• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerSoul

MrCheez said:
I think the debate centers around what you think actually HAPPENS when Zelda becomes Sheik. Is she putting on a costume, or is she actually transforming into a different person?

I think the complete change in her facial structure, her skin tone, eye color, and new muscular physique points to the fact that she is actually transforming into a different person. In fact, perhaps she is changing into a Sheikah that really existed - maybe Sheik used to be a living dude?

Either way though, this is all just my opinion (I think it's an interesting topic anyway, although it's a debate that is years old now) and I can see how it can be looked at either way.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if the NEW Sheik design is more masculine or feminine looking. Hell, every aspect of this new design is going to be interesting... I can't wait. I wonder what the philosophy behind the changes will be. Can anyone pinpoint an aspect of the "Twilight Princess Style" that they think will be adopted for the Sheik makeover? Darker or less saturated colors is one thing to probably expect I guess?

True. The point that you bring up about how far the change goes is a point alot of people argue. When you look at Zelda's physique tho, it is not that different from Sheiks only more musclular. I mean, why would they go as far as wraping Sheik's chest area if there was nothing to hide? Impa has no wrapping or anything so we can't say that it's a normal female Sheikah thing.

I just want to know why no one has randomly asks Aonuma over the years. :/
Since he's working closely with Sakurai we shall see when Brawl comes out.

NeonZ

Even if the Japanese trophy page in Melee says the same as the US page, I'm still not convinced it's cannon when it's a small blurb in a spin-off game developed by people who weren't involved in the development of OOT.

But that blurb is from this spin-off franchise, so, unless contradicted by official sources elsewhere later, it's the official information for this topic.

Darker or less saturated colors is one thing to probably expect I guess?

Darker colors and less skin-tight clothes are what I'm expecting, considering the changes made to Link's and Ganondorf's designs between the OoT and TP transition. Just look at Ganondorf (OoT), he looks straight out of some super hero comic, complete with the 'Superman' pants... :lol

I wouldn't be surprised if the new design is somewhat more feminine too, though not much, considering how Sheik's identity isn't a secret anymore.

Firestorm

GamerSoul said:
I just want to know why no one has randomly asks Aonuma over the years. :/
Since he's working closely with Sakurai we shall see when Brawl comes out.

Let's tell one of the GAF media people to do it.

1up: Does Sheik have a penis?
Anouma: Yes and it's huge.
or
Anouma: No you creep.

I think Zelda stays female.

GamerSoul

Firestorm said:
Let's tell one of the GAF media people to do it.

1up: Does Sheik have a penis?
Anouma: Yes and it's huge.
or
Anouma: No you creep.

I think Zelda stays female.

heh. that'd catch him off guard.

NeonZ said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the new design is somewhat more feminine too, though not much, considering how Sheik's identity isn't a secret anymore

Exactly. Anyways, I'm expecting Sheik to look a little more feminine around the face. Nothing too drastic.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
GamerSoul said:
Exactly. Anyways, I'm expecting Sheik to look a little more feminine around the face. Nothing too drastic.

I'll be a little surprised (read: disappointed) if Sheik's entire ensemble doesn't get a big redesign. I want to see them get really creative like they did with Ganon's new look in TP. :)

MrCheez said:
Sheik.jpg

It's a man, baby!

Man, i want to see SSBB's Sheik's butt so much.. Snake will have real competition then.

GamerSoul

MrCheez said:
I'll be a little surprised (read: disappointed) if Sheik's entire ensemble doesn't get a big redesign. I want to see them get really creative like they did with Ganon's new look in TP. :)

Now I'll agree with you that they really did give Ganondorf an amaziiing new look. The guy looked just plain gewd. But I think it would be kinda hard to give Sheik a drastic new look becuz of her simple design that already works. No fishnets, no kunais, no sandals, no anything, yet Sheik looks cool.

Don't get me wrong. I'm hoping to see a new TP Sheik.

ohamsie

I consider Birdos to be a species, not just one specific character, kind of like the Yoshis. Therefore, there are male and female birdos, everyone is right!

NeonZ

DavidDayton said:
I'd love to see your evidence for this...

The original SMB2 manual does say that it is a male, and the Strikers Charged site says the same too according to wikipedia, so it's not completely limited to supposed Japanese sources.

Jiggy

ohamsie said:
I consider Birdos to be a species, not just one specific character, kind of like the Yoshis. Therefore, there are male and female birdos, everyone is right!
In fairness, we've never seen a female Yoshi. >_>

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
NeonZ said:
The original SMB2 manual does say that it is a male, and the Strikers Charged site says the same too according to wikipedia, so it's not completely limited to supposed Japanese sources.

The SMB2/USA manual is a special case*, but if the Strikers page says that too....hmm. Anyone got a link to a Birdo text on the Strikers page?

* By special case, I mean that the "BIRDO BE A GUY" thing popped up in the manual for SMB2 here in the USA, probably because some NOA guy thought it would be a funny joke for the manual. When they brought SMB2 to Japan as Super Mario Bros. USA, they translated the SMB2 (USA) manual nearly literally. Other than that, though, I wasn't aware of any Japanese source citing the character as a guy... if the Strikers page does, though, that's new information.

NeonZ

The SMB2/USA manual is a special case*, but if the Strikers page says that too....hmm. Anyone got a link to a Birdo text on the Strikers page?

Wait... you're talking about Japanese sources... The site mentioned by wikipedia is the European one.

Here's the text and link, anyway:

http://mariostrikers.nintendo.co.uk/

"This hard-hitting power player lands some of the biggest bone-rattling hits ever seen on the Strikers field. Birdo's shooting is also feared by most goalkeepers, as he can score at will. His Extreme Egg can beat any goalie, resulting in quick goals." - Birdo's biography

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
NeonZ said:
Wait... you're talking about Japanese sources... The site mentioned by wikipedia is the European one.

Here's the text and link, anyway:

http://mariostrikers.nintendo.co.uk/

"This hard-hitting power player lands some of the biggest bone-rattling hits ever seen on the Strikers field. Birdo's shooting is also feared by most goalkeepers, as he can score at will. His Extreme Egg can beat any goalie, resulting in quick goals." - Birdo's biography

Ah... well, in cases like this, I distrust the USA/Euro sites because, well, they aren't done by the folks who are in charge of the characters.

We've gotten onto a weird tangent, though. Tonight's update -- METROID ASSIST TROPHY!

Or not.

crowphoenix said:
Tonights update? Pokeball- Magicarp.
if there is magikarp/goldeen in this game it would be awesome if when u throw it into water it evolves and does some uber shit. Ice Climbers level has water, and possibly others

Jiggy

I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see a "Pokemon from previous installments" update, but I'm not going to start predicting it until after we've gotten our character. >_>

NeonZ

I really think it's about time for a new character update about a returning veteran. The last update was about something from the E4All demo, and I doubt they'll make another update about things available there just after that one. Besides, we've gone 2 weeks without any new profiles revealed.

Zeed said:
CHARACTER TONIGHT.

OR BAN ME FOR AN HOUR.

No longer!

Kidding

I'm gonna do something more interesting than predicting what will be the update tonight - predicting what kind of thing may be updated!

Character (Veteran) - Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
Character (Newcomer) - Animal Crosser (Animal Crossing)
Stage - Bubbly Clouds (Kirby)
Item - Stopwatch (The Legend of Zelda)
Assist Trophy - Jill (Drill Dozer)
Pokéball - Dialga/Palkia double update

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I'm going to be really daring, stick my neck out, and predict a newcomer.

I'm not expecting Mega Man yet, so I'll go with Ridley.

...Of course, Sakurai, if you wanted to go ahead and reveal Ness, I'd really appreciate that...

Jiggy

Alright guys, I'm heading out soon. Again, I won't be back until at least half an hour after the update, so if you're waiting for statistics, don't. >_> Also, my connection's been spotty yesterday and today, so I may or may not be able to provide the usual report at all.

NickP786

Im just gonna go out on a limb and predict Prince Poo

And speaking of Earthbound, ive been listening to the fourside theme recently, I'd love to see that make a comeback in Brawl (but i doubt that'll happen)

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
100th update was Wi-Fi megaton wasn't it?

What was 50th? Just seeing if there's a chance of something bigger than normal for the 150th one.

NickP786

Nash said:
What was 50th? Just seeing if there's a chance of something bigger than normal for the 150th one.

Just checked back to see the 50th update, and I think it was Skyworld... here's hoping its something big this time though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom