• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
psycho_snake said:
The problem with using mage, chocobo or a moogle is that it wouold be difficult to make an original moveset for them because they're not so heavily involved in the FF games.

We've had a playable Moogle in the form of Mog in Final Fantasy VI. Surely Sakurai can make a moveset out of that.

Haunted

photo mode. Nice little feature, I guess. Can't wait for Segata to spam everyone with shots of Sonic beating up Nintendo mascots. >_<

ShockingAlberto said:
So, what's the last thing people wanted? A level editor?
alternate costumes.

Borys said:
Off-topic but why did you change your avatar :( It's probably the same character but now I find it harder to enjoy your posts :(
I didn't know someone enjoys my posts. :eek: Why is it harder now? I got bored looking at the same picture all the time, so I've switched it up a bit. The original avatar is still in the image rotation and the others are still Red Harlow in various forms.

Haunted One said:
I didn't know someone enjoys my posts. :eek: Why is it harder now? I got bored looking at the same picture all the time, so I've switched it up a bit. The original avatar is still in the image rotation and the others are still Red Harlow in various forms.

Atleast you don't have people telling you they hate your avatar with a 'passion that burns like a thousand suns'!

Also: I really don't believe Sora belongs to Disney.

Haunted

I doubt a Square-Enix representative will make it in if they'll Megaman confirmed beforehand. That would make him the third 3rd party character.... four 3rd party characters in the game sounds preposterous. I hope they manage. :D

SuperAngelo64 said:
Atleast you don't have people telling you they hate your avatar with a 'passion that burns like a thousand suns'!
Now that's just mean. A couple hundred suns, alright, but a thousand? Undeserved hate. :/

Megaman will not be in this game because..

...because..

Oh, fuck it!!

I WANT TO BELIEVE!!

Also: I'm browsing through the official copyright records website to find out who really has the rights to the character Sora, since I'm actually not positive.

I am about 60% sure that Square can do whatever the hell they want with Sora as long as he doesn't display any Disney stuff (i.e. the Disney Keychain on his keyblade).

Haunted

SuperAngelo64 said:
Megaman will not be in this game because..

...because..

Oh, fuck it!!

I WANT TO BELIEVE!!
That's the spirit! Buying the game three times is a one-time expense, but then you'll have Megaman in the game of the forever. :D

Haunted One said:
That's the spirit! Buying the game three times is a one-time expense, but then you'll have Megaman in the game of the forever. :D

Oh fuck!! That's right!!!!

My bet is halfway complete!!

SHIT!

Also: I hope they unveil Mewtwo soon. I want my Mario&Mewtwo sprite avatar so I can be one of the cool kids. :[

Fireblend

Banned
I'd actually like to see Klonoa more than Megaman. Nintendo did that Mario Kart GP game with Namco last year, didn't they? That's the only character I need now. :lol

Fireblend said:
I'd actually like to see Klonoa more than Megaman. Nintendo did that Mario Kart GP game with Namco last year, didn't they? That's the only character I need now. :lol

I dunno. Klonoa would be too good. He has that ring of his that can grab opponents and toss them out of the match

psycho_snake said:
The problem with using mage, chocobo or a moogle is that it wouold be difficult to make an original moveset for them because they're not so heavily involved in the FF games. If Nintendo did decide to include one of those three, then best thing to do is to make them into assist characters.

the problem with using any of these characters, is that none of them are Geno from Super Mario RPG. Am I the only one hoping for this?

Gryphter said:
the problem with using any of these characters, is that none of them are Geno from Super Mario RPG.

Best logic I've heard all week.

Also:

After watching this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7wcG5gY1mc&mode=user&search=

20 times with headphones at the highest volume. I'm almost 80% positive that the background music is the Fire Emblem main theme with sung choral lyrics.

I'm hoping we get it in a music update Monday, I love epic choral music and that cantata-sound, I was hoping there'd be more of that sound in the game other than the main theme.

Edit: After watching it 5 more times I am 95% sure.

This mode is actually really cool, one of my favorite things to do in brawl was pause the game and zoom in to see what was happening. So many ridiculous things happen in the game and the fact that I can now screen shot them instead of using a digital camera is huge.

I wonder if that last thing in the screens has to do with editing the pictures or something.

lolz @ Yoshi/Mario and Kirby

Cioran

You know what Square character could be fun in SSBB?

Cid!

They should make a mix of the different Cid characters and have him summon the airship as a final smash :D

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
What, you guys want this flyin magic-usin guy in Smash?
ffcc-tcb-trailer-nwf.jpg

Somnid said:
Is this the first game we know about to directly access the SD card?

It's the first one, I think, to allow you to write anything to the SD card. Excite Truck lets you use MP3's from it.

This snapshot update makes me very happy! I have a bunch of shots on my PC that are pictures of my TV taken with my digital camera. It always felt so silly to have to do that in a game that has a snapshot mode. Now that it's properly integrated, well...yay!

Examples:

SSBM_Gallery_01_small.jpg

SSBM_Gallery_05_small.jpg

Haunted

ShockingAlberto said:
Some IGN impressions that offhandedly mentioned Dark Link being Link's alt. costume.

There was also one of Metaknight with dark red glowing eyes.
Didn't they include palette swaps in Melee to make it easier to discern players of the same team (when playing team Melee)? If they kept that, it would be difficult for the various alternate costumes to all be in proper team colours. (green/red/blue/forgot the fourth one in Melee). hm.

Leondexter said:
I'd guess the last one is edit mode, system wallpaper, or send to a photo album website of some sort.
Yeah, I'm calling edit mode.

Sharp

Considering what he said about how the feature might not be implemented, it suggests an element of complexity that most haven't mentioned yet. I actually think it might be some sort of "video" mode that allows you to record your Smash battles. Now, hear me out, it wouldn't actually be a video recording--that would be incredibly wasteful and slow down the battle--but it would record player inputs and random events like item drops, like rerecording in PC games and in emulators. This would be both supremely awesome and take an incredible amount of testing to implement, so I think it fits the bill!

While I don't seriously expect the above to happen, it would be an amazing surprise and would add a whole new dimension to Smash play. Pro players would be pretty happy, I'm guessing.

Edit: And when I say "most haven't mentioned yet" I mean "I didn't read far back enough."

MisterHero

Sharp said:
Considering what he said about how the feature might not be implemented, it suggests an element of complexity that most haven't mentioned yet. I actually think it might be some sort of "video" mode that allows you to record your Smash battles. Now, hear me out, it wouldn't actually be a video recording--that would be incredibly wasteful and slow down the battle--but it would record player inputs and random events like item drops, like rerecording in PC games and in emulators. This would be both supremely awesome and take an incredible amount of testing to implement, so I think it fits the bill!

While I don't seriously expect the above to happen, it would be an amazing surprise and would add a whole new dimension to Smash play. Pro players would be pretty happy, I'm guessing.

Edit: And when I say "most haven't mentioned yet" I mean "I didn't read far back enough."
That's a great idea. They used it in Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3. :)

Sharp said:
it would record player inputs and random events like item drops, like rerecording in PC games and in emulators.

Do you mean the same kind of thing that VF4 Evo has in its Training Mode ?

Insaniac said:
why does sakurai say "remember to tap the control stick to smash"?

seems kinda weird

Most people take a while to get it when they're new to the game. They try to smash and all they get are tilt attacks.

Sharp

MisterHero said:
That's a great idea. They used it in Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3. :)
Rerecording in SNES games is about a billion times easier than rerecording input as complex as that of the Wii controller. It would have to be a special, Smash-specific implementation, and thus would require plenty of testing, especially for desynchronization as there are going to be a lot of people with the game and a lot of unhappy people if it doesn't work in fringe cases. The problem is going to be particularly acute if it tries to work online, as millisecond timing differences could drastically affect the resultant movie.

Holy Order Sol said:
Possibly? I haven't played it so I don't know. It's really the only viable option for video in Brawl, though; actual movie recording would slow down the game so much it wouldn't even be funny.

Holy Order Sol said:
No, he means like Halo 3's theatre mode. It would be a lot easier to implement than that though, so I don't think it's all that unlikely.

MisterHero

Sharp said:
Rerecording in SNES games is about a billion times easier than rerecording input as complex as that of the Wii controller. It would have to be a special, Smash-specific implementation, and thus would require plenty of testing, especially for desynchronization as there are going to be a lot of people with the game and a lot of unhappy people if it doesn't work in fringe cases. The problem is going to be particularly acute if it tries to work online, as millisecond timing differences could drastically affect the resultant movie.
That's true. Maybe with the years since Mario Kart 64, maybe they won't stop recording if you get hit by a thwomp. :lol

But a replay mode would be great, so you can recover classic moments.

Neomoto

Interesting how you can have (first party) Wii games that let you choose between saving on the flash memory and SD cards.

Nice update. A reply mode would be incredible awesome for a game such as Brawl, I'm not expecting it but it would make this game that much more awesome..

MisterHero

John Harker said:
Do you think that now announcing Sonic deminishes Snake's appearance in Smash?
Heck no. Though Sonic is a huge industry icon with his known rivalry with Mario. Snake does not have that kind of starpower, but he is still in some of the best games ever.

Also, Snake is still a Kyle Reese ripoff. :p

KyleReese_Is_Snake.jpg

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Snake had the advantage of pure shock value on his side. Seriously, I don't think anybody watching that original trailer was thinking that Solid Snake, of all people, would appear in Brawl. He'll be notable if only for that.

Whoa, so like HALO 3 thread is doneskies.

Anywho, Snake's appearance in Brawl on the first trailer ever was the most shocking shocking thing EVER. People have always been speculating about Sonic in Smash Bros. but not so much with Snake which took the world by storm. Sonic is still a fine addition but let's not forget how big of an impact the announcement of Snake caused all over the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom