• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

All currently-unrevealed veterans were unlockables at one point or other in the SSB series. :D But I suppose one might expect Captain Falcon or Ness to be default again.

mCACGj

Has Sakurai said/confirmed that he won't be revealing the secret characters or unlockable characters in these updates? If so, where did he say it?

Firestorm

mCACGj said:
Has Sakurai said/confirmed that he won't be revealing the secret characters or unlockable characters in these updates? If so, where did he say it?

Yes he alluded to it long ago in an update on the Japanese website where he was replying to people's emails. Also something we've inferred from the Melee site where he updated with unlockables only after the game's release.

Jetku

Is the wallpaper with all of the brawl character models (not the pixel one) going to be updated to include sonic?? :( i want it badly.

DrForester said:
No but Midna
Transforming between forms
would be a logical repalcement for Zelda/Shiek

Watch it, I got chewed out for spoiling that, even though I put it in the [.spoiler][./spoiler] tags.

People are uppity about spoilers here

on a gaming message board

on the internet.

Dreavus

As I said a while back, I'm getting the feeling that the four original secret characters might return to being secret characters once again in Brawl, perhaps for some bizarre feeling of nostalgia? Who knows, it's Sakurai making this after all...

It just seems too perfect for those four to still be unrevealed.

But I could be wrong, COME ON C. FALCON TONIGHT!

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I'm going to jump on the Jigglypuff bandwagon, mostly for lack of anything else to really predict.

If Ness were announced, I'd...well, I don't have to spell it out by this point. I'd be extremely happy.

Jiggy

Jigglypuff train grows to two!
I'd also be very happy with a music update, incidentally. I appreciate having MP3s to listen to... ...for the now four months before I'll be playing Brawl.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
Jigglypuff train grows to two!
I'd also be very happy with a music update, incidentally. I appreciate having MP3s to listen to... ...for the now four months before I'll be playing Brawl.

A remix of Pollyanna from Mother (with vocals) would make my day week ETERNITY.

*Goes to listen to Pollyanna again*

Bo130

I love Jigglypuff, but given Pokémon Trainer and such, I'm going to predict that Mewtwo, Pichu and Jigglypuff is out. Pac-Man is in, though :D

Zeed

Banned
Bo130 said:
I love Jigglypuff, but given Pokémon Trainer and such, I'm going to predict that Mewtwo, Pichu and Jigglypuff is out. Pac-Man is in, though :D
Pichu I can see being removed.

By why on Earth would they remove characters with completely unique movesets? Mewtwo and Jiggly will be back. Think about it. One Pokemon character gets removed (Pichu) and one gets added (Pokemon Trainer). Balance!

Jiggy

I definitely think Pichu's out, but having Pokemon Trainer in doesn't somehow mean Jigglypuff and Mewtwo have to go. I doubt the Smash team is saying "whoops, looks like we've got too many Pokemon characters on the roster, better cut some of them out." The only good reason to get rid of them would be if they were taking up too much space on the game disc--but that still wouldn't be a good reason, because it would be infinitely better to get rid of 30 trophies or however many it takes to make up the equivalent of the space used by a character, its animations, its voice clips, etc.

Scalpel Knight said:
Captain Falcon's knee as a standalone character.
Too broken!

Jiggy

The Jigglypuff train is made of Iam Canadian and me, and I mean we're predicting her for tonight. >_>

The bandwagon would probably be huge if I factored in all the people who think she's still in the game. Maybe I should do that sometime...

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
The Jigglypuff train is made of Iam Canadian and me, and I mean we're predicting her for tonight. >_>

The bandwagon would probably be huge if I factored in all the people who think she's still in the game. Maybe I should do that sometime...
More statistics!

Can you count the number of people who think Marth is removed so that we'll know how many will be eating crow when he gets announced?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Zeed said:
Unless I'm much mistaken, the character update this week will be on Friday. And it will be a good one. Oh yes.
By friday we'll probably know if Megaman will be in one way or another at least!

Zeed said:
Unless I'm much mistaken, the character update this week will be on Friday. And it will be a good one. Oh yes.

Such big speculation? Based on statistics...? or because you know something you lil rodent!

ah well . My freaking cards are on Paunch or ganondorf.. another card on a subspace movie.. just to be sure.

Done! No jigglypuff btw , not NOW OR EVER :D

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
SuperAndroid17 said:
Such big speculation? Based on statistics...? or because you know something you lil rodent!

ah well . My freaking cards are on Paunch or ganondorf.. another card on a subspace movie.. just to be sure.

Done!

coughCapcomeventcoughmegamanmaybe?cough

Jiggy

Zeed said:
More statistics!

Can you count the number of people who think Marth is removed so that we'll know how many will be eating crow when he gets announced?
Man, that would take forever.
...Yet somehow it sounds... appealing. :eek: I guess I just have to Ctrl+F Marth on each page. I'll think about this.

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Man, that would take forever.
...Yet somehow it sounds... appealing. :eek: I guess I just have to Ctrl+F Marth on each page. I'll think about this.
There happens to be a "Search This Thread" feature, you know. Right next to "Thread Tools".

Gaborn

Gamer @ Heart said:
Rayman would fit pretty well in smash. I want him after megaman.

actually... judging from the success of raving rabbids... this might actually happen. How is it that this isn't more widely predicted?

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I get all excited and amped up because of MuteMath's performance earlier on Conan O'Brien, and the next time I look at the clock its Smash update time. Ugh. I have to be at the bank when they open in the morning :(

Firestorm

Gaborn said:
actually... judging from the success of raving rabbids... this might actually happen. How is it that this isn't more widely predicted?

Because Sakurai being buddy-buddy enough with Michel Ancel (France) for Rayman seems unlikely.

Zeed

Banned
Gaborn said:
Sakurai looks down upon the West, as he should, for what has the West done but facilitate the rise of EA (The Bane of Gaming)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom