• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scribble said:
Alternative Costumes today!
That would be perfection if Sakurai ever announced those.

Linkhero1 said:
Haha it'd be funny if they made an "original character" for smash called Master Chef. He'd look like Master Chief but with a chef cap on. :lol

Ready for photoshops!

Haunted One said:
The trophy could also go through as a 3D adaptation of the Tingle in Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, so maybe it's just the closest 3D representation of the modern Tingle they have.
I hope so. He's an even bigger pimp in the DS game than he was on the GC.

Haunted

Big Icarus said:
What about Ness?
Ness, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, all in.

Luigi and Falcon are 100% in, imo - Ness has very good chances as well, as he is the most iconic Eartbound character known. Only Jigglypuff could really be out, since both Kirby and Meta-Knight are pretty similar to him, and there are a shitton of other pokemon to choose from to replace him. But since I do think that - as a rule - all the originals are still in, I'll give Jiggly the benefit of the doubt there.

Capndrake

SuperAngelo64 said:
Well I got chewed out for spoiling a game earlier. Just being on the safe side.
With a picture of a spoiler character? You realize the game's only been out a week and Europe and (I think) isn't even out in Australia yet?

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Title should be

Smash Bros. Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread - Now with Trophies, Stickers, CDs, Custom Music, Online Play and... Ice Climbers

CassSept

SuperAngelo64, God Damn You To Hell

This Tingle looks scary o_O
Btw, i bet sakurai would laugh his ass off
"No WiFi!"
"Assist Trophies make your character disappear!"
"Snake wont be revealed on site!"
"Stickers replaces trophies!"
:lol

Haunted

Glad I'm already past the first appearance of that character in SPM.

CassSept said:
SuperAngelo64, God Damn You To Hell

This Tingle looks scary o_O
Btw, i bet sakurai would laugh his ass off
"No WiFi!"
"Assist Trophies make your character disappear!"
"Snake wont be revealed on site!"
"Stickers replaces trophies!"
I bet Sakurai reads this thread and plans his updates accordingly. :lol

McBacon said:
Title should be

Smash Bros. Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread - Now with Trophies, Stickers, CDs, Custom Music, Online Play and... Ice Climbers
Smash Bros. Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread - Now with OH GOD TOO MUCH STUFF TO COLLECT.

Linkhero1

Yay I'm happy they kept trophies. Who ever said stickers would replace trophies :lol :lol :lol
This is going to be my personal GOTY so much stuff to do. =D

ALRIGHT! LET ME APOLOGIZE FOR THE LUIGI INCIDENT!!

"OOPS GUYS! MY BAD!"

It's the internet, people... and a gaming discussion board at that. I don't think you guys would burn Sakurai at the stake if he did put <my suggestion here> as an alternate costume?

I mean hell, the entire Zelda/Shiek character in Melee embodies the biggest spoiler in OoT.

Edit: Here, I fixed it.

Jokeropia

McBacon said:
Title should be

Better be careful with the name changes after what happened to the Halo thread. :p

farnham

Banned
is it possible for SSBB to get anybetter..

yes... more third party characters and more FE characters please.. (Lyndis was a big let down personally.. so at least Eirika or Tiamat.. T.T)

Linkhero1

farnham said:
is it possible for SSBB to get anybetter..

yes... more third party characters and more FE characters please.. (Lyndis was a big let down personally.. so at least Eirika or Tiamat.. T.T)
Megaman as another third party character would be neat.

CassSept

SuperAngelo64 said:
It's the internet, people...
Well, you forgot...
InternetSeriousBusiness.jpg

Edit:

NeonZ

farnham said:

The only FEs characters likely to appear are Marth and Micaiah - the Black Knight has a small chance too, but only if Micaiah isn't in, I think. I'll be really surprised if anyone else appears.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Capndrake said:
With a picture of a spoiler character? You realize the game's only been out a week and Europe and (I think) isn't even out in Australia yet?
I'm so glad I've managed to do a big chunk of the game already so I'm safe from most spoilers.

I'm not too worried about spoilers for SSBB. I knew of Mr Game and Watch well before I even had the game. However seeing him in action was still a surprise.

Somnid

Surely you guys are smart enough to know that trophies won't tell you anything, there's a billion of them representing pretty much everything.

Haunted

Somnid said:
Surely you guys are smart enough to know that trophies won't tell you anything, there's a billion of them representing pretty much everything.
Alien banana is a playable character!? :eek:

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
meh, this is the smashbros dojo thread, no need to even discuss that thread or game.

probably be a quiet week this week save one new character we hadquite the week lastweek.

SuperAngelo64 said:
I mean hell, the entire Zelda/Shiek character in Melee embodies the biggest spoiler in OoT.

Not to keep harping on, but there were three years between the release of OoT and SSBM. Super Paper Mario has only been out in Europe for just over a week, and is still a relatively new title even in the US and Japan. It’s always worth erring on the side of caution with spoilers, even with older games.

Haunted

Well, one thing we can take away from today's update is that Tingle won't be a playable character, since I don't think that they would unveil him being in the game as a trophy in that way if he were indeed playable.

Cosmonaut X said:
Not to keep harping on, but there were three years between the release of OoT and SSBM. Super Paper Mario has only been out in Europe for just over a week, and is still a relatively new title even in the US and Japan. It’s always worth erring on the side of caution with spoilers, even with older games.
Yes,
and Aeris dies.

Haunted One said:
Yes,
and Aeris dies.

I hear if you run into the church and manage to touch her ghost you can revive her.

Seriously speaking, though, why was her death such a big deal? Plenty of RPG party characters have kicked the bucket, before and after her.

Pureauthor said:
I hear if you run into the church and manage to touch her ghost you can revive her.

Seriously speaking, though, why was her death such a big deal? Plenty of RPG party characters have kicked the bucket, before and after her.

She was Aeris, that's why.
She was a girl. And not just a girl, a church girl. And not just a church girl, a white mage church girl.

That's like shooting a doe point blank between the eyes with a magnum.

Haunted

*checks game feature wishlist*

Alternate costumes and Event mode confirmation still missing, everything else has been taken care of by Sakurai.

Pureauthor said:

Just FFVII's popularity rubbing off on its characters. I mean, Sephiroth was hardly a noteworthy villain compared to other RPGs.

Threi

notag
Pureauthor said:

No idea.

For me it pissed me off because she was my best character outside Cloud.

unlike in Legend of Dragoon where they give you a better replacement :lol

Linkhero1

Pureauthor said:
Oh noez, the Halo 3 thread has returned!

We was redouble our voodoo rituals to banish it back to the void whence it came!
Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fie Di Jow....Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fie Di Jow

:lol :lol :lol

I predict Triple Update Phoenix Wright.

His appearance, his stage music, which will be remixes of 'Investigation - Cornered 2001', and of course, his Final Smash, which will be to yell 'OBJECTION!' so loudly he stuns all characters on the screen for two seconds, and adds 25% to the counter.

NeonZ

Well, one thing we can take away from today's update is that Tingle won't be a playable character, since I don't think that they would unveil him being in the game as a trophy in that way if he were indeed playable.

I'm almost sure Luigi and Ganondorf had trophies shown before the game's release- though Luigi's was the Luigi Mansion one.

I think it's interesting that they're using a model straight from Wind Waker for Tingle. In the last SSB, I don't think they did that for any secondary character from a game that wasn't represented with a playable character- though I might just be looking too much into it.

Linkhero1

Pureauthor said:
I predict Triple Update Phoenix Wright.

His appearance, his stage music, which will be remixes of 'Investigation - Cornered 2001', and of course, his Final Smash, which will be to yell 'OBJECTION!' so loudly he stuns all characters on the screen for two seconds, and adds 25% to the counter.
:lol That'd be awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom