• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
seat said:
After watching the new video on the Brawl site, I'm so glad Nintendo has made Sonic cool again, and what a strange thought that is. I find myself wishing Sega would sell the Sonic property to Nintendo, not that it would ever happen.

As a true Sonic fan, I whole-heartedly agree. I actually think the series needs to be restarted keeping maybe five characters at most, two of which should be Sonic and Eggman.

crowphoenix said:
As a true Sonic fan, I whole-heartedly agree. I actually think the series needs to be restarted keeping maybe five characters at most, two of which should be Sonic and Eggman.

Dr. Robotnik dammit

So with Sonic now confirmed, will people start talking about SSBB as a legitimate GOTY candidate? It just doesn't seem to be mentioned as a real possibility. In my estimation, it should rank right in there.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Superblatt said:
So with Sonic now confirmed, will people start talking about SSBB as a legitimate GOTY candidate? It just doesn't seem to be mentioned as a real possibility. In my estimation, it should rank right in there.

It's unfair on other games if SSBB is mentioned for GOTY. Where's the fun in that?

Jme

I'm fucking speechless. I just woke up - checked the smash page, did a double-take. Watched the movie... I.. I don't konw what to say. Amazing. I'm not happy about the wait... but I guess it's a fair trade off. :D

Kreed

These "megaton" updates keep getting better and better. Even though there's still a chance we'll get the game December 3rd, the game will probably get delayed in the US too. But with all the new additions like Sonic and Online Co-op (confirmed?), the delay will be worth it. Now we just need Mega Man.

Memles

While Sonic is great news, I'd say that a delay is inevitable: US site switched to TBD for release date, and it seems inevitable...and unfortunate.

That being said, it will still sell huge in January.

Haunted

WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT THE FUCK? I MISS ONE FUCKING UPDATE IN MY WHOLE LIFE AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS?

crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif

crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif

dfyb said:
20v19oj.jpg

this is what i would take back 15 years and show my younger self.

this is the stuff of legends
QFTMFT

Okay, serious question-- did the date on the sidebar really get changed to TBD? Before today, did that used to say December 3 down there on the left-hand side? I realize that the release date was announced through a regular update, but if the sidebar has said Dec. 3 all this time and just changed to TBD, I'm thinking that's delayton confirmed.

Nintendo is like the abusive husband who usually treats me well, and makes love to me gently, but then on weekends he gets drunk and backhands me and calls me a dirty, stinking whore. And all I ever wanted was to love him. :(

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So Mega Man isn't really too far fetched anymore huh? I would almost be disappointed if he doesn't make it in ;(

Go Nintendo! Bring us Mega Man (but not Battle Network plz)!

WastingPenguins said:
Nintendo is like the abusive husband who usually treats me well, and makes love to me gently, but then on weekends he gets drunk and backhands me and calls me a dirty, stinking whore. And all I ever wanted was to love him. :(

:lol :lol

Is it possible to have too much content in a game? I really can't believe how much they're packing in.

And man, if they get Ryu or another SF2 character in there... MIND BLOWN.

ThirstyFly said:
Is it possible to have too much content in a game? I really can't believe how much they're packing in.

And man, if they get Ryu or another SF2 character in there... MIND BLOWN.

I don't know if SSBB can have too much content, but MK Armageddon had too many chars. Half were palette swaps...*prays for few palette swap chars in SSBB*

R0nn

Basically, every big Japanse publisher should put in one of their franchise characters.

Konami -> Solid Snake
SEGA -> Sonic

Capcom -> Mega Man/Street Fighter character/Resident Evil character/Dante
Hudson -> Bomberman/Bonk
Square Enix -> Sora/Final Fantasy character/Dragon Quest character
Namco Bandai -> Soul Calibur character/Klonoa/Tales character/Pac-Man/Tekken character
Tecmo -> Ryu Hayabusa

Did I forget anything?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
God damn you Nintendo why rile this all up for one day, your going to kill my site!

SantaC

Gold Member
HOLY FUCKIGN SHIT, I WOKE UP TO NUCLEAR BOMB TIMES SEXATONBOMB SONIC IN SMASH BROS MAKES IT GOTY, 2007 OR 2008 DOESNT MATTER. NOW I CAN DIE IN PEACE.

the delay doesnt matter as long as this game is perfect. Maybe they're still adding stuff like better internet options?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Sonic news has drowned it out.

Can someone explain the Co-Op thing that was being talked about last night? I went to sleep and at the time people were waiting for a better translation.

Sharp

R0nn said:
Basically, every big Japanse publisher should put in one of their franchise characters.

Konami -> Solid Snake
SEGA -> Sonic

Capcom -> Mega Man/Street Fighter character/Resident Evil character/Dante
Hudson -> Bomberman/Bonk
Square Enix -> Sora/Final Fantasy character/Dragon Quest character
Namco Bandai -> Soul Calibur character/Klonoa/Tales character/Pac-Man/Tekken character
Tecmo -> Ryu Hayabusa

Did I forget anything?
Sony -> Ratchet? or something

R0nn

DrForester said:
Sonic news has drowned it out.

Can someone explain the Co-Op thing that was being talked about last night? I went to sleep and at the time people were waiting for a better translation.

Co-op = online confirmed

Sony -> Ratchet? or something

Yeah, I'm sure Sony would do that.

If they would they could choose between: Jak and/or Daxter/Ratchet and/or Clank/ICO/Wanderer/Nariko/Kratos/Sly Raccoon/LBP creatures

They never will though.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGATON

I told myself I didn't want Sonic.

I lied.

I didn't think Sakurai would actually do it... The crazy bastard did.

I don't know what else to say

SantaC

Gold Member
I still cant fucking believe it! Nintendo has outdone themselves this time. This might actually be the best Nintendo game ever, I am not kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom