• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerSoul

turk128 said:
ike_071112e-l.jpg

Sakurai's having fun again.

heh. Samus scarred for life confirmed.

Ike's FS looks way better in motion. i'm gonna have fun watching carelessly people walk into Ike's blade.

Gaborn

Tonight should be a character profile. I'll break with my usual theme (ZOMG ASHLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and predict Captain Olimar, just because we're due for a megaton and I'm tired of being wrong.

DarkKyo

crowphoenix said:
I'm planning on maining Ike with Sonic as my sub, so I like Ike.. Which was all that made todays update ok. Character please?
Yes because I'm sure you know exactly how they both feel and if they fit your playing style.... unless of course you actually went to E For All...

Dechaios said:
Yes because I'm sure you know exactly how they both feel and if they fit your playing style.... unless of course you actually went to E For All...
hey, we have an admin whos sole purpose for buying this game is because an EB character is in it, thats far more extreme then simply playing your favorites

NeonZ

Dechaios said:

Or, maybe, he wants to focus on those characters due to their history and design, rather than the game mechanics...?

Jiggy

Gaborn said:
Tonight should be a character profile. I'll break with my usual theme (ZOMG ASHLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Going by Zeed's historical precedent, just try not to get yourself banned--because if you do, Ashley will be revealed that night as an assist trophy.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Well, I'm going to main Lucas out of sheer principle. Besides, I like how Ness handles, unlike most people, so it works out.

Assuming both Ness and Lucas are in (Ness will be in. BELIEVE.) then I'll probably use the two interchangeably, perhaps focusing on Lucas, because I like PK Freeze and that rope snake.

I'm using Meta Knight as my secondary because not only is he one of my favourite Nintendo characters, but he looks absurdly good as well.

Iam Canadian said:
I'm using Meta Knight as my secondary because not only is he one of my favourite Nintendo characters, but he looks absurdly good as well.

Meta Knight is unlikely to be top tier because of his lack of good kill moves (according to people who played the game, not me.)

I'm still holding out hope that the game will be balanced enough that people won't be picking their characters based on tiers.

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Going by Zeed's historical precedent, just try not to get yourself banned--because if you do, Ashley will be revealed that night as an assist trophy.
TONIGHT WILL BE A CHARACTER OR BAN ME FOR AN HOUR

So, tonight, I'm not expecting anything small, not even medium - it's gonna be big.

So I'm predicting that it will NOT be a stage, item (unless it's something that vastly changes the game), anything move-related, or music.

I could see it being a How to Play, Character, or Game Mode.

Maybe if we all predict lame updates we will get megatons, or at least lower our expectations so much that anything can be a megaton.

How to Play: Navigating Main Menu
MEGATON

GamerSoul

How to play: Dashing/Walking or a game mode for tonight.

I predict a character for this week. Meh if Jiggly or Luigi, Sweet if Sheik or C.Falcon

Jiggy

A Link to the Snitch said:
So, tonight, I'm not expecting anything small, not even medium - it's gonna be big.

So I'm predicting that it will NOT be a stage, item (unless it's something that vastly changes the game), anything move-related, or music.

I could see it being a How to Play, Character, or Game Mode.
...which of these past How to Play updates would you call "big"?

The Basic Rules
What is a Final Smash?
Moving and Shooting
You must recover!
Smash Attacks
Standard Combos
Footstool Jump
Tether Recovery
Four Special Move Types
Gliding
Shielding & Dodging
How to use the Wii Remote
On-screen Appearances
Grab and Throw

I mean, I guess I could see Footstool Jump maybe. Kind of.

Jiggy37 said:
...which of these past How to Play updates would you call "big"?

The Basic Rules
What is a Final Smash?
Moving and Shooting
You must recover!
Smash Attacks
Standard Combos
Footstool Jump
Tether Recovery
Four Special Move Types
Gliding
Shielding & Dodging
How to use the Wii Remote
On-screen Appearances
Grab and Throw

I mean, I guess I could see Footstool Jump maybe. Kind of.

A How to Play update could be some entirely new, game-changing mechanic.

Jiggy

AceBandage said:
Tonight: Create a Character
There are two miracles I'd like to see happen for Wii. One is that the rumor of a No Mercy remake on WiiWare is true, and the other is this. Of course, I figure the Earth isn't good enough for both of those things, but I hope I'm wrong. >_>

A How to Play update could be some entirely new, game-changing mechanic.
That'd be pretty crafty. They would have had to hide it in the demo, after all. >_>

Jiggy37 said:
There are two miracles I'd like to see happen for Wii. One is that the rumor of a No Mercy remake on WiiWare is true, and the other is this. Of course, I figure the Earth isn't good enough for both of those things, but I hope I'm wrong. >_>

That'd be pretty crafty. They would have had to hide it in the demo, after all. >_>

They could.

Heck, it could be a How to Play update... combined with a Character update... combined with a Game Mode update!

Rindain

Banned
I predict either a New Challenger (I'd guess Ridley), or a Megaton new game feature announcement, a'la "create a character" mode or assist trophies playable somehow.

They could.

Heck, it could be a How to Play update... combined with a Character update... combined with a Game Mode update!

Sakurai hid the video recording update in a rather lame update, so you never know.

Iam Canadian

AceBandage said:
Sakurai hid the video recording update in a rather lame update, so you never know.

So it would be the Footstool Jump, featuring Samus footstool jumping off of Ridley's back in a mode where you can play as Assist Trophies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'm going to go on something slightly more risque!

Tag-Team mode.

Allows you to select 2 players, and they are interchangable at anytime, there are also team moves!

Jiggy

I believe in Mii support myself. I mean, not on principle, but in terms of thinking it's probably going to happen, just given how Mario and Sonic at the Olympics went.

Syth_Blade22 said:
I'm going to go on something slightly more risque!

Tag-Team mode.

Allows you to select 2 players, and they are interchangable at anytime, there are also team moves!
This would be an excellent feature, and in that mode I could see how the tiers might be better moderated courtesy of counter characters. Hmm. Still, the problem with your idea is that...

...that now I really, really want it to happen. :eek:

Iam Canadian

Hey, tag-team mode could happen. I'm not taking anything for granted anymore. Not after the Stage Builder.

Though a full-fledged character creation mode would be completely contrary to what Smash Bros. is.

Iam Canadian said:
Hey, tag-team mode could happen. I'm not taking anything for granted anymore. Not after the Stage Builder.

Though a full-fledged character creation mode would be completely contrary to what Smash Bros. is.

I think Tag-team mode should resemble DKC - have the other character there, and in switching, they'd literally tag each other out.

Also, as for character creation, it could be as simple as using Miis.

Which means I can have Hitler, Zoidberg, Kenny, and Michael Jackson doing battle.

And on top of that, they could have a doable moveset, one from each game.

Wii Fit - Hula hoop (B)
Wii Sports - Bowling (Smash B)
Wii Play - Trick Shoot (Down B)
Wii Chess - Knight (Up B *maybe a stretch*)
Wii Music Orchestra - Orchestra (Final Smash)

I'm thinking about switching Bowling and Violin around.

Jiggy

Secretly I always expected a stage creator, so when that update came I wasn't terribly surprised... I'd be stunned at tag teams, though. They are somewhat common for fighting games, which is one thing working in their favor, and I suppose they were there in a sense in Mario Kart Double Dash, so Nintendo in general has thought on the concept, and I guess it's true that Sakurai's all about features--

...Okay, never mind. I guess I wouldn't be surprised at tag teams at all. :eek:

They must have a good update tonight for the last few bad ones. I mean, Mario comes out.

I'm predicting a Mario Galaxy level, or a new character like captain Olimar.

Jiggy

JohnTinker said:
Sakurai takes a break from actual updates and bemuses us with his Check Mii Out creations instead
Scary thing is that I could entirely imagine this happening. Even if Mii support isn't in Brawl, I could still imagine it. You know, something like...

The Wii has a feature known as the Mii Channel. You can use it to create avatars.

Wh--who's this?

It's the director of Super Smash Bros. Brawl and creator of Kirby, Masahiro Sakurai!

Is--is he waving at the audience?

He hopes you'll continue to enjoy the Smash Bros. Dojo updates.

Pringo

Banned
For tonight I'm predicting a newcomer. We haven't had a character announced for a while and for whatever reason I don't think the next character shown will be a returning one.

If it is a returning character though I hope for Captain Falcon.

Gaborn

IF we get a new character isn't there potentially a pattern? If there is a character then there were 11 days between characters when Sonic was revealed, then 12 days before King Dedede then 13 through Mystery Character X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom