• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Staccat0 said:
Or maybe we could just speak freely about how we feel and not have people trying to "fix" our perception.

Or you could gain some perspective and get rid of your entitlement complex. Sakurai is giving us more than pretty much any other developer and still people complain.

Jiggy

NeonZ said:
From this point, this post is total speculation, but here are some types of Adventure modes that I could see getting in, considering Sakurai's previous games (actually, mainly Kirby Super Star >_>):

-Boss Rush: Fighting through every boss, like in the Kirby games. It's surely the most likely one.

-A Great Cave Offensive type game: A level which isn't linear and has several collectibles.

-A remake of an old game, like Super Mario Bros or Kirby, in the SSB engine? The most unlikely one I guess, but it could be a nice unlockable.
Boss rush: I think it's practically a guarantee. Believe I mentioned it somewhere in the thread...

Great Cave Offensive: Excellent possibility, if we're not using coins to buy trophies anymore.

Remake: I'm not sure I'd say it's unlikely. >_> I mean, Kirby Super Star had 80% of Kirby's Dreamland put in, and even Kirby's Adventure had that Dreamland homage. Good call, though. :D

Jiggy

Normally I'd stick with predicting an F-Zero item until we got either an item or an F-Zero update, but I'm going with Jigglypuff. >_> 10% because of the Hayter interview, 90% because they just showed off Classic mode, so they might as well reveal a significant reason to still bother with Classic even though there's Subspace Emissary now.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
Boss rush: I think it's practically a guarantee. Believe I mentioned it somewhere in the thread...

You did and then I mentioned how intruiging I find your ideas and expressed my desire to subscribe to your non-existent newsletter.

Seriously, though, I absolutely love the idea. Boss rushes are always fun, especially when it will be a veritable all-star cast of Nintendo villains. Besides, Kirby games have always had a boss rush, ever since Kirby Super Star, and we all know how much Smash takes from Kirby in its basic design.

NeonZ said:
-A Great Cave Offensive type game: A level which isn't linear and has several collectibles.

Interesting idea...honestly, I don't believe this will happen, though I very much would like it to.

NeonZ said:
-A remake of an old game, like Super Mario Bros or Kirby, in the SSB engine? The most unlikely one I guess, but it could be a nice unlockable.

Again, interesting. I think it would be a Kirby remake, seeing as not only is Sakurai Kirby's creator (and he's definitely looking out for his pink puffball in this), but Smash Bros. is heavily Kirby inspired. If this truly is Sakurai's grand farewell to Nintendo, this would be a great throwback to the game that got him where he is.

Jiggy37 said:
Normally I'd stick with predicting an F-Zero item until we got either an item or an F-Zero update, but I'm going with Jigglypuff. >_> 10% because of the Hayter interview, 90% because they just showed off Classic mode, so they might as well reveal a significant reason to still bother with Classic even though there's Subspace Emissary now.

I'm honestly not sure, but I think you could unlock Jigglypuff via Adventure Mode in Melee if you beat it first. I'm not at all positive, though.

Jigglypuff is a distinct possibility. She's definitely been leaked by Hayter, but I'm not sure if that's a factor in the time we'll get her....I don't think Sakurai knows the specifics of that interview, because I doubt he's tracking the moves of those working on his game every second. I do believe she's in, and she would be a natural segue from the Classic mode reveal. I wouldn't bet the farm on it, though. But it's definitely possible. Heck, I'll predict it tonight.

If we're really lucky, then it will be a double veteran update: Ness and Jigglypuff!

Iam Canadian

Actually, if she's announced immediately before the launch, it will be all the better. Then we'll be too excited to care about some stupid blue fox and we can avoid the inevitable three page argument over her that will follow.

Iam Canadian said:
Actually, if she's announced immediately before the launch, it will be all the better. Then we'll be too excited to care about some stupid blue fox and we can avoid the inevitable three page argument over her that will follow.
It'll almost make me not wanna go out and pick up the game tho... =(

Iam Canadian said:

Can I go ahead and die now?

Zeed

Banned
MindCollizion said:
No seriously, you can just not play as her. Or even just not unlock her. It's mostly Krystal's "fans" that make her such an annoying character. I'm not saying that her design isn't awful, but it can be ignored.

Zeed said:
No seriously, you can just not play as her. Or even just not unlock her. It's mostly Krystal's "fans" that make her such an annoying character. I'm not saying that her design isn't awful, but it can be ignored.

Who are you and what have you done with Zeed? Are you sick?

Zeed said:

:D

Iam Canadian

MindCollizion said:

How can the presence of one character kill your enthusiasm for this maelstrom of awesome that Sakurai is preparing to unleash?

crowphoenix said:

Uh...if you want.

Dang is the topic seriously so touchy that I can't joke around about this whole Krystal love/hate thing? :lol I could care less if she's in or not, the more characters the better, but come on! Come on!

Zeed

Banned
crowphoenix said:
Who are you and what have you done with Zeed? Are you sick?
It's Krystal's fans and naked furry pics that piss me off (and her involvement in the destruction of the StarFox franchise but that's a different story). I've always been willing to let the rest slide. Brawl needs a staff fighter, after all.

Iam Canadian

Zeed said:
It's Krystal's fans and naked furry pics that piss me off (and her involvement in the destruction of the StarFox franchise but that's a different story). I've always been willing to let the rest slide. Brawl needs a staff fighter, after all.

She's like Sonic. She's a blue furry character in a franchise that's on a downward spiral in quality that has really creepy fans that draw disturbing artwork.

She just doesn't have childhood nostalgia and appearances in games that were actually good on her side. Sonic does.

Iam Canadian said:
You did and then I mentioned how intruiging I find your ideas and expressed my desire to subscribe to your non-existent newsletter.

Seriously, though, I absolutely love the idea. Boss rushes are always fun, especially when it will be a veritable all-star cast of Nintendo villains. Besides, Kirby games have always had a boss rush, ever since Kirby Super Star, and we all know how much Smash takes from Kirby in its basic design.

Actually, Kirby's Adventure was the first to have a boss rush.

We did have an All-Star mode in Melee, but that was beat up all the playable characters. Who knows if we are going to see a Boss Rush for the Adventure Mode bosses (plus Master Hand).

Speaking of modes, if Event matches return, what will be the equivalent of Event 51 (Defeat all three lives of Ganondorf, Mewtwo, and Giga Bowser)?

It's not like Krystal in Brawl is going to drastically increase the amount of hentai about her.
Though, the ZSS x Krystal hentai will increase.
SSBB is in desperate need of female fighters, though.
It's Samus, Peach and Zelda vs all right now.

Iam Canadian

Golden Darkness said:
Actually, Kirby's Adventure was the first to have a boss rush.

I stand thoroughly corrected. I can't believe I forgot about that.

Golden Darkness said:
We did have an All-Star mode in Melee, but that was beat up all the playable characters. Who knows if we are going to see a Boss Rush for the Adventure Mode bosses (plus Master Hand).

All-Star had the same structure as the Kirby boss rush modes. I can definitely see them dropping All-Star and replacing it with Boss Rush. Or having both. :D

Golden Darkness said:
Speaking of modes, if Event matches return, what will be the equivalent of Event 51 (Defeat all three lives of Ganondorf, Mewtwo, and Giga Bowser)?

Oh, God, that event. I only managed to do it by spamming Ness' PK Thunder and letting Mewtwo kill himself.

Maybe it will be you versus a team of Giga Bowser, Ganon, Mewtwo, Ridley, and King Dedede? :D

Scribble

Iam Canadian said:
She just doesn't have childhood nostalgia and appearances in games that were actually good on her side. Sonic does.

Yeah, it was pretty neat seeing everyone get so excited about Sonic in Brawl. It showed that the greatness of his 2D games haven't been drowned out by the shittyness of Sonic 2006 and the mediocrity of Sonic Heroes, Sonic Riders, Shadow, etc. Unless everyone is a Sonic X fan. Lol.

Zeed said:

Understandably, I tend to search Deviant Art for artwork on series I like or for characters I like. Sonic and Starfox are two series you don't want to do that with. If the furry smut doesn't get you, the kill art will.

MindCollizion said:
Dang is the topic seriously so touchy that I can't joke around about this whole Krystal love/hate thing? :lol I could care less if she's in or not, the more characters the better, but come on! Come on!

Ei. Most of my statements are jokes. I want her in the game, but like with Sonic, I love the Starfox franchise so much I can forgive alot. Not Sonic 360 though. The Horror

Somnid said:
Nobody suspects the furry inquisition.

:lol

guys, I think there's a 3rd party character we've all been ignoring, it has a appeared in every single nintendo console (even VB I think...) and in hundreds of games, in dozens of different genres, you could say this is a character that grew up along with nintendo, even if it did appear on other consoles

and it would also represent BANDAI NAMCO, one of japan's largest publishers

and the character is..........

Ms_gundam_a.gif

GUNDAM (RX-78 in this case)

downscaled to fit with the rest of the characters of course, it could be a suit that Amuro puts in, or a remote controlled Gundam, along with a Char assist trophy (3 times faster than the other trophies) it would be the perfect addition to SSBB

Milabrega

Didn't Gundams begin as an Anime? ( and thus not qualifying for Brawl )

Found my Answer. Yes Gundams did begin as Anime ( the first Gundam Series was in 1979 ). So ya that would disqualify them.

Milabrega

..pakbeka.. said:
that's in the past, sakurai may have changed his mind by now

On that criteria I highly doubt it. Letting one Anime origin character in opens the flood gates to oblivian... You thought Krystal Furry fans were bad, just imagine Inyuasha Furry Fanatics. That would be bad enough, but then you have the DBZ's, the Naruto's, the Sailor Moons etc...

civilstrife said:
I'm still waiting for <BomberMan Pic>

He's in line right behind Megaman and right infront of everyone else.

..pakbeka.. said:
that's in the past, sakurai may have changed his mind by now

I'm pretty sure though it wouldn't have good chances anyway. Characters with video game origins come first, and Gundam is hardly important in the history of Nintendo.

On that criteria I highly doubt it. Letting one Anime origin character in opens the flood gates to oblivian... You thought Krystal Furry fans were bad, just imagine Inyuasha Furry Fanatics. That would be bad enough, but then you have the DBZ's, the Naruto's, the Sailor Moons etc...

Indeed.

If you want to put anime characters together put them in their own game. Either like Jump Ultimate Stars or some Kingdom Heart varient.

Although in any scenario, it'll just produce tons more bad fanfic if there are legit crossovers between all the popular series.

Milabrega said:
one could argue that the essence of gundam is merchandise, not anime, and that includes video games

oh well, a man can dream

Milabrega

..pakbeka.. said:
one could argue that the essence of gundam is merchandise, not anime, and that includes video games

oh well, a man can dream

Yeah, I still dream the Gundam Wing Snes Fighting Game makes its way over to the states.

GamerSoul

syrup.jpg

Best Wario Villain right there.

Truthly, I'm getting tired of dreamin. :lol
I can't wait to see the leaked Final Roster a week before JP's release.

Jiggy

AceBandage said:
SSBB is in desperate need of female fighters, though.
It's Samus, Peach and Zelda vs all right now.
You can put Nana in front in Melee. But yes, needing to count her just proves the point. :(

The final Event has to be the final boss, obviously.

Each of the final events should be ultimate bosses of the Subspace Emissary, which I assume will be Giga Bowser, Dark Matter, Pokey, Master Hand/Crazy Hand, King K. Rool, Medusa, Dr. Eggman, Metal Gear Ray, Team Galactic, Andross, Ganon, Mother Brain, etc.

That'd be awesome.

Iam Canadian

I'm holding out for a playable Ashely. Not only would she add another female to the roster, but also another WarioWare character.

And I like her more than Mona.

Jiggy

A Link to the Snitch said:
The final Event has to be the final boss, obviously.
If that's the case, I hope you have to beat Subspace Emissary before you can unlock it.

Come to think of it, could you see Crazy Hand in SSBM Events before ever playing through Classic on Normal? Same with Giga Bowser and Adventure...

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
If that's the case, I hope you have to beat Subspace Emissary before you can unlock it.

Come to think of it, could you see Crazy Hand in SSBM Events before ever playing through Classic on Normal? Same with Giga Bowser and Adventure...

I'm pretty sure you can. At any rate, I didn't meet Crazy Hand or Giga Bowser in Classic/Adventure until I had beaten their respective events.

I remember seeing the japanese roster a week before it was released for Melee.

Seeing Mewtwo on there, I remember exactly how excited I was.

I also remember saying "What the fuck is a 'Roy'?"

Also, Captain Syrup ftw. But I have a feeling she'll only be an AT.

Also, if Megaman and Geno end up being in the game, I don't give a fuck of Krystal, or Pacman, or even fucking Slime get in... nothing could ruin the game at that point.

Also; my dream final boss for this game would be this:

(This is just something I dreamed up and nothing more)

"Nintendo" (&#20219;&#22825;&#22530;: meaning 'Leave fate to the clouds/heavens')

It would just be a giant human shaped cloud being, only visible from the waist up. It would represent "Nintendo".

The background would be all celestial looking with giant spinning Hanafuda cards.

The background music would be a new arrangement of the Smash Bros. Main Theme with latin lyrics in a minor key. In the middle of the song it would play short reprises of the ending of the Smash 64 song and the 'Zelda and Shiek' part of the Melee theme.

I think people who really know their Nintendo history would like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom