• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaC

Gold Member
AniHawk said:
I'm going to be very busy this holiday. Zack and Wiki, GH III, Mario, Trauma Center, and Fire Emblem are the Wii games I'm getting, and it doesn't account for the 360 titles I'm picking up or the DS games. Like what happened with GTA IV, I'm glad that it was delayed. Gives my wallet some time to breathe, and me some quality time with each game (hopefully).

well if the jpn delay is any indication the US delay wont be long. Maybe only a month.

4ndii

Jea Song said:
Ah yes, in the early 90's you either were on the sega side or the nintendo side. Genesis vs. SNES, Mario vs sonic. It would be a fantasy if the two would duke it out in a game, but alas you knew this would never happen. And so time goes on, the playstation joins the race, the n64, and then later sega fans get the dreamcast. As the dreamcast is at its gamming peak, the ps2 enters and destroys it.

And so the rumors of a third party sega go around, many sega fans deny it. But then It happens and sega goes third party. One of the Megathons of its year. So it's official, that the blue blur would make his debut on a nintendo console, with sonic adventure dx. After the smash brothers melee, rumors go around that sonic could enter the next game, where even EGM did a april fools joke about it.

Again time goes on and the next melee is now a brawl. Rumors once again revolved around sonic being in the game, especially when solid snake was announced to make an a apperance. After than anything could happen.

Then mario and sonic at the olympics is announced. Sonic has to be in brawl, yet we are still skeptical. Then it happens. As I refresh the Dojo page every 3 secs as alot of us did, i see the "warning challenger approaching" with a few scroll clicks down, my childhood gaming dream has finally come true. Thank you nintendo and sega from the bottom of my heart..

A brief history of Legendary.

Littleberu said:
Actually, I do, very much.

Beside Super Mario Galaxy, the Wii is heading into another lackluster holiday season, and I don't care for sales. I want games.

They'll probably rely on Super Smash Bros Brawl to take care of the first half of 2008, and the rest will be an empty void, as always.

And because you guys are so used to this, it's normal, it's fine, and now that they sell a lot of consoles, you can spin this the way you want : But, as a gamer, I give a damn about the delay.

Am I wrong?

Agreed. It's not wallet or games I'm concerned about. It's time. This is my most anticipated game. My time to play it is in December. I care if it misses the time period I really have to play it.

4ndii

Maxrpg said:
Why why why do I keep thinking Sonic looks fake?

I still can't bereive it.

4ndii said:
sonictailshoax.jpg

sonic_fake.jpg

Ashodin

Iam Canadian said:
The real question is how Sakurai can possibly follow up last night's announcement.
Mega Man.

Megaton total overload if it happens.

Mega Man Legends alternate costume, Mega Man X alternate costume plz

I think, as inevitable as it may have been, is the biggest, most exciting, megaton to come about it ages.

I mean....Sonic in Smash Bros?! That is something we were talking about for the last 5-6 years!

i dont think itll be delayed in the US.. theres just been so much confirmation of its release date. pretty sure the kirby final smash update with the japanese only cooking mama song stuff was an indication of perhaps some japanese only content.

SantaC

Gold Member
Well this game gotta have a few megatons left since there is still some time for the release. I expect atleast one more fantastic 3rd party character.

TreIII

SantaC said:
Simon Belmont with the vampire killer

Not likely. Snake is the designated Konami-boy this time around (as much as I would have preferred Simon).

So, my gut instinct? It's either going to be Mega Man (Capcom) or some one from the Square Enix stable that could be feasible for such a game like this (Black Mage would be an idea, I would think, plus it would speak more about FF as a whole, rather than just using any one character from the popular games).

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Iam Canadian said:
The real question is how Sakurai can possibly follow up last night's announcement.
how about...
Megaman
Simon Belmont
Chrono

...all in one triple update.

Helzown

AniHawk said:
I'm going to be very busy this holiday. Zack and Wiki, GH III, Mario, Trauma Center, and Fire Emblem are the Wii games I'm getting, and it doesn't account for the 360 titles I'm picking up or the DS games. Like what happened with GTA IV, I'm glad that it was delayed. Gives my wallet some time to breathe, and me some quality time with each game (hopefully).

Exactly. For Wii-exclusive gamers... this is bad news. For the rest of us it's good (rooted in the soil of heartbreak, of course, but still good.)

SantaC

Gold Member
TreIII said:
Not likely. Snake is the designated Konami-boy this time around (as much as I would have preferred Simon).

So, my gut instinct? It's either going to be Mega Man (Capcom) or some one from the Square Enix stable that could be feasible for such a game like this (Black Mage would be an idea, I would think, plus it would speak more about FF as a whole, rather than just using any one character from the popular games).

a FF6 character would be sweet. I want Terra (Tina). More females.

Duderz

Banned
Honestly, this is the high point of the game for me. Having Sonic in this is just...wow. 12 hours later and I still can't believe what I'm seeing. :lol

I'm going to guess online co-op for tonight, and perhaps a new stage. At this point, we've been getting so many double and triple updates, I'm beginning to wonder if they'll just be happening all the time now.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
tapedeck said:
how about...
Megaman
Simon Belmont
Chrono

...all in one triple update.

Crono will never appear in a video game again, sadly to say.

I doubt Konami will get two characters, so I doubt it will be him.

I say if we get one more third party character, it will be Mega Man.

And just to spit in our faces, it will be the Star Force version.

MisterHero

Littleberu said:
Actually, I do, very much.

Beside Super Mario Galaxy, the Wii is heading into another lackluster holiday season, and I don't care for sales. I want games.

They'll probably rely on Super Smash Bros Brawl to take care of the first half of 2008, and the rest will be an empty void, as always.

And because you guys are so used to this, it's normal, it's fine, and now that they sell a lot of consoles, you can spin this the way you want : But, as a gamer, I give a damn about the delay.

Am I wrong?
In my honest opinion Sakurai deserves just a LITTLE more time to complete his dream project. I think a lot of Smash Bros. fans will be grateful for years to come once the game is out, so what's another month?

Gripe about a game where delays are a REAL problem, like Too Human or something.

As Mario and Smash Bros. were the only two games I was anticipating this holiday for Wii, I'm pretty disappointed about a potential delay to January.

In the long run though it won't matter. This will be one of the greatest games ever created.

usea

MisterHero said:
In my honest opinion Sakurai deserves just a LITTLE more time to complete his dream project. I think a lot of Smash Bros. fans will be grateful for years to come once the game is out, so what's another month?

Gripe about a game where delays are a REAL problem, like Too Human or something.
My honest opinion is that the game has been essentially finished for a month or three. They might make tiny changes, but they could go gold any time they want. The delay is entirely for marketing, schedule, and retail purposes.

bluemax

Banned
Maxrpg said:
Mega Man.

Megaton total overload if it happens.

Mega Man Legends alternate costume, Mega Man X alternate costume plz

It is Mega Man's 20th anniversary. What better way to celebrate than to put him in Smash.

And announce MMPU2

usea said:
My honest opinion is that the game has been essentially finished for a month or three. They might make tiny changes, but they could go gold any time they want. The delay is entirely for marketing, schedule, and retail purposes.

I honestly don't think Nintendo would intentionally skip out on the holiday season. If it was ready, it'd be out before the holidays.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
Melee itself, even without snake, sonic, and online would of been great. But nintendo has gone way above what is expected. I cannot believe the amount of content in this game. I expect this game to be the best selling wii game in its life cycle. The replay value is unlimited.

tapedeck

usea said:
I dont know about that. Im sure the game could go gold now if they had to, but I guarantee they will improving and adding on to whatever they have until the last second before they release it. Think about the online mode...this is a HUGE undertaking and the extra time can be used to polish it. Also they can spend the time cleaning up the graphics and balancing the game (improving, tweaking movesets). Lets not forget the sheer scope of this game....Im sure they are not sitting around twiddling thier thumbs.

usea said:

That's exactly what I think, too, but that might be because I'm bitter or angry. After all, we still have Super Mario Galaxy... but, still...

Iam Canadian said:

DEMO

What's this? A demo?

[Screenshot: Demo Press Start Screen]
It's just like the real thing!

It means... it means you can play the game!

[Screenshot: Wii Ware Demo Download Page]
Click-Click!

It looks like it's up right now! WOW!

Haunted One said:
I say the Sonic update pretty much confirms Megaman as well.

Yes, you can quote me on that.
I'll agree with this.

I'm a big support of the list theory, as well. I'd be shocked and appalled if Mega Man does not make it.

*goes to watch the Sonic video again*

JonathanEx said:
DEMO

What's this? A demo?

Click-Click!

I'd play a demo even if it involved nothing but playing 1vs1 Mario mirror matches.
Hell, I'd even play that thing with the sandbag during loading times.

SantaC

Gold Member
Haunted One said:
I say the Sonic update pretty much confirms Megaman as well.

Yes, you can quote me on that.

Well I expect a Capcom character, but there is plenty to choose from. Megaman, Viewtiful Joe, Leon Kennedy, Jill Valentine, etc.

tapedeck

JonathanEx said:
DEMO

What's this? A demo?

Click-Click!

Imagine the hit Nintendo's servers would take. O_O

Helzown

ShockingAlberto said:
I'll agree with this.

I'm a big support of the list theory, as well. I'd be shocked and appalled if Mega Man does not make it.

*goes to watch the Sonic video again*

I don't think anyone has the right to be shocked and appalled at anything in this game anymore.

Even with this I'm still scared about this upturning Halo 3. It's huge (and fun). A lot more than I thought it would be. Will Brawl have a chance? I hope so...

P.S. I got it and it's awesome...I feel so sinfull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom