• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Hey you guys if your sooooo pissed about the delay just import! I mean that's what you told me to do when I bitched about Smash not making 08 here.

mugwhump

Looks like Samus' roll is no longer a morphball! That's a fairly big upgrade for her!

And what was that thing in the sonic trailer where mario seems to launch downwards off a platform above him in skyworld?

jts

...hate me...
I think i got to that point where i don't feel the need for more characters or more anything (okay maybe Luigi but that's a easy one). Atleast anything megatonish that requires hardwork. What i really want now is Sakurai to polish this sucker to chrome-finish. Gameplay, netcode, adventure mode, everything!

Maybe the delay made me think like this, i dunno. But it probably wouldn't be delayed if it wasn't for so much shit being packed in.

SO STOP BITCHING FOR MOAR BITCHES. APPARENTLY SAKURAI WANTS TO PLEASE YOU ALL AND WON'T BE ABLE TO LAUNCH THE GAME UNTIL THE REQUESTS STOP.

mio said:
I think i got to that point where i don't feel the need for more characters or more anything (okay maybe Luigi but that's a easy one). Atleast anything megatonish that requires hardwork. What i really want now is Sakurai to polish this sucker to chrome-finish. Gameplay, netcode, adventure mode, everything!

Maybe the delay made me think like this, i dunno. But it probably wouldn't be delayed if it wasn't for so much shit being packed in.

SO STOP BITCHING FOR MOAR BITCHES. APPARENTLY SAKURAI WANTS TO PLEASE YOU ALL AND WON'T BE ABLE TO LAUNCH THE GAME UNTIL THE REQUESTS STOP.

The game is done at this point, they're not going to add characters just because they feel like it. The release date is up to the marketing department right now.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
mio said:

I would mind if the game out next summer if I get all my guys.

Slavik81

Enk said:
sonic.jpg
Am I the only one that thinks the 'Mature' Sonic with the pot-belly and red clogs looks terrible? I don't think the art closely based off the game's pixel art works very well.

KingJ2002

Ten-Song said:
True, I remember always using him as part of my trio of fighters I used in MVC2

they could just take his move set from mvc2

as a final smash... rush and beat could come down and light the place up.

McLovin

mugwhump said:
Looks like Samus' roll is no longer a morphball! That's a fairly big upgrade for her!

And what was that thing in the sonic trailer where mario seems to launch downwards off a platform above him in skyworld?

Can't... look away.... from... your.. avatar O.O

jts

...hate me...
BishopLamont said:
The game is done at this point, they're not going to add characters just because they feel like it. The release date is up to the marketing department right now.
Masahiro Sakurai a.k.a. GOD said:
There’s still a little more development to be done... I’m hoping to complete it without incident.
Hey, you don't get to call Sakurai a liar and leave this thread alive!

KILL HIM!

wow, I wasnt THAT excited about the idea of Sonic being in the game, but after watching the Sonic video on the Smash site, I am 99.9% sure I will make him my main character.

AND THEY HAVE LIVE AND LEARN AS THE THEME! F'ING LIVE AND LEARN!!!!! NOT THAT CRAP FROM WILDFIRE!

Ten-Song

KingJ2002 said:
they could just take his move set from mvc2

as a final smash... rush and beat could come down and light the place up.

Hell yeah, and at the very least, there's a couple of new assist trophies you could have in the game.

Mar

So after all this time saying I'd buy the game if Sonic was included. I'm certainly not going to go against that promise. Smash sales +1.

Calcaneus

Nothing is ever gonna stop this thread, EVER!

I think the whole of NeoGAF can put aside their differences and come together in appreciation of what should be the best game ever. NO, BEST THING EVER!

marc^o^ said:
Konami: Snake. Sega: Sonic.

Nintendo wouldn't leave Capcom and Namco out of the party.

Megaman and Pacman look like safe bets.

Megaman is pretty safe bet

as for Pacman, urgh, maybe an assist trophy or something but playable, i cant see it happening.

AniHawk

marc^o^ said:
Konami: Snake. Sega: Sonic.

Nintendo wouldn't leave Capcom and Namco out of the party.

Megaman and Pacman look like safe bets.

Nintendo might leave Namco out of the party. There wasn't much love there until Yamauchi left.

Ten-Song

Linkzg said:
hell no.

Live and Learn is awesome, if you played SA2, you know what im talking about, if you didnt, watch this spoilerific video of the last boss battle: http://youtube.com/watch?v=0WzTo9PW40w

Oh I know full well, I just prefer SA1 because it didn't have Shadow and all the stupid robot shooting levels. Live and Learn is fine... shit, if anything I'm thankful they didn't pick the theme from Sonic Heroes.

shaft said:
btw. Music from sonic rush would be awesome! back2back

Man, I loved that game's soundtrack. Hideki Naganuma is a god..

Jeh Jeh Rocket!

m00

Linkzg said:
wow, I wasnt THAT excited about the idea of Sonic being in the game, but after watching the Sonic video on the Smash site, I am 99.9% sure I will make him my main character.

AND THEY HAVE LIVE AND LEARN AS THE THEME! F'ING LIVE AND LEARN!!!!! NOT THAT CRAP FROM WILDFIRE!
*ahem* High And Broken is awesome on toast.

If there is a sonic level in the game it better have music from the original sonic the hedgehog.
That game to me quite possibly has the greatest soundtrack of all time, and if one of them find their way into SSBB...:D .

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Sonic was an obvious shoe-in considering that Naka and Miyamoto were in talks to have him included in DX a few years back. It was all but confirmed with the announcement of the Olympics game. It's still really good to hear an official announcement though even if it done in order to quell the angry cries of fans because of it's delay.

Snake, Sonic, and possibly even Mega Man will be huge hits for the franchise so I wonder in which direction will the next sequel take? A sizable increase in third party characters seems to be the likely conclusion.

I still can't believe this. Amazing.

That new lava level REALLY looks like Lower Norfair to me, right down to the architecture, purplish walls and flowing lava.

Lower Norfair = Ridley. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom