• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
*tired yawn*

*groggily looks at GAF*

*notices a mod thinks it'd be hilarious to make me think Sonic is in*

*checks Smash page*

*shits pants*

*faps*

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
oh FFS.

i said 15 pages ago todays the day i dont get home til 4 hours after and it would be big.

now i have 20 pages to sift through. THANKS ALOT.

nice to hear orchestrated music again and thank god they're using Live and Learn as Sonic's theme instead of His world or whatever the hell was the theme for the latest games

The music in the conference trailer is damn awesome. Surprisingly for me, I think the music is by far the best part of the game so far, not to downplay the rest of the game which is looking fantastic, but I'm just in love with all of the work they've put out so far.

NeonZ

Linkzg said:
well then, yeah, online coop could end up being a regular arcade mode or essentially you and a friend fighting bots.

That would just be a team battle... I don't see why it'd need an announcement.

NeonZ said:
That would just be a team battle... I don't see why it'd need an announcement.

well Team Battle would be, humans fighting humans.

arcade mode in Smash was basically stages where you would fight enemies on regular stages, it is still awesome. Plus you would be able to kill off 30 Yoshi with a friend, that is fun.

I'm wondering if the reason they're pushing back the date is to add online co-op.

"Alright, so we've got online!?"

"Check!"

"Co-Op Adventure Mode?!"

"Check!"

"-Oh.. you know we probably should've..."

"...Shit..."

jts

...hate me...
RubxQub said:
*tired yawn*

*groggily looks at GAF*

*notices a mod thinks it'd be hilarious to make me think Sonic is in*

*checks Smash page*
That's why every time I wake up after japan time I always open the Dojo on a background tab (while fully loading) and check it BEFORE entering Gaming Discussion ;)

SuperAngelo64 said:
I'm wondering if the reason they're pushing back the date is to add online co-op.

"Check!"

"Co-Op Adventure Mode?!"

"Check!"

"...Shit..."

Sounds like a scene from Karate Kid. :lol

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
mio said:
That's why every time I wake up after japan time I always open the Dojo on a background tab (while fully loading) and check it BEFORE entering Gaming Discussion ;)

I've learned to never check NeoGAF before the Dmash Bros. Dojo site, else it ruins the surprise.

So who said that daily updates were a bad idea now? :lol

SuperAngelo64 said:

"Check!"

"Co-Op Adventure Mode?!"

"Check!"

"...Shit..."

They probably want to add in Voice Chat as well to shut up all those greedy moaners..

NeonZ

Linkzg said:
well Team Battle would be, humans fighting humans.

arcade mode in Smash was basically stages where you would fight enemies on regular stages, it is still awesome. Plus you would be able to kill off 30 Yoshi with a friend, that is fun.

Oh, you mean "Classic" mode... I thought you were talking about standard melee matches, only fighting a team of bots.

Anyway, Classic mode hasn't been shown in any form, and a local co-op for it obviously hasn't been mentioned yet - so, it'd be really weird if the online announcement was talking about that, rather than the recently confirmed co-op in adventure mode.

yea its greedy to ask for basic functionality that most good fighters have these days.

This game is stuffed to the gills, if they don't have voice chat, I doubt it'll be missed.

So...

Game of the Forever? I'll be damned if the gaming media ignores this game. They better hype the shit out of it.

NeonZ said:
Oh, you mean "Classic" mode... I thought you were talking about standard melee matches, only fighting a team of bots.

Anyway, Classic mode hasn't been shown in any form, and a local co-op for it obviously hasn't been mentioned yet - so, it'd be really weird if the online announcement was talking about that, rather than the recently confirmed co-op in adventure mode.

yeah, Classic mode.

im used to saying Adventure mode and Arcade mode, not Subspace whatever and the other one.

BasicUAE

doesn't sonic feel in the trailer ummm.... a little... i don't know slick or jelly-like
especially in the scene when he's fighting DK ... also i think they changed his color a bit....no?
see what happens when sonic is in the hands of nintendo :D .

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
11 extra pages and its not even 7:00am local time. Holy shit. And damn, I really thought the inclusion of sonic was just the wet dream of fanboys. Im impressed. Good God.

EDIT: Holy shit those videos were orgasmic.

NeonZ

BTW, looking at the short clip of the Petey battle, it's clear now that he won't be playable. He isn't even standing on the arena.

Still, I think he'll make it in as an Assist Trophy too.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
There are some more pictures from the Nintendo conference, I posted a link in the other thread, this is the only one with Sonic in it:
071010_smabro05.jpg

16:9 :)

1) NEED Special edition tin. NEED.

2) All games from now on need daily updates. If they can't find enough material to fill the updates and create GAF threads hundreds of pages long, they might as well cancel the game immediately.

3) Cover must prominently display Mario, Sonic and Snake.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
dannie said:
*another pic from Nintendo's conference*
I said they are in the other thread, this is about the website updates. You want to make sp0rks close this thread?

Did anyone notice during the gameplay video that Peach is singing happily with little music notes floating around her while Bowser dances next to her?

Super Princess Peach moves confirmed?

JCX

El Pescado said:
Did anyone notice during the gameplay video that Peach is singing happily with little music notes floating around her while Bowser dances next to her?

Super Princess Peach moves confirmed?

maybe that replaces toad

Somnid

Heh, I called new megaton 3rd part character for last night even before the conference took off.

Anyway, Sonic looks really cool, I really like the way his spinning moves look. And hell yeah Live and Learn! Best ass rock ever!

Ril

Painfully translated (via babelfish) Japanese post that accompanied the new trailer:

Sakurai said:
Sale day of this work makes 2008 January 24th. Because it is the game whose enormous and combination are enormous, it came to the point of a little receiving time in order to make coping of trouble and the like more thorough. Make wait in the one which has been done, furthermore make wait it comes to the point of doing, there is no excuse! As for this movie, Nintendo Conference 2007 which has the announcement of that sale day it is something which fall is released.

Original Japanese for J-GAF to translate:

Sakurai-San said:
本作の発売日は、2008年1月24日とさせていただきます。

巨大かつ組み合わせが膨大なゲームなので、不具合などの対処をより万全にするために少しお時間をいただくことになりました。

お待たせしているかたには、さらにお待たせしてしまうことになり、申し訳ありません!

このムービーは、その発売日の発表があった Nintendo Conference 2007秋で公開したものです。

G-Off

Awesome.

Although with all the hype and want coming out of this thread for Sonic I'm still having trouble completely accepting it. Still seems like I'm looking at a photoshop.

Fireblend

Banned
Holy shit, I never thought we were gonna have this update. Best game ever confirmed :lol Now where's Klonoa, Sakurai?

G-Off said:
Awesome.

Although with all the hype and want coming out of this thread for Sonic I'm still having trouble completely accepting it. Still seems like I'm looking at a photoshop.

QFT:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom