• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insaniac

So i wonder what Mega-head/mini-head is. This also makes me, will we see more options in time, or are these pretty much all the passive abilities that items will grant?

scottnak

JoeFu said:
various04_070913d-l.jpg

It’s a Stamina Mega Flower Curry Heavy Slow Angled Brawl!

Rofl.
:lol :lol Man. This is tooooooooo awesome.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
In Melee, my only complaints with the special modes were that you couldn't apply multiple special settings at once and that stamina wasn't adjustable.

Bravo, Sakurai, sir. Bravo.

usea

Greenpanda said:
Wait, is this just customizing the character appearances, or the rules as well?
It's rules that apply to everybody. Notice the camera setting, which is obviously global since there's only one camera.

usea said:
I'd say that you can customize characters to some limited extent, probably before the match.
Eh not really what I meant, but I wasn't too far off.

Haunted

I'm also really starting to like the new, brighter colour scheme they're using for the menus.

GamerSoul said:
Knuckle Joe is in one of the pics!
.. and the character who called him is nowhere in sight. I submit this as decisive evidence that some AT's do replace your character, while others don't, your honor.

Jiggy

Beezy said:
Only 150 HP for Stamina Mode AGAIN?
Yeah, actually I just caught that as you were posting. :(

Now we can't confirm if it's customizable or not... the 300% option seems to be there to set the damage you start off at, but there's nothing to say Stamina can be adjusted at all. Which kind of sucks, since it absolutely needs to be a possibility. It could have been an awesome mode that competed with Stock for people's attention in SSBM, but wasn't for this very reason.

Dreavus said:
Also, I just saw the "reflect" status... a match with that option on would be ridiculous. gg Samus! :lol
But it would reflect back off of Samus also.

Tristam

This is a really cool feature, but I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of it -- I'm a snobby 4-stock no-items tourney player.

ohamsie

Tristam said:
This is a really cool feature, but I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of it -- I'm a snobby 4-stock no-items tourney player.

Ideally this would lead to lots more variety in tournaments since people would be able to manipulate a lone variable, which would still be an even playing field. Practically, it isn't going to happen though.

Capndrake

Haunted One said:
.. and the character who called him is nowhere in sight. I submit this as decisive evidence that some AT's do replace your character, while others don't, your honor.
In the Lyn update Sakurai said you can hold your target to make it easier for Lyn to hit him/her though.

EDIT: Never mind, some >_>

Beezy

Jiggy37 said:
Yeah, actually I just caught that as you were posting. :(

Now we can't confirm if it's customizable or not... the 300% option seems to be there to set the damage you start off at, but there's nothing to say Stamina can be adjusted at all. Which kind of sucks, since it absolutely needs to be a possibility. It could have been an awesome mode that competed with Stock for people's attention in SSBM, but wasn't for this very reason.
Yeah, stamina matches ended too quickly because of the 150 HP limit. It would've been the best extra mode if you were able to change it.

JoeFu said:
Why would it be a move?

Have you not seen the franklin badge update?

If all characters projectiles bounced off it would be an unfair advantage to the characters who don't rely on long-distance.

...I guess in the case of these special matches that could be okay. meh

Jiggy

Come to think of it, being limited to 150 HP in Stamina might work out if and only if we can at least have multiple lives and none of that really painful slowdown for the SSBM death animation. Having 750 HP or whatever wouldn't play much differently from having 150 HP and five lives.

Edit: Of course, that's still not ideal, because I'd like to have the option of having 750 HP with five lives, and less interruption from people dying and respawning, etc. Just saying it would at least be a lot better than SSBM's version if you could have more than one life.

Tenbatsu

Seems like Nintendo is going all out with this game with all the fantastic updates. Guess there will be alot more better surprises that we will get to see soon.

mugwhump

Beezy said:
Only 150 HP for Stamina Mode AGAIN? They need to change that shit.
?
The two options for stamina mode are "300%" and "Stamina". If the only selectable stamina levels were 300 and 150, why wouldn't they just write 150 on the button that says "Stamina"? I think it's pretty obvious that Stamina level is selectable.

mugwhump said:
?
The two options for stamina mode are "300%" and "Stamina". If the only selectable stamina levels were 300 and 150, why wouldn't they just write 150 on the button that says Stamina? I think it's pretty obvious that Stamina level is selectable.
What? I doubt that. 300% obviously is the Sudden Death mode, while Stamina is the HP mode.

Beezy

mugwhump said:
?
The two options for stamina mode are "300%" and "Stamina". If the only selectable stamina levels were 300 and 150, why wouldn't they just write 150 on the button that says Stamina? I think it's pretty obvious that Stamina level is selectable.
The 300% has nothing to do with Stamina. In this, it looks like you can either play it like normal Smash matches with the percentage or with 150 HP like in Stamina Mode.

When they select Stamina, Mario's HP is set to 150, just like in Melee's Stamina Mode. I want the option to change that number.

mugwhump

Son of Godzilla said:
What? I doubt that. 300% obviously is the Sudden Death mode, while Stamina is the HP mode.
Ooooooh. Yeah, you're right about 300% mode. But considering how awesome Brawl is in every way, I'll be surprised if we can't customize stamina. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

mugwhump

Ooh ooh ooh!

ASSUMPTIONTON

Camera mode isn't listed as a Special Melee type anymore!
Thus, I speculate we'll be able to take screenshots whenever we want by pausing the game! This makes me extremely happy, I spent a long time taking pictures in Camera mode. It's so easy to implement that I'll hate them if they don't do it, anyways.

edit:... unless Angled mode is the same as Melee's camera mode, which would explain why there's only 3 chars in the screenshot. :( Unless one transformed into knuckle joe or got knocked out...

Nice update, this mode should lead to some insane customizable matches. I really hope you can modify Stamina HP though - that would have certainly been one of the best modes in SSBM had they included that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom