they have to be new unless they decide to let loose on Snake which I highly doubt and if they did who would care that we already know about him, it's SNAKE.

Haunted

ant1532 said:
Tomorrow is going to be an awesome update. I'm feeling it. Especially with two item updates I doubt they would do a normal item update tonight.

I'm expecting a stage, how to play, or game mode. And if it's a new character keep in mind they have to be new unless they decide to let loose on Snake which I highly doubt and if they did who would care that we already know about him, it's SNAKE.
Do you mean new new, or returning new? What about Ness and Captain Falcon?

NeonZ

Actually, that's why I think that Eliwood has pretty good chances. Red hair, is a FE lord and appears in 2 FE games (although one is just a cameo)

Eliwood and Hector are unlockable characters in FE6's trial maps. However, both just have generic classes Paladin (Eliwood) and General (Hector).
Weirdly, Eliwood has an S ranking in lances, not swords, so he can't wield the Durandal, but can wield the legendary spear, Malte, IIRC.

Haunted

NeonZ said:
Eliwood and Hector are unlockable characters in FE6's trial maps. However, both just have generic classes Paladin (Eliwood) and General (Hector).
Weirdly, Eliwood has an S ranking in lances, not swords, so he can't wield the Durandal, but can wield the legendary spear, Malte, IIRC.
That's cool. I'd be fine if they give him a lance to wield, or maybe a combination of both fighting styles? It's all about the variety. And since Ike is so similar to Marth... maybe Roy will get replaced by an equally similar character - Eliwood would fit that bill.

Also, I don't think you need to spoiler tag FE 6 stuff. :lol

GamerSoul

I think the new FE character(Not counting Marth, who is likely returning) won't be revealed til the game is released. The disappointing inclusion of Lyn, has confused me about FE's reps. I have a feeling the Black Knight will still be in, but after that I'm lost.

Haunted

ant1532 said:
New as in, to brawl new. Don't forget Jiggly and Luigi!
I'd never! Jiggly and Luigi have both been unlockables in Melee, though, so I guess they won't be unveiled on the site before release.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Captain N said:

Hmm... I worked at EB for over two years and I do remember that the managers did indeed get to go to special events like this to preview upcoming games. (They often came back with free swag and games too - my old manager brought me back a free copy of Mario and Luigi for GBA two full weeks before its release. :) Had a little "not for resale" sticker on the game cart. )

Of course even if this is all true and the retail conference is going on right now, I'd still be skeptical about Brawl being playable there. If anything the release date might just be mentioned and so on... we'll have to see.

Please keep us posted!

OOO! I forgot about him!

I think the Black Knight will be in as a playable character. It fits with the whole "every character seems to have their arch-nemesis in the game" thing. I think he has a very good chance. He definently stands out.

For tommorow, I don't know what to expect. I usally get my predictions wrong anyway. :D

Captain N

I don't want to start a whole new thread since I don't want it to draw too much attention since he might not actually be playing.

Firestorm

Captain N said:
totally random, but my buddy just called me from Vegas and told me he'd be playing this game tonight.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

oh my god. If true, tonight should hopefully be something special. Tell him to take a quick pic of the character selection menu so we can see what it looks like.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
This Dark Knight thing intrigues me, who is the most awesome/charismatic/badass of the Fire Emblem villains? That saga needs a nemesis for Smash

GamerSoul

Raging Spaniard said:
This Dark Knight thing intrigues me, who is the most awesome/charismatic/badass of the Fire Emblem villains? That saga needs a nemesis for Smash
fire_emblem_souen_no_kiseki_concept.jpg

TheBlackKnight.jpg

1-fireemblempathreview.jpg

The Black Knight(FE9) is pretty much Ike's main arch-nemesis/rival, he is a mysterious man who became one of the 4 Riders of Daein. His armor is said to be blessed.
He kills Greil, Ike's father, who he once trained under
. His sword, Alondite, is said to only be matched by Ragnell, Ike's blade.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
GamerSoul said:
darknight.jpg

The Black Knight(FE9) is pretty much Ike's main arch-nemesis/rival, he is a mysterious man who became one of the 4 Riders of Daein. His armor is said to be blessed.
He kills Greil, Ike's father, who he once trained under
. His sword, Alondite, is said to only be matched by Ragnell, Ike's blade.

Well thats pretty much a no brainer then. Would be shocked if this wasnt in

Captain N

Did he get to play the game?? You can bet your bottm dollar he did! Me told me they had a whole roster of playable characters and he went with Mario. The controller style was Super Paper Mario, yo. He is going to call me back with more details.

Edit - this is all typed on my iphone...sorry for the last of details, but I guess we can expect this at TGS..?

GamerSoul

Captain N said:
Did he get to play the same?? You can bet your bottm dollar he did! Me told me they had a whole roster of playable characters and he went with Mario. The controller style was Super Paper Mario, yo. He is going to call me back with more details.

:eek:
:eek:
I guess I can stay up for another hour or so. :D

Raging Spaniard

Captain N said:
I don't know when he'll call me back, but he did say he was playing against Bowser
wtf why didnt he play as a new character? Your friend sounds duuuummmbbbbb :(

ARG, now this is more important to me than the update. Call him back, do it for GAF

usea

Mario and Bowser confirmed! Also different control styles. We need more updates, so many unanswered questions.

You should make a new thread.

GamerSoul

Captain N said:
I don't know when he'll call me back, but he did say he was playing against Bowser

If I was him, you wouldn't be hearing from me for awhile. :lol
That's cool if true, moar info as soon as you can plz.

Captain N

Raging Spaniard said:
wtf why didnt he play as a new character? Your friend sounds duuuummmbbbbb :(

ARG, now this is more important to me than the update. Call him back, do it for GAF

Truth be told...he told me that he was never a big fan of the other to smash bro games..texting him for answers.

SantaC

Captain N said:
Did he get to play the game?? You can bet your bottm dollar he did! Me told me they had a whole roster of playable characters and he went with Mario. The controller style was Super Paper Mario, yo. He is going to call me back with more details.

mario??? A whole roster and he chooses mario @_@

ohamsie

Um...I'm skeptical, so I'm going to say my prediction for tonight. Item: Watermelon. It is from Yoshi's Island and you can use it to spit seeds like bullets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom