• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
I don't know, my gut is telling me we're getting a veteran's special moves.
Now that you mention it, the only special moves updates possible right now (i.e. barring a newcomer being revealed) all belong to veterans...

Edit: On the bright side, most of them haven't significantly changed from what we know, so I'd kind of call them unlikely to get updates. Kirby's hammer changed a bit, but that's probably all. I can't remember if Pikachu was playable at E For All, but can't see much change there either. Nobody said Samus changed. Bowser just has a different forward B. (Then again, Mario only has a different down B and he got his update... ) Can't imagine DK changing. Yoshi's eggs work differently. Peach's forward B works differently but that's it. Ice Climbers, who knows.

I think Zelda's probably the one we all want to see. Even if Sakurai doesn't say a thing about her down B, I'm at least curious enough whether they kept the OoT-themed set of Din's Fire (which sucked anyway), Nayru's Love (which also sucked), and Farore's Wind (awesome).

Jiggy

Shinobix said:
While Sakurai updates out beloved Dojo, you should really comment about this topic.
If you're planning on hoarding copies of Brawl for the future, at least wait until the game drops down to $30 in like May 2011.

It’s the return of Events! This is a single-player mode in which you battle through predetermined situations.

various16_071129a-l.jpg

This is the Events selection screen.

Oh! The pictures make it easy to understand.

various16_071129b-l.jpg

And it has different difficulty settings!

For these, a harder setting is probably more exciting, but you can go ahead and set it however you like.

For example, you’ll find these kinds of situations:

Two Trouble Kings

various16_071129c-l.jpg

Character: Mario

Bowser and King Dedede battle as a team!
And Mario stands alone against them.

Pink Ball Repulsion

various16_071129d-l.jpg

Character: Meta Knight

Kirby must not be allowed on the Battleship Halberd!
Blast Kirby off before the platform lands on the Halberd!

Cleaning House in Skyworld

various16_071129e-l.jpg

Character: Pit

Destroy all the terrain in Skyworld!
Wario both gets in the way and helps out?

Sleeping in the Eggs

various16_071129f-l.jpg

Character: Yoshi

Using Yoshi’s Egg Lay standard special move,
put both enemies inside eggs simultaneously!

Dark Link Duel

various16_071129g-l.jpg

Character: Link

It’s a fated battle with your own shadow.
This is a stamina based match.

Jiggy

Just confirming events alone would have made this a million times better than most of Novembust. But different difficulties too? Good. Good. :D

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I wouldn't say this redeems Novembust, but it's definitely a step up from the dregs we've been getting as of late.

Three difficulties for each Event...excellent.

DaMainman

It’s the return of Events! This is a single-player mode in which you battle through predetermined situations.

various16_071129a-l.jpg

This is the Events selection screen.

Oh! The pictures make it easy to understand.

various16_071129b-l.jpg

And it has different difficulty settings!

For these, a harder setting is probably more exciting, but you can go ahead and set it however you like.

For example, you’ll find these kinds of situations:

Two Trouble Kings

various16_071129c-l.jpg

Character: Mario

Bowser and King Dedede battle as a team!
And Mario stands alone against them.

Pink Ball Repulsion

various16_071129d-l.jpg

Character: Meta Knight

Kirby must not be allowed on the Battleship Halberd!
Blast Kirby off before the platform lands on the Halberd!

Cleaning House in Skyworld

various16_071129e-l.jpg

Character: Pit

Destroy all the terrain in Skyworld!
Wario both gets in the way and helps out?

Sleeping in the Eggs

various16_071129f-l.jpg

Character: Yoshi

Using Yoshi’s Egg Lay standard special move,
put both enemies inside eggs simultaneously!

Dark Link Duel

various16_071129g-l.jpg

Character: Link

It’s a fated battle with your own shadow.
This is a stamina-based match.

High scores are recorded for each challenge at each difficulty level. You don’t just clear these challenges – competing for time will magnify the fun.

Enjoy Smash’s chance meetings between a variety of characters!

Jiggy

Cyan said:
I was slightly worried these would be gone. Don't know why, now that I think about it.
When things are awesome, I find that sometimes I worry they'll be gone no matter how irrational it is to think so. >_>

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
So does appearing in the very first event more or less confirm Dedede as default?
I'm thinking either that or the first character you unlock, by beating said event.

Edit: Maybe I'm just in shock that they would really go and make the full Kirby trio default characters, though. Meta Knight's event is the third one, too...

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
I'm thinking either that or the first character you unlock, by beating said event.

This is definitely a possibility, but I'm a bit skeptical that they'd give you a secret character for beating the very first event. Especially if it's as easy as Trouble King was in Melee.

Insaniac

Nick was right about his prediction. I predicted events a couple nights ago. Meh

New thread title: Smash bros Brawl Dojo official Update Thread - Easy to understand!

Jiggy

You know, the text shown for that first event makes me hope that some of Sakurai's Dojo-style writing can shine through to Brawl itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom