• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
WildArms said:
I agree with everything, and I don't get it either. The inclusion of Snake in SSB:B might get some extra sales for SSB:B yes, but the inclusion of Snake in SSB:B will surely cause much more extra sales for MGS4. It seems like a silly move business wise. There must be more behind it.
Goodwill from Konami and Kojima, probably? Kojima is already hinting that he has something for the Wii, so.

It’s not just Snake’s special moves that use military hardware – so do his smash attacks. Can that be?

snake_070921e-l.jpg

He’s shooting something up in the air!

snake_070921f-l.jpg

He’s planting something!

------------------------------------------

Side Special Move: Remote Missile

This is called a Nikita. It’s a remote-controlled missile.

snake_070921g-l.jpg

Missile fired!

You can control the missile yourself! But since Snake is so focused on controlling the missile, he’s completely defenceless while he does so.

snake_070921h-l.jpg

If things get dangerous, press the shield button to stop controlling the missile.

Standard Special Move: Hand Grenade

snake_070921i-l.jpg

Try walking around with the pin out.

Press your special-move button to pull out the pin. The grenade will explode after a few seconds, so be aware of the time and press the special-move button again to toss the grenade.

Strong throw!

snake_070921j1-l.jpg

Mid throw!

snake_070921j2-l.jpg

Soft throw!

snake_070921j3-l.jpg

There are three ways to throw the grenade. Tilt the Control Stick forwards, not at all, or backwards.

In some cases, grenades you drop may get returned to sender.

And his recovery special move is...

Up Special Move: Cypher

snake_070921k-l.jpg

Oh! Watch out! In times like this...

snake_070921l-l.jpg

Shoosh-shoosh-shoosh-shoosh-shoosh!

Use his flying reconnaissance camera, the Cypher, to recover. Snake can’t fly, but he’ll do what he must.

He’ll use anything in the battlefield. That’s the crux of survival.

fusoya59

K guys, that's a wrap. There's really nothing to look forward to now. Just more Nintendo characters, modes, and items.

There's just no way this week's updates can be topped.

Scribble said:
1: Smash Bros Logo (Smash Bros.)
2: “DK” Logo (Donkey Kong)
3: Great Fox Emblem (Star Fox)
5: “F-Zero” Logo
6: Screw Attack (Metroid)
7: Earth (Earthbound)
8: Pokeball (Pokemon)
9: Triforce (Legend of Zelda)
10: Mushroom (Mario)
11: Egg (Yoshi)
12: Sword (Fire Emblem)
13:
14: Eggplant (Ice Climber)
15: Leaf (Animal Crossing)
16: “W” (WarioWare)
17: METAL GEAR SOLID CONFIRMED
18: Bow & Arrow (Kid Icarus)

Where did you get this list of 18? I mean, how did you get the number 18 as the number of franchises in the game?

Edit: Also, any rips of the MGS song yet? :D

scottnak

Vyse The Legend said:
Where did you get this list of 18? I mean, how did you get the number 18 as the number of franchises in the game?

Edit: Also, any rips of the MGS song yet? :D

It's simply the ID number the franchise icon a character gets in the top left corner of an update box. All we know so far... is that there are at LEAST 18.

fusoya59 said:
K guys, that's a wrap. There's really nothing to look forward to now. Just more Nintendo characters, modes, and items.

Look, it's Mega Man! The Blue Bomber is ready to brawl!

Wha...what's that attached to his arm?!

Jea Song

Did the right thing
fusoya59 said:

WiFi confirmed, and snake. What else could anyone possibly ask for?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Vyse The Legend said:

The highest designation we've seen for an icon has been 18 (the Kid Icarus one). There very well could be more franchises, but we've seen no evidence to that effect yet.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
beef3483 said:
I know about Metal Gear on NES and the MGS remake, if that's what you're impying. But the original Metal Gear was ages ago and no Konami team made Twin Snakes.

You said "Playstation exclusive property".

Metal Gear / Metal Gear Solid isn't "Playstation exclusive", and never has been.

:)

(Now, perhaps if you had said "promoting Metal Gear Solid 4, a Playstation exclusive property" you'd be right... but, well, that's not what you said. Pedantic, aren't I?)

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
fusoya59 said:

But...but...Pokemon Trainer :-(

Jiggy

fusoya59 said:

Yeah, just wait until the stage editor, create-a-character, and the mode where you'll get new downloadable content every three weeks for the first year after release.

>_>

AMUSIX

Scribble said:
1: Smash Bros Logo (Smash Bros.)
2: “DK” Logo (Donkey Kong)
3: Great Fox Emblem (Star Fox)
5: “F-Zero” Logo
6: Screw Attack (Metroid)
7: Earth (Earthbound)
8: Pokeball (Pokemon)
9: Triforce (Legend of Zelda)
10: Mushroom (Mario)
11: Egg (Yoshi)
12: Sword (Fire Emblem)
13:
14: Eggplant (Ice Climber)
15: Leaf (Animal Crossing)
16: “W” (WarioWare)
17: METAL GEAR SOLID CONFIRMED
18: Bow & Arrow (Kid Icarus)
There goes my hope of a:

17: Pikmin

Oh well, perhaps it belongs at 19.

DDayton

fusoya59 said:

Pac-Man.

(and that silly blue spiney mammal.)

beef3483

DavidDayton said:

Metal Gear / Metal Gear Solid isn't "Playstation exclusive", and never has been.

(Now, perhaps if you had said "promoting Metal Gear Solid 4, a Playstation exclusive property" you'd be right... but, well, that's not what you said. Pedantic, aren't I?)

I clarified what I meant. Happy?

Edit: Besides, that wasn't my point. My point was that, unless there's something we don't know about, Konami is bending Nintendo over a barrell.

M3wThr33

Banned
DavidDayton said:

Some would argue the best one is on a Nintendo console.

Ghost Babel (MGS:GBC)

Scribble

fusoya59 said:

That's not true. I'd be more excited to see a Ridley playable character update than Snake. There's also:

*Alternative costumes
*The other "Wi-Fi features"

Which would be megatons for me =X

Oh, and Snake's ass is even "better" in the Kojima pic from yesterday :lol

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
TheGreatDave said:
Look, it's Mega Man! The Blue Bomber is ready to brawl!

Wha...what's that attached to his arm?!

Look, it's Bomberman! The King of explosions has come to brawl.

Huh...Wh- Where does he get his infinite supply of bombs?

i believe his down b will be a list of selectable items judging by the screenshots and the fact that he has a bunch of attacks that cant possibly be mapped to an A button

SuperAngelo64 said:
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51MBW6ZWRRL._AA280_.jpg[/IMG]

It's not a fully orchestrated soundtrack. And very few of the songs we've heard thus far for Brawl are. I have no problem with MIDI personally, so I don't care either way, but Smash Bros. Brawl isn't going to suddenly have a fully orchestrated soundtrack.

fusoya59

C'mon guys let's keep it real.

Pac-man or Megaman appearing in the roster is as likely as Ness being a playable character.

There's very little hope that any of the above characters will be playable. At the very best, they can be assist trophies. Or stickers.

DDayton

beef3483 said:
I clarified what I meant. Happy?

Well, that depends... your clarification was still a bit off, as my good friend pointed out:

M3wThr33 said:
Some would argue the best one is on a Nintendo console.

Ghost Babel (MGS:GBC)

The fact is that, well, you need to specify a specific title in the MG/MGS series that is Playstation-brand specific, as most aren't.

fusoya59 said:

Pac-man or Megaman appearing in the roster is as likely as Ness being a playable character.

There's very little hope that any of the above characters will be playable. At the very best, they can be assist trophies. Or stickers.

Oh shit, Pac-Man! That would be such a stupid sight to see I'd let that bastard in the game.

WildArms said:
Look, it's Bomberman! The King of explosions has come to brawl.

Huh...Wh- Where does he get his infinite supply of bombs?

Ridley001.jpg

It's Ridley, Samus' arch nemesis. Ridley has appeared in numerous games in the series, and has been redesigned for Brawl. Watch out, his fireballs sting!

He's huge! And tough!

Be careful not to get in the way of his sharp claws!

Ouch! That hurt!

I'm so glad I stayed up for this update! :D The music was especially awesome, though I was kind of getting a Pirates of the Caribbean-vibe to it (I love the music from the movies) which was really cool.

Oh-and the nikita will be fun to play with. Wish you could go into first-person to watch the impact (like in the MGS games)...

FlightOfHeaven said:
It's sad that one website can totally own TGS.

WiFi before and Snake after, what a deadly sandwich.

I think i predicted this earlier in the topic.
NIntendo would till grab our attention more than most things at TGS with just a few awesome Smash updates. And they did......LOL

DDayton

fusoya59 said:

Ahem.

SSBB won't be online!
We won't get a Snake update!
The Ice Climbers are gone!
Wii Remote only support CONFIRMED!
Assist trophies make you DISAPPEAR!

Let's just not make any predictions while Sakurai is in charge, ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom