• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotanibor

Gaborn said:
IF we get a new character isn't there potentially a pattern? If there is a character then there were 11 days between characters when Sonic was revealed, then 12 days before King Dedede then 13 through Mystery Character X

It seems reallllly unlikely that he would put THAT much thought into it. Hell he probably puts stuff up completely on a whim.

No YOU FOOLS AND CLOWNS!

NO MIIS IN THIS GAME!

Stop Predicting Miis! It wont happen! I hope it doesnt!

No Mii characters , No Mii NOTHING , NADA! ZERO , 0!

arghhhhh

Jiggy

Well, guess I can go back to that Anathema Characters list and add Miis in there, with Firestorm and SuperAndroid17 as the first entrants. >_>
Edit: There we go.

Gaborn said:
IF we get a new character isn't there potentially a pattern? If there is a character then there were 11 days between characters when Sonic was revealed, then 12 days before King Dedede then 13 through Mystery Character X
There were only six empty days between Lucas and Sonic, and ten between Sonic and King Dedede.

Gaborn

Rotanibor Eht said:
It seems reallllly unlikely that he would put THAT much thought into it. Hell he probably puts stuff up completely on a whim.

I'm not so sure, I think he knows how much he has to reveal and given the time frame I'd be surprised if he didn't have it planned out to show the updates. I'm not saying there IS a pattern but IF we get a character it seems slightly more than coincidental, particularly this (relatively) close to the release (at least in Japan) of the game.

Edit: well, so much for that, thanks Jiggy!

Jiggy37 said:
Well, guess I can go back to that Anathema Characters list and add Miis in there, with Firestorm and SuperAndroid17 as the first entrants. >_>

There were only six empty days between Lucas and Sonic, and ten between Sonic and King Dedede.

Wahaha

Id take Waluigi over Mii's any forsaken day.

Pac-Man?.... PAC-MAN ...Seriously? he needs to stay away from brawl and stick to eating balls. He blows AND never started on a Nintendo console...whats so special about him? :lol :lol

will ANYONE actually use him as a Main Character? , become pro and go online etc. Hahahah cmon people

Firestorm

Jiggy37 said:

Add me in for the hate against Bowser Jr, Cloud, Daisy, and Waluigi.

SuperAndroid17 said:
No YOU FOOLS AND CLOWNS!

NO MIIS IN THIS GAME!

Stop Predicting Miis! It wont happen! I hope it doesnt!

No Mii characters , No Mii NOTHING , NADA! ZERO , 0!

arghhhhh

I don't see what makes you "so sure" they'll have no presence.

It's not like Mii wouldn't "fit" as a multiplayer character or single player enemy, the theme is Nintendo stuff.

No matter what, Mii will be in. And it won't be as a Trophy.

Firestorm said:
Add me in for the hate against Bowser Jr, Cloud, Daisy, and Waluigi.

Bowser Jr.'s gonna be in.

Rotanibor

Gaborn said:
I'm not so sure, I think he knows how much he has to reveal and given the time frame I'd be surprised if he didn't have it planned out to show the updates. I'm not saying there IS a pattern but IF we get a character it seems slightly more than coincidental, particularly this (relatively) close to the release (at least in Japan) of the game.

Edit: well, so much for that, thanks Jiggy!

Well yeah I would agree he is trying to space it out to a degree. But the idea that he is thinking, "Okay it was 11 days between the new characters the time before last, and 12 days the time after. So this time I'll wait for 13 days!" doesn't seem right.

Jiggy

A Link to the Snitch said:
Would it help if he could transform into Shadow Mario?
Very much so. For that matter, if his forward air worked like Dr. Mario's while Mario's has the same SSBM mechanic, he would have a strong shot at being one of my secondary characters.

Jiggy37 said:
Very much so. For that matter, if his forward air worked like Dr. Mario's while Mario's has the same SSBM mechanic, he would have a strong shot at being one of my secondary characters.

I could see Shadow Mario having paintbrush-based B moves and having Dr. Mario's A moves.

Jiggy

A Link to the Snitch said:
I could see Shadow Mario having paintbrush-based B moves and having Dr. Mario's A moves.
This would be excellence indeed, and a real good reason to have Bowser Jr. in. Maybe the only good reason. >_>

Taunts

If you want to show your opponent a little flair, you can do moves unrelated to battle—it’s called taunting. You do it with the +Control Pad, except when using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.

This time, you do one of three different taunts, depending on the direction you press the +Control Pad!

technique07_071113a-l.jpg

Up taunt: He twirls his sword twice and sheaths it.

technique07_071113b-l.jpg

Side taunt: Oh. A fairy.

technique07_071113c-l.jpg

Down taunt: Is this his mysterious pose from the Nintendo 64 version?!

There are a variety of patterns for you to enjoy.

technique07_071113d-l.jpg

He takes off his hat and spins around whimsically.

technique07_071113e-l.jpg

She curls herself in some sort of new stretch.

technique07_071113f-l.jpg

He gives a shout on the spot.

technique07_071113g-l.jpg

He gives a three-fingered "W" salute.

technique07_071113h-l.jpg

He thrusts his sword in the ground and crosses his arms.

technique07_071113i-l.jpg

He spins his feet and says "Too slow..."

technique07_071113j-l.jpg

With Wii Remote + Nunchuk control, taunts are handled with the 1 Button (up taunt), the 2 Button (down taunt) and the 1 and 2 Buttons simultaneously (side taunt).

technique07_071113k-l.jpg

Oh, and a short message can be assigned to each taunt direction.

CassSept

Three Different Taunts

Meh, not worst of updates, but far from being great. Just nice that they've included it
Edit: Although...
technique07_071113k-l.jpg

SNAAAAAAAAKE:lol :lol

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Nice screenshots, though. Wario has freakishly huge hands.

Down taunt: Is this his mysterious pose from the Nintendo 64 version?!

Yes, Link's taunt was much better in the N64 version.

Plus, the last screenshot. "Snaaaaaake!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom