• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... guessing a final smash seemed to be a safe bet.

But Diddy's?

diddykong_070925a-l.jpg
diddykong_070925b-l.jpg
diddykong_070925c-l.jpg
diddykong_070925d-l.jpg
diddykong_070925e-l.jpg

Alright. This makes me curious about Donkey Kong's final smash more than anything else. Meh.

Maybe he'll start chucking flaming barrels or something.

Koomaster

Big Icarus said:
Alright. This makes me curious about Donkey Kong's final smash more than anything else. Meh.

Maybe he'll start chucking flaming barrels or something.
I thought we already got his final smash? Didn't it have to do with playing Bongos?

Dreavus

That actually seems like a pretty cool Final Smash... you build up their damage with the peanut shots, and then finish them off with an explosion. Nice.

I'm wondering if we'll get a joke about the delay for Kirby's final smash when Sakurai finally reveals that. That's probably the final smash I want to see revealed most. The boiling pot thing looked hilarious.

Also, Zelda's final smash could be interesting.

Jiggy

AMUSIX said:
Perhaps he has strengths that offset this?
I wouldn't mind so much if his normal attacks could backfire, but the final smash is a different story.

I guess what's bugging me about these final smashes in general is that they seem to vary wildly in how useful they are. Mario's and Link's have no drawback and are still as powerful as anything else. Donkey Kong's is bad in a scrolling environment, but otherwise temporary invincibility is very nice. On the other hand, there's something like Samus' final where you have to change your playing style after using it, or now Diddy's where if the enemy manages to dodge enough they can just regain health.

Maybe it'll all work out in practice and be well balanced. I'm just worried for now.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
p.s. I didn't work yesterday but I just checked last night's update. Thank fucking goodness that trophies are back. Part of me was hoping that stickers didn't replace trophies but the rest of me was pretty damned sure that trophies would come back. Good show.

Jiggy

Big Icarus said:
Also, Zelda's final smash could be interesting.
I want it to be that giant magic beam from Ocarina of Time, but I fear it'll just be light arrows.
Really, really hope I'm wrong on this one and the light arrows are just a new B attack for her...

Jiggy37 said:
I want it to be that giant magic beam from Ocarina of Time, but I fear it'll just be light arrows.
Really, really hope I'm wrong on this one and the light arrows are just a new B attack for her...

I was thinking something more along the lines of summoning the three goddesses and having them destroy her enemies, or flood the stage or something.

Like when she calls up the light spirits at the end of TP

Jiggy

Big Icarus said:
I was thinking something more along the lines of summoning the three goddesses and having them destroy her enemies, or flood the stage or something.

Like when she calls up the light spirits at the end of TP
Hmm... I like the first one, but it's kind of similar to Pit's.
And wow, I... didn't remember the end of TP in the slightest, and still don't. >_> Guess I need to beat it again.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
I was just looking through the site, and they still haven't revealed a Final Smash OR Special Moves for Kirby, Meta Knight, Peach, Zelda and Ice Climbers. Wow, they really do have alot up their sleeve.

Should be exciting to see what they will turn out to be.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Jiggy37 said:
The thought that opponents can benefit from Diddy's final smash is pretty lame. :/

I imagine peanuts are only a tiny health boost, like 1% per peanut. That should be handily offset by a rocketpack-boosting, guns-totin' psychotic explosive monkey that reigns terror down upon your foes!

...having said that, Bowser's Final Smash is my favourite so far.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I like diddy's final smash. He looks like he'll be a fun character to use.

SovanJedi said:
..having said that, Bowser's Final Smash is my favourite so far.
Same here. I want sakurai to do something similar with ganondorf. He should make it so that ganon transforms into ganon when he uses his final smash.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Hmm, seems like this final smash is going to be more annoying than powerful. I guess that all depends on how long the jet barrels last and how strong the peanut gun is.

I wonder how precise the movement and aiming is going to be. Depending on the stage, Diddy's final smash is probably death to anyone who happens to be off the stage and trying to recover. Should be fun.

NeonZ

If these Final Smashes are balanced correctly, their variety will be great. Many seem to have completely different functionality, and not only big blasts like Mario's or automatic combos like Link's.

Jiggy37
(Today, 04:03 AM)
Reply | Quote

Who is the character in your avatar?

JCX

I still think diddy and dixie combo would be better than just diddy alone. His FS actually made me less interested to play as him.

Scribble

The team really missed the mark when it comes to his Final Smash. I bet the DKUniverse people are really wound up :lol

EDIT: Oh, so it IS from Donkey Kong 64.

Maybe his taunt will be the guitar or his hip hop getup from DKC2. Hopefully =X

JCX9 said:
I still think diddy and dixie combo would be better than just diddy alone. His FS actually made me less interested to play as him.

I agree, I think the whole angle with the unrelated to any game peanut guns and rocket barrels turn me off from the character. But I'll still give him an equal shot with the rest when the game comes out..you never know.

MasterAJ22 said:
I agree, I think the whole angle with the unrelated to any game peanut guns and rocket barrels turn me off from the character. But I'll still give him an equal shot with the rest when the game comes out..you never know.

Never played Donkey Kong 64, did ya?

Scribble

MasterAJ22 said:

It isn't unrelated - it's lifted directly from DK64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom