• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaMainman

wario_071128d-l.jpg

Good ol' Wario Land/shoulder charge.

Jiggy

-Wario flies up to 5 updates, surpassing Yoshi and Animal Crossing and coming to tie Mother.

-Final smashes hit 18 updates, surpassing stages and how to play and coming to tie with game modes for the second most common update type.

-24 days without a character. And 2 days remain before we can say that all of November passed by without a character. Cheers! :eek:

-Each of the past three weeks including this one has had at least one final smash. Last week had two of them, at beginning and ending!

-The known characters without final smash updates are now King Dedede, Snake, Sonic, Zelda, and Zero Suit Samus. I'll be quietly hoping that Sonic and ZSS aren't the next ones since we already know what they do.

-41 days of updates remain before the Japanese release date for SSBB.

I suppose Final Smashes are more interesting when you actually care about the character. For example, take my reaction to Lucas' Final Smash.

Unfortunately, I can't get excited about this one. Though it looks like an intriguing gameplay mechanic.

Yeah, that's the thing, it actually looks like a nice break from the "big, screen-filling, difficult-to-avoid attack" I was expecting most of the Final Smashes to be. Between the motorcycle and this bizarre superhero transformation, I think I can actually see myself playing as Wario pretty frequently. Hell, even if his mechanics suck, it'd probably be fun just to watch.

I still wish we'd get a real exciting update to make up for the doldrums this month, though. Actually, I wish we'd just get the game. I'm tired of reading about it. Is it February yet?

m00

Sweet, another good comparative translation update.

速すぎるぅぅぅぅぅぅぅ!!
Tooooooo faaaaaaaaast!!!
Zuuuuuu schneeeeeeeeell!!!
Ça va trop viiiiiiiite !!!
"¡Hasta nunca, pardill...! ¡Glubs!"
Rallentaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Suburban Cowboy said:
wow, sucks for wario fans. This seems like shit compared to other FS such as Super Sonic
I don't think so. It seems like he gets some super powered moves. Also Sakurai says that Wario-Man can negate a variety of moves. Sounds like a cool FS to me.

DaMainman said:
wario_071128d-l.jpg

Good ol' Wario Land/shoulder charge.
Love the background! :lol

Jiggy

Suburban Cowboy said:
wow, sucks for wario fans. This seems like shit compared to other FS such as Super Sonic
Depends how many attacks he can negate, how he does it, and how much damage his improved moves do. Whatever the case, I'm not entirely sure it's worse than Super Sonic... The way people were using Sonic in videos, it seemed like controlling his momentum was somewhat difficult, which might make beating that final smash a mere matter of careful air dodging. But we'll see.

Olaeh

Nice update tonight. I assumed the atomic fart would be his FS so this is a nice surprise. I don't think it would be gimped. Maybe he is Wario-man until he is knocked out of the stage; or maybe he even returns as Wario-man and it lasts for a set amount of time.

Also someone mentioned wanting a Paper Mario or Galaxy stage.... that would be a mini megaton for me! Also SMG music would be nice.

Linkhero1

Iam Canadian said:
I want to believe so badly, but it's getting so hard. ;_;

I'm having a crisis of faith, GAF!
You know if it does turn out to be a character, and that character is
Krystal
I'm going to shoot myself repeatedly till I can't see
fur
anymore.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Linkhero1 said:
You know if it does turn out to be a character, and that character is
Krystal
I'm going to shoot myself repeatedly till I can't see
fur
anymore.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

Jiggy37 said:
-Wario flies up to 5 updates, surpassing Yoshi and Animal Crossing and coming to tie Mother.

-Final smashes hit 18 updates, surpassing stages and how to play and coming to tie with game modes for the second most common update type.

-24 days without a character. And 2 days remain before we can say that all of November passed by without a character. Cheers! :eek:

-Each of the past three weeks including this one has had at least one final smash. Last week had two of them, at beginning and ending!

-The known characters without final smash updates are now King Dedede, Snake, Sonic, Zelda, and Zero Suit Samus. I'll be quietly hoping that Sonic and ZSS aren't the next ones since we already know what they do.

-41 days of updates remain before the Japanese release date for SSBB.
Woo thanks again for the stats Jiggy! You da man! :D

24 days...yikes! :lol

Linkhero1 said:
Last day of November will be a character Megaton.
I believe! :D

Linkhero1

Jiggy37 said:
Jigglypuff + Luigi + Captain Falcon + Ness, believe. Title: "The Original Unlockable Crew."
I will jump with joy if that happens. Funny that none of them have been revealed, yet alone mentioned by Sakurai.

grandjedi6 said:
With the words: "are not featured in this game"....... :(

No not Jigglypuff or Ness :( I doubt he'd remove CF or Luigi though.

KevinCow

Banned
Linkhero1 said:
Last day of November will be a character Megaton.
I think he's going to stick to the patten. We'll get no characters this month, but three newcomers next month.

Of course, basing predictions off of patterns has only ever led to tears.

I'm so disappointed with the lack of really good updates. Sure the final smashes are great, but after a while they tend to become banal. I really hope that within the next week we see something big. No more updates like the wide-screen update, please!

Jiggy

grandjedi6 said:
With the words: "are not featured in this game"....... :(
That would go well beyond Novembust and into something inexpressible through words. :( I main Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon alike.

But Falcon's not going anywhere, anyway, and neither is Luigi. Jigglypuff and Ness are more fearful matters. >_>

Sciz

When they first revealed final smashes, I was worried that they would have trouble making each of them distinctive. Now I can only sit back and wonder how off-the-wall the next one is going to be.

Would've been nice to see the Wario Land hats and transformations worked in somehow, but I can be happy with Wario-Man too.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'd rather get no characters this month and get an update about a Brawl demo on the 3rd, but sadly that would be too awesome for it to actually happen. :(

suaveric

so what happened to the atomic fart? that had to be his original final smash, right? hasn't everything else seen in that initial video come to pass other than this?

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
YES!!! So awesome and wacky. :lol It would be great if the transformation lasts for quite awhile.

I'm soooo happy that they didn't do the 'mega fart' thing as his FS. I'd like all the farting to be kept to as much of a minimum as possible :p As it is I hope his B-move fart won't be too annoying/juvenile. (Don't get me wrong though, I do love me some Wario)

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
But Falcon's not going anywhere, anyway, and neither is Luigi. Jigglypuff and Ness are more fearful matters. >_>

Unfortunately, I think Ness is in more danger than Jigglypuff. Remember the David Hayter interview and believe.

I fear for Ness.

Sciz said:
Would've been nice to see the Wario Land hats and transformations worked in somehow, but I can be happy with Wario-Man too.

I agree. My main concern with Wario has always been that Sakurai was focusing too much on his WarioWare persona and that material wouldn't be used from the Wario Land games. My reason for asking if Wario Man was from Master of Disguise was to see if Sakurai had used an aspect of Wario not from WarioWare.

So far all we have is his classic shoulder dash. :/

Hoping for more Characters is a double-edged sword, because that creates another potential Final Smash update.

Wario's Final Smash is cool, of course the first thing I'll do is pull out the motorcycle. :D

Jiggy

I think I figured out a big part of why Novembust has been so Novembustish.

Character profiles: 0
Final smashes: 5
Special moves: 2
Stages: 1
Assist trophies: 2
Items: 2
Poke Balls: 0
How to play: 5
Game modes: 5
Story mode: 1
Music: 3

We're entirely loaded to the brim with updates spread mostly over just a few types. Redundancy is a severe problem here...

Sciz

suaveric said:
so what happened to the atomic fart? that had to be his original final smash, right? hasn't everything else seen in that initial video come to pass other than this?

We've known that it was a special move since June.

wario_070629e-l.jpg

I can't figure out why everyone expected it to be cloned for his FS.

GhaleonQ

Iam Canadian said:
I agree. My main concern with Wario has always been that Sakurai was focusing too much on his WarioWare persona and that material wouldn't be used from the Wario Land games. My reason for asking if Wario Man was from Master of Disguise was to see if Sakurai had used an aspect of Wario not from WarioWare.

So far all we have is his classic shoulder dash. :/

Yeah. At first, I thought that it was completely reasonable to pick 1 facet of a character, but Yoshi's Final Smash ruined the persona that they had picked for him until then. I'm not sure why Wario Land Wario is being neglected.

Jiggy

Keru_Shiri said:
Wario's Final Smash is cool, of course the first thing I'll do is pull out the motorcycle.
I'll pull out the motorcycle immediately as well.
in Shadow Moses Island, where the walls will save me
. >_> Or possibly Bridge of Eldin, if that thing's as long as the players of the demo have made it out to be.

KevinCow

Banned
You know, as much as I love the Wario Land games (and I do love the Wario Land games; some of the best 2D platformers I've played, and platformers are my favorite genre), and despite my lack of care for the Wario Ware games these days (got tired of them after Twisted, really), I don't really have a problem with most of the Wario stuff being taken from the Wario Ware games. Not sure why that is.

And off topic, but I do hope we see a Wario Land 5 at some point. I haven't played Master of Disguise, but I hear it wasn't all that good.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Jiggy37 said:

We're entirely loaded to the brim with updates spread mostly over just a few types. Redundancy is a severe problem here...

Good point. Somehow, getting a couple more items and assist trophies seems like it would have improved November. It's been a nice month for music, though.

m00

Iam Canadian said:
I want to believe so badly, but it's getting so hard. ;_;

I'm having a crisis of faith, GAF!
Well, we will be getting an awesome Zelda-related post soon. If Zelda still transforms into Sheik, we'll see the new Brawlified Sheik as a veteran starter (awesome); if Zelda is a normal solo character, she and Sheik will have at least one more special move each and possibly be improved in other ways as well (awesome); and if neither of the above is the case, then Zelda has a new tag-team partner (Midna-ton).

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
CreatureX3 said:
I want new pokemon revealed!

Honestly, I agree. Knowing that Dunsparce or whatever was in the game would have been more interesting than "finding out" about Training mode. Or about how to grab and throw.

justchris

Ehhhh, not really a fan of Wario, so this update doesn't interest me. But a Final Smash is better than a lot of the alternatives. I'll take it, especially if it makes him faster.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Jiggy37 said:

You know, just because you said that we're going to get pokeball updates for the next two days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom