• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

Cool update, I was hoping they'd announce regular trophies! I wonder if they'll have another one that requires saved data of other games on your Wii, like the old Pikmin trophy. :D

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
kamikaze said:
yay, trophies are back! i wonder if there'll be any online trading allowed?

this is exactly what entered my mind when I saw you could have multiples of individual trophies...

Dreavus said:
Cool update, I was hoping they'd announce regular trophies! I wonder if they'll have another one that requires saved data of other games on your Wii, like the old Pikmin trophy. :D

MARIO GALAXY?

who knows what other high profile game could they be hiding in this gem?

JDSN

Banned
This, Halo 3 and TF2 would officially make this the "Desert Island games" year, they seem to be so incredibly deep.

Neomoto

Wow.. just wow. I want to collect everything but holy shit it's gonna take me forever. Wait.. "forever", as in Game of Forever? :eek: It all makes sense now.

Jiggy

JDSN said:
This, Halo 3 and TF2 would officially make this the "Desert Island games" year, they seem to be so incredibly deep.
Well, if it was a desert island with wi-fi I'd certainly take Brawl. If it wasn't...

...yeah, actually I guess I'd still take Brawl. Even if fighting CPUs got old I'd have the best game music library around.

Without wifi, I really don't see how Halo 3 or TF2's SP could stand up to Brawl's.

Actually, come to think of it, does TF2 even have SP? I'm not sure on that.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So is the Famitsu stuff true about the Animal Crossing character?

Katsuya Eguchi, director of the Animal Crossing games, has been interviewed in the latest issue of Famitsu. In it he discusses the upcoming Animal Crossing game on the Wii, although one of the questions ties into Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

FAMITSU: Have you been approached to contribute Animal Forest elements for the new Smash Bros. game?

KATSUYA EGUCHI: Yes, and there is quite a funny story to it. A few months after E3 2006, (Masahiro Sakurai) contacted me and asked if I'd like to develop possible Animal Forest ideas for Smash Bros. Originally, we settled on just a quick, simple Animal Forest item, but with the success of Wild World and the Animal Forest film, he asked if I'd be up for designing additional elements. [Laughs] Fast forward a few months and I had stage and character concepts created. Sakurai chose his favorite of the stage concepts, slightly tweaked it to his liking, and we together decided on the final Animal Forest character, which is a very fun character to play. With both the stage and character I utilized ideas from the games. For example, if you play the stage at night, the sky will be dark. If you play in the winter, expect to see snow, and leaves in the autumn time. And yes, trees will be decorated on Christmas! It's really something else. I worked very hard on this one little stage! [Laughs] The Animal Crossing character is very much like the one in the games. You know, he will use his axe, fishing rod, bug catching net, and everything else from the games.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Animal Crossing Main Player officially confirmed then?

I bet Sakurai gets pissed off at those interviews where stuff is unveiled before the site does it. That's how we knew about Sheik and Ganondorf.

Also, yay trophies!

Lobster

Banned
dallow_bg said:

Katsuya Eguchi, director of the Animal Crossing games, has been interviewed in the latest issue of Famitsu. In it he discusses the upcoming Animal Crossing game on the Wii, although one of the questions ties into Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

FAMITSU: Have you been approached to contribute Animal Forest elements for the new Smash Bros. game?

KATSUYA EGUCHI: Yes, and there is quite a funny story to it. A few months after E3 2006, (Masahiro Sakurai) contacted me and asked if I'd like to develop possible Animal Forest ideas for Smash Bros. Originally, we settled on just a quick, simple Animal Forest item, but with the success of Wild World and the Animal Forest film, he asked if I'd be up for designing additional elements. [Laughs] Fast forward a few months and I had stage and character concepts created. Sakurai chose his favorite of the stage concepts, slightly tweaked it to his liking, and we together decided on the final Animal Forest character, which is a very fun character to play. With both the stage and character I utilized ideas from the games. For example, if you play the stage at night, the sky will be dark. If you play in the winter, expect to see snow, and leaves in the autumn time. And yes, trees will be decorated on Christmas! It's really something else. I worked very hard on this one little stage! [Laughs] The Animal Crossing character is very much like the one in the games. You know, he will use his axe, fishing rod, bug catching net, and everything else from the games.

Oh cool, that should mean the skins you can choose for the character are boy or girl. It sounds pretty legit.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Would this make the Animal Crossing person the second character in the game to not go by an "official" name, after Pokémon Trainer?

What would it be called? "Animal Crossing Player"?

AMUSIX

dallow_bg said:

If this is accurate, I'm predicting the reveal of an AC character this week.

SovanJedi said:
Would this make the Animal Crossing person the second character in the game to not go by an "official" name, after Pokémon Trainer?

What would it be called? "Animal Crossing Player"?
"Villager"? Aren't all townsfolk called villagers?

dallow_bg said:

forget that! what else does he say about Animal Crossing Wii?

linkage, please

animal%20crossing%20boy%20light%20blue%20T-shirt.gif

So this is the animal crossing player? Does he have a name?

Darkpen

Banned
Cosmonaut X said:
All I can say is that, if this is true, we’d better get a Mr Resetti Assist Trophy!
....how... what would he do?

oh, i know. Unlike other assist trophies, he attacks the user instead :O

SantaC

Gold Member
I really want to see some new and cool stages.

Hyrule Castle was the best stage in original
Corneria was the best stage in Melee

Darkpen

Banned
if an AC character is playable in smash, I doubt it'll be the player. I expect Tom Nook, since KK is playing guitar on the AC level, ruling him out.

SantaC said:
I really want to see some new and cool stages.

Hyrule Castle was the best stage in original
Corneria was the best stage in Melee
I dunno, people loved FD and hyrule temple in melee :|

Dreavus

Akai said:
He covers the screen in text! ='D

Haha yeah, and a keyboard comes up with all players having to frantically type "sorry Mr.Resseti" with perfect spelling, else having to do it again and again until they get it right.

That little mole is so infuriating, why shouldn't his AT be that way too? :D

Akai

Darkpen said:
if an AC character is playable in smash, I doubt it'll be the player. I expect Tom Nook, since KK is playing guitar on the AC level, ruling him out.
Well Nook is in the background too...

dallow_bg said:

:O :O :O :O :O

EXACTLY what I wanted.

SantaC

Gold Member
Darkpen said:
I dunno, people loved FD and hyrule temple in melee :|

majoras mask stage was sweet as hell in melee. I loved smashing people down the water.

I want majoras mask representing again :(

clock town would be awesome.

hirokazu

SuperAngelo64 said:
2313.jpg

SPM SPOILER:
I just got to this part in the game today. Was surprised to see him as a brainwashed enemy
That picture along with the non-spoiler-tagged "SPM SPOILER" is more than enough to spoil it for those who haven't gotten up to that part yet! LOL.

Darkpen said:
....how... what would he do?

Fuck the players up, basically. Perhaps he could spring up to cover the screen like the Nintendog, ranting and raving at the player & blocking their view. Or maybe he would just burrow up beside the user and start berating them, effectively “freezing” them on the spot. While the player is taking a verbal battering from Resetti, they could be receiving a physical battering from other players sending their damage soaring.

Darkpen

Banned
hirokazu said:
That picture along with the non-spoiler-tagged "SPM SPOILER" is more than enough to spoil it for those who haven't gotten up to that part yet! LOL.
seriously. I come in here and see Luigi in a weird getup, with spoiler tag text on SPM??? wtf

Darkpen said:

It says it's a fun character to play who uses the items like in the real game, I think the player fits quite perfectly unlike Nook or KK Slider or any other one.

And yeah, that image just ruined it for me too I'm barely heading to the 4th or 5th heart
=(

Darkpen

Banned
MindCollizion said:
It says it's a fun character to play who uses the items like in the real game, I think the player fits quite perfectly unlike Nook or KK Slider or any other one.

And yeah, that image just ruined it for me too I'm barely heading to the 4th or 5th heart
=(
my guess is it'll be the girl from the movie or something. People would call out sexist at anything else.

SantaC

Gold Member
speaking of fucking up the game for you. Anyone want the Polar Bear from Ice Climbers to come in and try to fuck you up in the stage? (and not just only in the ice climber stage this time)

1046484649-00.jpg

He could jump like in the original and lower the stage for a while or something.

Rolf NB

Pureauthor said:
Without wifi, I really don't see how Halo 3 or TF2's SP could stand up to Brawl's.

Actually, come to think of it, does TF2 even have SP? I'm not sure on that.
That's why it will sell mostly in the shape of Half Life 2: The Orange Box: Unconfusing Product Edition.

NeonZ

dallow_bg said:

Did you get that from Gamefaqs? The topic creator has disappeared and couldn't give a link to his source, so it's probably fake.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
SuperAngelo64 said:
2313.jpg

SPM SPOILER:
I just got to this part in the game today. Was surprised to see him as a brainwashed enemy

This is the most dumb and useless "spoiler" tag I have seen. I mean who cares where or why we see Luigi like that in SPM, it's the fact that we do see him like that is what is spoiled.

turk128

SantaC said:
speaking of fucking up the game for you. Anyone want the Polar Bear from Ice Climbers to come in and try to fuck you up in the stage? (and not just only in the ice climber stage this time)
1046484649-00.jpg

He could jump like in the original and lower the stage for a while or something.
If you can stick your own advertisement/slogan on his milky white fur, then I'm all for it!

;)

dallow_bg said:

Can you be sure it's true?

Well, for the update, meh [spoilers]Execpt for the Awesome last part. And the the selection screen. And the trophies look oh so nice.

SuperAngelo64 said:
Well I got chewed out for spoiling a game earlier. Just being on the safe side.
He's saying... You can't be serious... The fact that you just got to that area in the game is not a spoiler. The picture itself, and what game it's from, is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom