• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jiggy37 said:
I'll have it tomorrow morning. >_>

Ranking the good ones would be easy compared to the arduous task of comparing one shitty update to another. I happen to like "Bonsly" but how much more or less important is it than "Charged Special Moves?"

teddyboi

Banned
Man God said:
Ranking the good ones would be easy compared to the arduous task of comparing one shitty update to another. I happen to like "Bonsly" but how much more or less important is it than "Charged Special Moves?"

You can make all of the shit updates tied for last. Makes things a lot easier.

Jiggy

Man God said:
Pretty much. Banana Peels vs. Bumper vs. Meowth vs. Grab and Throw, go. :(

Snake Codec conversations have by far been the best update for me. Nothing like combining my love of Smash Bros with the nostalgia of the MGS1 codec conversations. That was a truly brilliant move on Sakurai's part.

You know, even though we're in a rut of horrible updates, don't forget how completely amazing this game is going to be. The sheer amount of replayability and fanservice going into this game is unlike anything I've ever seen before. I bought a Wii almost exclusively for this game and no amount of lame updates between now and February the tenth is going to make this game any less amazing than it's already going to be.

I'm gonna predict a stage for tonight, it seems like we're overdue for a good stage.

Jiggy

BuddhaRockstar said:
You know, even though we're in a rut of horrible updates, don't forget how completely amazing this game is going to be. The sheer amount of replayability and fanservice going into this game is unlike anything I've ever seen before. I bought a Wii almost exclusively for this game and no amount of lame updates between now and February the tenth is going to make this game any less amazing than it's already going to be.
Absolutely. :D Even though I criticize Wii at times and say DS is the better Nintendo system, etc., Brawl is still going to almost certainly be my favorite game ever.

Has there been a dojo update for the versus mode option? Like turning off certain items, and picking which stages are or are not included in the random stage selector.

If not, then thats my prediction.

I'm going to say that there will be no character updates whatsoever until after the 15th at the earliest. If the Coro Coro thing is happening, then Sakurai isn't going to reveal anything that would scoop them. It would be a bad press relations move on his part to undercut their big reveal, and I'm willing to bet that Captain Falcon is the only starter left to be revealed, and he's not going to start revealing unlockable characters for a long while.

Duderz

Banned
Even though I pretty much agree with the person that said we're probably done with really good updates until next year, I'm still stubbornly sticking with Captain Falcon.

various18_071112a-l.jpg

This is the main menu!

Here you can find these six areas.

Group
Solo
Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
Vault
Options
Data
Today, I’m going to introduce Options.

various18_071112b-l.jpg

All options are colored purple.

<Deflicker>

various18_071112c-l.jpg

Choose between graphics that are razor sharp or nice and smooth.

This is... Well, it’s sort of hard to explain using only static shots, but try toggling it on and off on your own TV. Play with the setting that fits your taste.

<Rumble>

various18_071112d-l.jpg

Set rumble separately for Gamecube Controllers and Wii Remotes.

Toggle the proverbial buzz-buzz on your controllers on and off.

Just remember, the Classic Controller doesn’t have rumble, so don’t get too carried away.

You can also set rumble preferences for each logged name.

<Sound>

various18_071112e-l.jpg

The slider goes left and right.

You can use this to adjust the balance between the game’s music and sound effects.

Oh, a sound test is also available from the first time you power the game on!

various18_071112f-l.jpg

Flip through by title or category.

There’s quite a few songs available, so I’ve decided to also divide things up by category this time.

various18_071112g-l.jpg

You mean I can listen to sound effects from my favorite character all I want?

<Erase Data>

various18_071112h-l.jpg

This is by far the most dangerous of the option modes.

Yeaaah... Don’t fiddle around with these options.

I mean it now. Don’t mess around on this screen.

Seriously now. I’m not playing here.

And that’s not all.

Screen

various18_071112i-l.jpg

Controls

various18_071112j-l.jpg

My Music

various18_071112k-l.jpg

For more about these three, you can go over and check out their individual pages.

Each of these modes is designed to let you tweak the game to match your own preferences, but obviously you don’t have to mess around with these options if you don’t feel like it.

Relax and enjoy.

KevinCow

Banned
My top ten updates would have to be:

1 - Diddy Kong, the most badassiest badass in all of video games.

2 - Sonic, I must've watched that video five zillion times by now.

3 - Subspace Emissary, basically what I imagined Adventure Mode would be in SSBM when I heard about it, but I wound up kinda disappointed. I'd given up hope of a mode like this.

4 - Assist trophies, because it gives me hope to see characters that had absolutely no chance of making the cut.

5 - Stage Builder, mainly because of the daily update thing.

6 - My Music, because one of my biggest gripes of the last games was that they had some questionable music choices. Like Metroid and Donkey Kong, two franchises full of great music, only had two themes each represented between SSB64 and SSBM.

7 - Pokemon Trainer, mainly because I've wanted playable Charizard since SSB64 and was disappointed as hell to find out that the only Pokemon besides Pikachu was Jigglypuff.

8 - King Dedede, because I've wanted him as well since SSB64, and was afraid that they'd chosen to have Meta Knight instead.

9 - Ice Climbers, because I figured my favorite little Eskimo dudes wouldn't make the cut because silly people were under the false impression that they're not awesome.

10 - Donkey Kong Makes His Stand, because Diddy Kong had a chance to display awesomeness of epic magnitude.

two awesome things about this update:

1) sound test from the start, awesome because this game has awesome music.

2) option to make the game more smooth or sharp depending on your taste, very nice feature for HDTV users like myself.

awesome update.

teddyboi

Banned
Linkzg said:

2) option to make the game more smooth or sharp depending on your taste, very nice feature for HDTV users like myself.

awesome update.

Wow, your standards have dropped guy.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
The default sound test is easily the best part of this update, except for maybe Sakurai's attitude regarding the erase data menu.

Too bad the music came from the franchise I least wanted to see music from. It's still not bad, though.

Firestorm

Not half bad.

Woah at music change in the song.

I swear I'm going to be able to navigate the menus with my eyes closed even before the game comes out :lol

He introuduced just one of these menu modes (which is options). At least we know what to expect since he will likely continue introducing said modes each day.

Leezard

Linkzg said:

awesome update.

Agreed. Especially number 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom