• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Haunted One said:
I would buy a Wavebird if I'd find a good deal. Dealing with the GC controller cables is getting annoying after playing with wireless controllers for so long.

I had my GCN at a friend's house for about a year since we played there more often. 4 GCN controllers, 4 PS2 controllers, and 4 Dreamcast controllers all in the same little bucket. That was a nightmare.

Edit: Dreamcast, not GCN again. Stupid brain.

Haunted

EktorPR said:
That's my prediction.
Going after the things confirmed in the first trailer, eh? Not a bad strategy.

I'm still predicting Peach's final smash.

Firestorm said:
I had my GCN at a friend's house for about a year since we played there more often. 4 GCN controllers, 4 PS2 controllers, and 4 GCN controllers all in the same little bucket. That was a nightmare.
God, that would drive me insane. I'm not a neat freak or anything, but tangled controller cables annoy the shit out of me.

so, what was the consensus on Ridley being confirmed as a boss??

as I was listening to the old music updates, I noticed something odd, the name of the SSBB version of ridley's song is called Metroid:Boss Battle Music(Ridley Fight), this was before we knew about boss battles right?

if this song wasn't for a boss battle in the adventure mode it would be called something like Metroid:Ridley Fight (Boss Battle).

The real question now is if some boss characters can also be playable, I wonder if Sakurai will ever tell us that in a update or wait for the game to be released

oh, and has anyone requested Phanto as an assist trophy? Then I'll be the first
OHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT.png

ASSIST TROPHY: PHANTO, PLZ SAKURAI

mclem

AMUSIX said:
Odd, as at the bottom of the screen we see that Super Smash Bros. is the only series from which the player has collected any trophies.

I read that as "Page 1/1 of the Super Smash Bros. series section", myself, but could go either way.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
..pakbeka.. said:
so, what was the consensus on Ridley being confirmed as a boss??

as I was listening to the old music updates, I noticed something odd, the name of the SSBB version of ridley's song is called Metroid:Boss Battle Music(Ridley Fight), this was before we knew about boss battles right?

if this song wasn't for a boss battle in the adventure mode it would be called something like Metroid:Ridley Fight (Boss Battle).

The real question now is if some boss characters can also be playable, I wonder if Sakurai will ever tell us that in a update or wait for the game to be released

oh, and has anyone requested Phanto as an assist trophy? Then I'll be the first
OHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT.png

ASSIST TROPHY: PHANTO, PLZ SAKURAI

I'm fairly confident Ridley is a boss character now, not a playable character. I think they would have to alter him immensely to make him a fair playable character, and that would be a rather swift kick to the balls of Ridley fans the world over. Maybe.

Zeed

Banned
WastingPenguins said:
Zeed is back.

Halo 3 thread stands no chance confirmed.
They ain't gonna pass us in views. Maybe posts, temporarily, but the Dojo thread will overcome it in the end. This thread has legs.

Just wait for the inevitable Sonic announcement.

Scribble

Zeed said:
They ain't gonna pass us in views. Maybe posts, temporarily, but the Dojo thread will overcome it in the end. This thread has legs.

Welcome back!

Tomorrow WILL be an item, btw. We've had too many decent updates. =X

Zeed

Banned
Firestorm said:
Look at the top poster for Halo 3. Holy shit.
How many posts does he have?

And how do you get that list of number of posts by each member in a given thread anyway? Never figured that out.

Zeed said:

Just wait for the inevitable Sonic announcement.

you have been away for a while, so you might not know, but Lynn is a playable character in Halo 3.

Hi, Zeed! Welcome back!

I own

2 'chucks
2 wiimotes
1 classic
and a lot of Gamecube Controllers

Although I have no idea how many work, probably like none. :p
Not was much cool stuff as you guys, but it works, so I'm happy. Either way, when my friends come over, they usally bring their own wiimote.

Zeed

Banned
Firestorm said:
Go to the topic list and click the reply number.
Holy fucking shit.

Buttonbasher - 929
Zeed - 732
DoctorWho - 711
So there's one guy with 20 less than me, and another with about 200 more. Halo fans are insane confirmed.

Anyway I'm trying to pick up a few extra Wavebirds cheap for Brawl. Once you go wireless it's really hard to go back.

Wave-birds are nice. Although the port is kinda chucky. It makes it hard sometimes to plug it in, especally is it a Wii and on a shelf. It is better than not a Wave-bird though, so I should stop whining :lol It's a great improvement to the GC. I agree with Zeed! I really hate my cord ones now..

Victrix

*beard*
I'd seriously post more in this thread if it wasn't so damn incoherent

Plus, I've already called SB awesome, what more can I do?

Haunted

Ridley really is the perfect fit for a boss character. It's hard to envision him as a playable, but he's so iconic that he has to have a prominent role in this game.

And yeah, some of those Halo fans are pretty scary. That said, you're not much better yourself, Zeed. :p Gone for two weeks and still ahead.

Scribble said:
Tomorrow WILL be an item, btw. We've had too many decent updates. =X
Maybe it's an awesome item. Like... Tingle's balloon: allows you to float through the air, just like a certain 35-year old fairy.

Grecco

Haunted One said:
I would buy a Wavebird if I'd find a good deal. Dealing with the GC controller cables is getting annoying after playing with wireless controllers for so long.

Check a Kmart if you can i got one there for 9 dollars sealed. Its in my closet waiting to be opened when i buy smash

Zeed

Banned
Grecco said:
Check a Kmart if you can i got one there for 9 dollars sealed. Its in my closet waiting to be opened when i buy smash
At that price you should've gotten four.

Hell you should've gotten a dozen.

Haunted

Grecco said:
Damn, that's a steal. I guess that's the point where I break down sobbing, admitting that I'm in Europe. The thing is ~30€ and upwards, if you can find one. :/

I'll keep checking our European equivalents for better deals, though. :)

Victrix said:
I'd seriously post more in this thread if it wasn't so damn incoherent

Plus, I've already called SB awesome, what more can I do?
What's your favourite feature out of the things unveiled so far? Got a prediction to share with us for tomorrow?

Grecco

Zeed said:
At that price you should've gotten four.

Hell you should've gotten a dozen.

i would have had there been more there. :lol i heard some other kmarts still have the Metroid Prime Wavebird bundle for cheap as well but i havent seen one in the wild ever.

AniHawk

Zeed said:
Halo fans are insane confirmed.

I dunno. What's worse: 20k posts of an update thread that's lasted for a months for a game that's still over 2 months away or 20k posts made in 2 weeks for the biggest game of the year?

Haunted

AniHawk said:
I dunno. What's worse: 20k posts of an update thread that's lasted for a months for a game that's still over 2 months away or 20k posts made in 2 weeks for the biggest game of the year?
Stop answering your own questions. 20k in two weeks without system wars. Insane.

Zeed

Banned
AniHawk said:
I know I'm being AniHawk'd right now but I'd definitely say that 20k posts spread out over several months is definitely a lot less insane than 20k posts within 2 weeks.

Victrix

*beard*
Haunted One said:
What's your favourite feature out of the things unveiled so far? Got a prediction to share with us for tomorrow?

No way I could pick a favorite feature. Do we know if the 20 chars shown so far are the final roster, or if there could be more? Same with the stages?

Also, how much is known about the single player? I don't *really* care about it, but I'm kind of curious, since there seems to be so much other random stuff packed into the game.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I'm trying to figure out how you guys went all this time without gathering Wavebirds... I've had FIVE Wavebirds for the past several years, thanks to GameCrazy's standard price of $20 for a used Wavebird.

Oh, Platinum Wavebird...

NeonZ

Also, how much is known about the single player? I don't *really* care about it, but I'm kind of curious, since there seems to be so much other random stuff packed into the game.

The only single player mode revealed up to this point is Adventure Mode: Subspace Emissary. There's a storyline this time, including cutscenes to tie everything together, and there's apparently a much bigger focus on action/side scrolling stages as well as an original antagonist faction.

We've got no updates focused on one of those side scrolling stages specifically- only many shots from completely different areas in separate updates - even one with a locked door. Multiple characters are playable through it, but the method of choosing them (or if the character is determined by the storyline) still isn't known.

DavidDayton said:
I'm trying to figure out how you guys went all this time without gathering Wavebirds... I've had FIVE Wavebirds for the past several years, thanks to GameCrazy's standard price of $20 for a used Wavebird.

Oh, Platinum Wavebird...
no rumble no deal

Haunted

Victrix said:
No way I could pick a favorite feature. Do we know if the 20 chars shown so far are the final roster, or if there could be more? Same with the stages?
There will be more characters, and more stages.

The question is, from which franchises will they come?

ant1532 said:
Sorry but don't expect updates to the OP this week. Halo 3.
:O betrayalton!

Haunted One said:
Ridley really is the perfect fit for a boss character. It's hard to envision him as a playable, but he's so iconic that he has to have a prominent role in this game.
How can anyone not want Ridley as a playable character? Bowser, Mewtwo and Ganondorf need some more "boss" friends! :D

samus_ridley.jpg

Haunted

CreatureX3 said:
How can anyone not want Ridley as a playable character? Bowser, Mewtwo and Ganondorf need some more "boss" friends! :D

samus_ridley.jpg
A playable character-sized Ridley would be cool, sure. But a Petey Piranha Boss-sized Ridley would be so much cooler. :D Ridley just has to be huge and epic, imo.

EktorPR

Haunted One said:
A playable character-sized Ridley would be cool, sure. But a Petey Piranha Boss-sized Ridley would be so much cooler. :D Ridley just has to be huge and epic, imo.

It has to be that way. I guess the Prime trilogy spoiled us. :D

Haunted

CreatureX3 said:
It could still be that way. Just like we have regular Bowser and then we have:

bowser_070704b-l.jpg
You mean Ridley and Giga
maybe Meta
Ridley? hm, I guess it's possible.

I'm not seeing it, but I won't deny the possibility. First of all, let's hope that he's in the game in some form at all (aside from being a trophy/sticker only).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom