• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got:

2 Wiimotes
2 Nunchuks
1 Classic Controller
3 Gamecube controller
1 GC->PS2 converter (very useful)

Anyways, my comment about today's update:

Decent update, nice to have the feature back and though i wasn't a huge collector in SSBM, im glad its back.

Tomorrow's update? Its asking for a Stage or Assist Trophy!

Firestorm

Linkzg said:
I really hope this thread doesnt turn into people listing what controllers they have.

Anything to stay ahead of Halo 3 thread m i rite?
Seriously, there are at least 100 posts in both topics talking about how many posts to beat some other thread.

SantaC

Gold Member
Firestorm said:
Seriously, there are at least 100 posts in both topics talking about how many posts to beat some other thread.

it's useless even trying. They have passed this thread tomorrow.

Unless Sakurai unleashes Sonic on the halo fanboys

Firestorm said:

quality is heavier than fat...

I think I messed up that quote

The Halo threads might break out in to the lead, but they'll eventually fizzle out, while this thread remains strong until December.

Which leads me to wonder how long the site will update after the game's release.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Why do you guys even care about replies? This is a discussion thread, if over at the Halo one they feel the need to do +1's to post count who gives a shit? Theyre trying to overcompensate as much as the game theyre so hyped about.

Anyways I dunno what setup I'll prefer until I try them all, probably wont do the one with only the remote since I dont want to completely re-wire, but Im more than willing to give the nunchuk a chance.

By the way, sreiously, Im staying the fuck away from the internet for the first week. Anything that Sakurai has kept hidden for 3 or so months of updates will not be spoiled by some 15 year old that doesnt know any better

*remembers back in highschool when some kid started crying about
Aeris
dying on the schoolbus, before I had the chance to pick the game up*

Firestorm

Rindain said:
Will this thread be converted into the Official Thread once Brawl comes out?

No I don't think so.

Smash and Pokemon are both games I don't care too much about spoilers for. So I'll be staying in this thread and being fairly active as I play the game. It was a blast to follow along with GAF while playing through Pokemon so I expect the same for Smash.

I never really do it for any other games due to my anal ideas of what a spoiler is :lol

Haunted

I have
2 Wiimotes
2 Nunchucks
4 Gamecube Controllers

No Wavebird.

Wiimote + Nunchuck for the win. BELIEVE

Raging Spaniard said:
Why do you guys even care about replies? This is a discussion thread, if over at the Halo one they feel the need to do +1's to post count who gives a shit? Theyre trying to overcompensate as much as the game theyre so hyped about.
:O Them's fighting words!
It's true, though.

I have:

4 Wii Remotes
2 Nunchucks (gonna get 2 more when I get down to thw US since they're 5 bucks cheaper)
0 classic controllers (again, 5 bucks cheaper in the US, gonna get 2 down there)
2 Wavebirds (so rare to find now, so glad I picked a second one up a few months ago)
4 GC controlers (2 are more or less busted)

I don't care if I'm playing Brawl with 4 players, I'm always gonna hog my Wavebird :D

I'm so glad that this game comes out during the holiday season so that gives me & my cousins some time to sink into this game as well as my friends who live close by.

I currently have:

4 wiimotes
4 nunchucks
4 GC controllers
2 classic controllers

I'm planning on getting 2 more classics just because it'll be fun to play with every single option available for this game.

Rindain said:
Will this thread be converted into the Official Thread once Brawl comes out?

Nope - sporsk has said several times that this is purely for the Dojo updates and it will definitely not become the SSBB Official Thread come the end of November.

On the subject of the official thread, I've been working on one to go up come the time but I'm not sure if there's anyone else looking to do it (ant?) It would seem to make sense to do what other groups have done and decide ahead of time who should start & maintain the thread, as well as perhaps trying to hammer out what kind of content should be in there.

If anyone's interested, I'll fire up what I've got so far in draft as a starting point.

And as for controllers:

2 GameCube pads
2 Wiimotes
2 Nunchuks
1 Classic controller
2 Bongos
1 Mario DDR mat

:D

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Firestorm said:
No I don't think so.

Smash and Pokemon are both games I don't care too much about spoilers for. So I'll be staying in this thread and being fairly active as I play the game. It was a blast to follow along with GAF while playing through Pokemon so I expect the same for Smash.

I never really do it for any other games due to my anal ideas of what a spoiler is :lol

All Im gonna say is that when a new challenger appears, and its Crono, I'm gonna be a whole lot more happy about it than you will.

what's this about posting what controllers we have? >_>
I have:
1 Wii Classic Controller
1 Wii Remote/Nunchuck attachment
3 wired Gamecube controllers (and I think one of them is a Nyko Airflo)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I got's me 2 wiimotes + 2 nunchucks
4 gamecube controllers
1 hori gamecube arcade stick
1 hori snes pad!

i do beleive, to the person that asked this is probably to do with what control method most people will be likely to use.

will people use various methods?

having four gamecube controllers ill just use that, but what about those with one gamecube controller and say 4 wiimotes+nunchucks, will you use the gamecube controller while ur friends are stuck with wiimotes? chaos.

Zeed

Banned
Guess who's back?

usea said:
You're complaining that PR screenshots are using one controller over the other when they're BOTH options but only one can be in the picture at a time. YOU'RE FUCKING RETARDED. QUIT BEING STUPID. SHUT THE FUCK UP. that is all.
reputation_pos.gif
usea
Banned
(Yesterday, 09:48 PM)
Reply | Quote

Good riddance.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Oh, and to answer the question earlier today:

No, those things on Ooccoo's front are not blue nipples, simply different coloured tips to the frill around her neck. She has another 2-3 on her back as well.

Zeed

Banned
Cyan said:
Alas, you're too late to save Lyn. :(
9/11/07 NEVER FORGET

Had you been in IRC the day of the announcement you might have seen a more entertaining response, but I've since come to terms with Lyn being an Assist Trophy.

Now it's all about Marth returning.

Haunted

Zeed said:
9/11/07 NEVER FORGET

Had you been in IRC the day of the announcement, you would have seen me freak out, but I've since come to terms with Lyn being an Assist Trophy.
Be grateful she's in the game at all. :)

Zeed

Banned
Haunted One said:
Be grateful she's in the game at all. :)
I wonder if there'll be a way to modify which Assist Trophies show up and which don't. Then I could set items to high with Lyn-only and have a Lyn-only fight.

Damn that'd be pretty awesome.

Haunted

Zeed said:
I wonder if there'll be a way to modify which Assist Trophies show up and which don't. Then I could set items to high with Lyn-only and have a Lyn-only fight.

:lol 'It'll be just like the real thing!' *sobs*

I fear what you're going to do with the trophy dioramas.

EktorPR

Zeed said:
9/11/07 NEVER FORGET

Had you been in IRC the day of the announcement you might have seen a more entertaining response, but I've since come to terms with Lyn being an Assist Trophy.

Now it's all about Marth returning.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her that morning at the Dojo website...guess it was too good to be true. Still, we have more FE *female* presence in the game and that's what counts. :D

papercut

Zeed said:

Was this chick a main character in one of the GBA games or something?

EktorPR

papercut said:
Was this chick a main character in one of the GBA games or something?

Oh please no...not this again.

We're back to the starting point, fellas'. :/

EDIT: Thx Haunted for helping the cause.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Zeed you have made more posts in this topic than practically everybody else combined. Give us a chance to catch up!

Also, welcome back! So what do you think of the new update?

Zeed

Banned
EktorPR said:
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her that morning at the Dojo website...
To be perfectly frank when I woke up that morning and lumbered over to my computer to check the update and saw Lyn as an assist trophy I thought I was still asleep and having some sort of nightmare.

ShockingAlberto said:
Also, oh no, Zeed's back. Now I'll never catch up. :(
Just post harder!

Haunted One said:
Yes. Well, no. She was a tutorial lord. Calling her the main character is pushing it.
Oh Haunted, you rascal.

SovanJedi said:
Zeed you have made more posts in this topic than practically everybody else combined. Give us a chance to catch up!

Also, welcome back! So what do you think of the new update?
Thank you, thank you - trophies were a nice bonus. I personally thought that assist trophies would be replacing normal ones, but I don't mind being proven wrong on that.

Haunted

I'm still predicting a final smash for tomorrow, although I won't be around at update time.

The Mario Kart stage has been cancelled. Taken out of the game by Sakurai, since I kept predicting it. :(

EktorPR said:
Quickly extinguish the fire before it spreads is my motto. :D

Zeed said:
To be perfectly frank when I woke up that morning and lumbered over to my computer to check the update and saw Lyn as an assist trophy I thought I was still asleep and having some sort of nightmare.
:lol

Rindain

Banned
Prediction:

Assist Trophy: Baby Metroid (drains opponent's life and gives it to you)

Any Metroid update would be great. Brawl has a large dearth of Metroid goodness so far.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Haunted One said:
I'm still predicting a final smash for tomorrow, although I won't be around at update time.

The Mario Kart stage has been cancelled. Taken out of the game by Sakurai, since I kept predicting it. :(

You do know, now that you've said it, that tomorrow is now almost guaranteed to be the Mario Kart stage right?

papercut

EktorPR said:
Oh please no...not this again.

We're back to the starting point, fellas'. :/

Haha you guys are crazy. If there was one fighter spot for "obscure character that somehow gets a lot of internet love," ya'll and the Geno crowd might have to duke it out :p

Anyway, if they're going to throw in another FE character it's probably going to be someone from Goddess of Dawn. Speaking of which, is that still coming out this year in NA?

Firestorm said:
I wouldn't have had a wavebird if I hadn't seen it for $25 at Rogers Video one day.

I worked at a video game store this summer and a woman came in to trade in her wavebird. We were going to give her eight bucks in store credit, so I gave her ten in cash. :D

Haunted

I would buy a Wavebird if I'd find a good deal. Dealing with the GC controller cables is getting annoying after playing with wireless controllers for so long.

I'm going to keep going Tanooki Suit Item just because the nostalgia factor of this game would be far off par without it. How have we gone two games without it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom