• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
snake.jpg

The legendary mercenary makes his miraculous Smash debut! This law-breaking news roared around the world.

He comes fully-loaded with cool and showy weapons that only he could possess. Fusing these together with the different wondrous worlds on display really does offer new horizons.

snake_070921a-l.jpg

snake_070921b-l.jpg

snake_070921d-l.jpg

snake_070921c-l.jpg

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Keru_Shiri said:
So I guess this means any kind of character is fair game for updates? Holy crap, what a week of updates this has been! And new music, too!

I want to know what the dealio is! Is he a starter now... or are unlockables fair game for updates?

EITHER WAY SAKURAI YOU TRICKED MEEEE

Hah, I love that Sakurai keeps breaking everyone's expectations about what's going to be posted on the site, or what is or isn't going to be in the game ;)

Also, using the Cypher cameras from MGS2 as his recovery mode is pretty clever.

As explained under the My Music section, members of Konami’s Metal Gear Solid sound team have personally provided some song arrangement!

Add the pace of this majestic song to production values rivalling that of Hollywood composers, and the result is spectacular.

Oh, and of course this song will be played on a stage with a Metal Gear Solid motif. So you can look forward to that, too..

This game is gonna be HUGE, JUST HUGE

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Looking at how he grabs Ike (Bbloody awesome!)... How is Snake going to grab Pikachu and Kirby? Pick them up?

Scribble

1: Smash Bros Logo (Smash Bros.)
2: “DK” Logo (Donkey Kong)
3: Great Fox Emblem (Star Fox)
5: “F-Zero” Logo
6: Screw Attack (Metroid)
7: Earth (Earthbound)
8: Pokeball (Pokemon)
9: Triforce (Legend of Zelda)
10: Mushroom (Mario)
11: Egg (Yoshi)
12: Sword (Fire Emblem)
13:
14: Eggplant (Ice Climber)
15: Leaf (Animal Crossing)
16: “W” (WarioWare)
17: METAL GEAR SOLID CONFIRMED
18: Bow & Arrow (Kid Icarus)

usea

Scribble said:
Snake has an extra special move - like Mario did.
I believe the mortar and mine could be smash attacks. Since it says right above them that his smash attacks also use ordinance. Also it doesn't say they're special moves like it does the others. We don't know for sure, but we'll find it eventually.

It's leading me to believe that he will be sort of a gimmick character. Speculation wins. Snake sucks confirmed. I'll wait to see his aerials and normals, but from what we've seen so far that's what I believe.

Scribble said:
13:

hmm, so they're not putting all the 3rd party characters/worlds last. that leaves pretty much everything up in the air now!

WildArms

Scribble said:
13:

13 is Game & Watch. It must be.

beef3483

I figure this is as good a time as any to bring this up.

Is anybody else a little dissappointed that Nintendo isn't leveraging Snake's Smash Brothers appearance for a Metal Gear game on the Wii. When this generation is over, think about how many people will have played Smash Brothers. It's not a stretch to say that this could be the Wiis best selling game for the whole generation.

But meanwhile MGS4 is being billed as the PS3 killer app and it's being shown at TGS right now. And with Brawl Nintendo is actually advertising a Playstation exclusive property.

Edit: Oh, and just so you know I am happy that Snake is in SSBB.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Metal Gear Solid 4 music, eh?

Eh?

(Nudge nudge, wink wink, nudge nudge)

Seriously though... haven't we proven by now that making ANY sort of assumptions about Sakurai is just plain stupid?

Scribble

usea said:
I believe the mortar and mine could be smash attacks. Since it says right above them that his smash attacks also use ordinance. Also it doesn't say they're special moves like it does the others. We don't know for sure, but we'll find it eventually.

Yeah, that is probably the case. I just didn't know what "ordnance" meant until I dictionary dot commed it =X

Jiggy

Keru_Shiri said:
So I guess this means any kind of character is fair game for updates?
I can only hope so. I want Jigglypuff confirmation sooner than later. >_>

Edit: To add to this... Like I said earlier today, out of 18 weeks of updates, there have only been three that didn't have a character profile. At this pace, with 10 weeks of updates left, there should be nine more characters at least. So, yeah, saying that anything goes might be fairly safe...

WildArms

beef3483 said:

Is anybody else a little dissappointed that Nintendo isn't leveraging Snake's Smash Brothers appearance for a Metal Gear game on the Wii. When this generation is over, think about how many people will have played Smash Brothers. It's not a stretch to say that this could be the Wiis best selling game for the whole generation.

I mean MGS4 is billed as the PS3 killer app and it's being shown at TGS right now.
And with this game Nintendo is actually advertising a Playstation exclusive property.

I agree with everything, and I don't get it either. The inclusion of Snake in SSB:B might get some extra sales for SSB:B yes, but the inclusion of Snake in SSB:B will surely cause much more extra sales for MGS4. It seems like a silly move business wise. There must be more behind it.

beef3483 said:
I mean MGS4 is billed as the PS3 killer app and it's being shown at TGS right now.
And with this game Nintendo is actually advertising a Playstation exclusive property.

Metal Gear isn't a Playstation exclusive property. MGS4 is out of the question, but an MGS game on Wii isn't.

I wonder if the cardboard box will be his Down Special Move. They keep showing it in the screenshots so it wasn't just for that one E3 trailer

Or maybe it's his Final Smash :lol

beef3483 said:

But meanwhile MGS4 is being billed as the PS3 killer app and it's being shown at TGS right now. And with Brawl Nintendo is actually advertising a Playstation exclusive property.

But in a way, a Playstation exclusive property is promoting Brawl.

beef3483

DavidDayton said:
I think you need to read up on your release lists -- past and present.

I know about Metal Gear on NES and the MGS remake, if that's what you're impying. But the original Metal Gear was ages ago and no Konami team made Twin Snakes.

TheGreatDave said:
Metal Gear isn't a Playstation exclusive property. MGS4 is out of the question, but an MGS game on Wii isn't.

What I meant by exclusive is that the best iterations of the MGS franchise have all appeared on a Playstation machine and were made by Kojima.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
The topic title should be changed to "Smash Bros. Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread - Now with WiFi and SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKEEE"

DefectiveReject said:
there are orchestrated tracks in this game.

But the soundtrack isn't. And I'd be very surprised if the ratio of orchestrated to MIDI in this song is favourable. I don't really mind personally but I'm really doubtful that the people hoping some of the tracks thus far are "placeholder" are going to be anything but disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom