• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribble

Today's only Tuesday, right? All these "less exciting" updates are just making it more likely that we'll have a decent one soon. So dry your eyes.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
With Wii Remote + Nunchuk control, taunts are handled with the 1 Button (up taunt), the 2 Button (down taunt) and the 1 and 2 Buttons simultaneously (side taunt).
Er, wtf? I outlined what the best layout would be for Remote + Nunchuck a couple hundred pages back. I even proposed the idea of 3 taunts when the previous games only had 1. What happened?

SSBB_button_layout.jpg

edit: ... that was my wiimote-gesture layout too. Ignore that part.

Hopefully the custom button layout thing really lets you set any move to any button.

I love how Fox is basically a DBZ character now. :lol

ziran

Just wanted to say thanks to Golden Darkness for posting the daily updates, the Smash site is soooo slow for me.

Oh, and, how can one game be filled with so much awesome! :D

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I never use taunts. I guess if I can add words I might. Add things like "Palestine will never win in a game of Brawl" or something like that.

Also, for more female characters I hope they add Pauline.

cvxfreak

I realized how much I'm going to love experimenting with different control layouts for this game. I'm leaning towards liking the GC pad the best but it may actually be the the nunchuck/Wiimote option. Doubt I'll like the other two very much though.

wow i check this thread out for some latest posts, and i see full of douche fucking shitty complaints here. can you guys accept the fact that you won't always get a fucking megaton? it's pretty sad to see you guys refresh constantly, and just post 'BOO LAMETON UPDATEZZZZ'

just pathetic really. jeez, cool off and get a life. and dont bother replying with some smartass comment, im getting out of this thread

Neomoto

Some of those taunts are awesome. I was looking at the update before reading the thread and the first thing that came to mind when I say Fox was "over nine thousannnd!!" hehe.

Speevy said:
I think Sakurai's wife told him to go to bed, so he just put this up.
Sakurai has made these updates weeks ago and then send them to NoA for translation (and they send it to NoE for Europe translation).

RagnarokX

Photobucket crapped out on me this month, had to find another image host. Hope this one works...

In honor of the thread title, once again here's:

bed007be4f.gif

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
laesperanzapaz said:
wow i check this thread out for some latest posts, and i see full of douche fucking shitty complaints here. can you guys accept the fact that you won't always get a fucking megaton? it's pretty sad to see you guys refresh constantly, and just post 'BOO LAMETON UPDATEZZZZ'

just pathetic really. jeez, cool off and get a life. and dont bother replying with some smartass comment, im getting out of this thread
WHERES MEGAMAN????

CTLance

Awesome update. For me, at least. It's got everything! (mostly thanks to the Snaaaake picture)

Also :lol at myself for falling for the obvious eye candy
again
. I promised myself I'd ignore the sexy objectification aspect of ZS Samus , but come on now... "some sort of new stretch"? I kind of wanna know more about this. Pix pls! :D
:(

Oh, and Ikes' taunt looks badass.

The "over 9000" shops are hilarious, too.

The fact that Sonic is actually doing the figure-8 move is awesome! Damn, I loved that move in Sonic Chaos. And Ike's taunt is awesome. I can't believe I'm actually excited about this update. (Maybe it's the day off, but first I gotta suffer through the GRE)

This is a good picture update. I dig it.

M3wThr33

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
Newcomer: MEGAMAN...

...EXE

That's to be expected. There's more variety in the character. He's better known to most of the kids today. His moves can involve more of his standard cards (Sword, minibombs,) beyond simply the buster.

M3wThr33 said:
That's to be expected. There's more variety in the character. He's better known to most of the kids today. His moves can involve more of his standard cards (Sword, minibombs,) beyond simply the buster.

He's a shitty sellout to the anime-craze, turned a wonderful franchise into Yu-Gi-Oh, and took everything unique and fun about the Rockman character design and threw it out the window to look 'CYBER-KID ANIME'. His storyline isn't even canon with the MM -> X -> Z -> ZX chain.

He's garbage, he won't be in Smash.

Hey Jiggy, add that one to my list of characters that I hate right between Slime and WW Link

SuperAngelo64 said:
He's a shitty sellout to the anime-craze,

Yeah, and Mega-Astro-ManBoy is the height of character design originality.

turned a wonderful franchise into Yu-Gi-Oh,

I see. Anything resembling cards = Yu-Gi-Oh now. Hey, Yggdra Union is a Yu-Gi-Oh clone, did you hear?

Also, I don't get what you mean by 'turned'. Did we stop getting awesome MMZ games because of MMBN?

and took everything unique and fun about the Rockman character design and threw it out the window to look 'CYBER-KID ANIME'.

What. Seriously. What. Have you even seen any of the MMX or MMClassic character designs? They're anime, through and through. That this time the anime design has more of a cyber-setting (because they're, you know, in the cyberworld) has nothing to do with anything.

His storyline isn't even canon with the MM -> X -> Z -> ZX chain.

You're using the storyline of the Mega Man series as an argument? Really? Really?

I was under the impression that Retro had denied Sakurai in his request for Prime.

All was forgiven, though. The Prime series was excellent, and perhaps they weren't done at the time. Or something.

But knowing that Sakurai didn't even ask them for assets?

FRAK YOU YOU BASTARD

: <

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Should've made waggle the taunt if you're playing with either Wiimote on its side or Wiimote + Nunchuck combo. Disappointing string of updates, though, I'm hoping we'll see a new or returning character, or at this point I'm hoping for a creative stage or some more music reveals.

Pureauthor said:
Blah, Blah, Blah

You obviously know nothing about the series.

The bottom line is people are going to be pissed if Megaman EXE is in Brawl.

EDIT: Nevermind, you're a Megaman Legends fan. That explains everything.

ShockingAlberto said:
I don't see how anyone who fails to mention Dash as part of canon has any right to be snobby about things outside of the story.

I was going to say Dash but that hardly counts. I think Inafune said something dodgy that basically just meant 'It's so far in the future it doesn't have anything to do with the previous series!!11 omg!'

SuperAngelo64 said:
You obviously know nothing about the series.

Try me.

Also, Mega Man Legends 1 & 2 were the best Playstation Mega Man games. (And, well, I guess the best N64 Mega Man game, although that's really not saying... well, anything). Got a reason or something to back up your assertion?

SuperAngelo64 said:
Ok:

What's the shittiest incarnation of Mega-

-Oooooooooh that's right.

You already fucked that one up.

Game Over

The shittiest incarnation of Mega Man would be Mega Man Star Force, at it has yet to have any good games within the series bearing that particular Mega Man.

Next?

shaft said:
Allot of things i find funny. But this is just stupid. Is it the way he says it?

Yes. It also has a lot to do with how stupid Nappa sounds right before that.

HAY VEGETA

"It's over 9000" is the old "Samus took her clothes off". Well, sort of.

SuperAngelo64 said:
http://home.worldonline.dk/samoilow/megaman%20x4.JPG

If Mega Man X4 is your candidate for 'best Mega Man game on anything', then you have terrible taste. It's not even the best Mega Man X game for the Playstation, dude. X5 was way better.

Pureauthor said:
If Mega Man X4 is your candidate for 'best Mega Man game on anything', then you have terrible taste. It's not even the best Mega Man X game for the Playstation, dude. X5 was way better.

Actually, X5 is the only X game I haven't played. It's sitting on my desk right now, I'll probably get around to it after Galaxy.

But still, ANYTHING from the X series is better than the Dash series (which I also own and have played through several times). I'm not saying it's a horrible series, I'm just saying it's got nothing on Classic/X/Zero/ZX. (ZX was also a horrible CYBER-ANIME-KID IS THE ONE! Sellout concept but atleast this time it was fun to play.)

SuperAngelo64 said:
Actually, X5 is the only X game I haven't played. It's sitting on my desk right now, I'll probably get around to it after Galaxy.

But still, ANYTHING from the X series is better than the Dash series (which I also own and have played through several times). I'm not saying it's a horrible series, I'm just saying it's got nothing on Classic/X/Zero/ZX.

Oh, I don't hold Mega Man Legends as anywhere near as good as the best of 2D sidescrolling Mega Man. But Mega Man's 2D offerings on the Playstation simply weren't very good at all.

Pureauthor said:
Oh, I don't hold Mega Man Legends as anywhere near as good as the best of 2D sidescrolling Mega Man. But Mega Man's 2D offerings on the Playstation simply weren't very good at all.

I guess I can't argue with that too much. Though I still feel X4, X5, and X6 were a step above the Dash series in being fun.

I also think it's kind've funny how this Megaman debate is going on in a thread for a game he probably won't even be in at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom