• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chumly

Hey at least its a double update which is nice. The options menu is interesting. Awesome that we get sound test from the start. Im assuming this game will have awesome stat tracking from the looks of it. :D

Jiggy

I have to say this is actually a great update. It's really in-depth, shows the wild battle music from Ruby/Sapphire as a selection (edit: and I missed The Roost!), reveals that sound test is open from the start, deflicker is a great option, and I welcome music samples every time they appear. :D

Stuneseht

I personally have no problem with these updates, but the sad thing is,
these 'how to play' updates or 'option' updates should have been released closer to the release date.
Releasing these kinds of updates at this time, really looks like their grasping for straws:lol

But the deflicker isn't new; it was in Melee. Nothing to get excited about here. Crap update again. You can pretty much tell he's prolonging the updates due to the delay.

KevinCow

Banned
Nice music. I bet when the guitar comes in is when it starts sliding down the mountain, and when it slows down is when it lands in the water. Should be interesting.

Akinola

Nice music is niiiice.

Is that update on the character reveal in some sort of magazine supposed to be this week, hmmmm?

teddyboi

Banned
They are grasping for straws. Soon we're going to have updates saying "Smash Bros. is X amount of days from release." Count on that.

Chumly

Firestorm said:
Sooo speculation on Vault?
So would it be

P1 High Score - Class and Event maybe stadium games?
Brawl Records - Stats of kills and stuff like in melee
Adventure - Obviously adventure stuff
Vault Data - Trophies, Stickers, and CDs maybe?

My only concern about the song is how fast the changes are... Just like that Fire Emblem stage. I mean I understand the quick form changes in the Warioware stage, but I was hoping these bigger stages would have more time between each tier.

Have we already addressed the issue in this thread about how very MIDI all the music sounds (yeah, I know it is MIDI, thats why it sounds that way) and how it sounds pretty cheesy like that?

Sorry to ask, I haven't been keeping close watch on this thread at all.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Chumly said:
So would it be

P1 High Score - Class and Event maybe stadium games?
Brawl Records - Stats of kills and stuff like in melee
Adventure - Obviously adventure stuff
Vault Data - Trophies, Stickers, and CDs maybe?

High scores will probably be in the Data menu, ditto for Brawl records.

Adventure mode "stuff" (which is kind of vague) will probably be under Data or Solo play.

HURGHT

RoboPlato said:
Deflicker is a great option, I'll have to see what looks best for me. Should be a huge help to HDTV users.
It really is, I mean, I use this option playing melee on my wii over component to my plasma set with the flickering on. It really helps to smooth out some of the edges and just reduce eye-strain.

Edag Plata said:
Have we already addressed the issue in this thread about how very MIDI all the music sounds (yeah, I know it is MIDI, thats why it sounds that way) and how it sounds pretty cheesy like that?

Sorry to ask, I haven't been keeping close watch on this thread at all.

Yep pretty much every music update this point gets brought up. Either they're hiding the real tracks, or they're focusing on quantity over quality. All signs are pointing to the latter.

1. So, this was a day with four new songs updated then? Cool.

I was about to say "expecting Resetti's song", but figured that it would play when he pops up.

So I'm expecting a rock anthem version of all the Animal Crossing overworld songs, and then have a killer guitar solo bee music at the end.

2. It'd be awesome if they revealed the Vault and it had three options - Trophies, Stickers, and a blurred out icon.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Oh man I was totally right about the fact that we actually saw the main menu screen a few days ago in the "With Anyone/Basic Brawl" update!

So... yeah, I really don't feel like I have much to comment on. :/ I wonder how soon we'll get the "Vault" update... should be a tad more interesting. (Assuming it includes some surprise in addition to the 'stickers' and 'trophys' menus)

Jiggy

-By the official count, December 12th brings the Dojo's 25th double+ update. Good stuff, good stuff. (Usual disclaimers: "official" means stuff like Lakitu and replays and the US-only delay notice are disregarded; "double+" means triple updates are included in this count.)

-Game modes advance to 23 updates and are finally tied with character profiles for the most common type on the Dojo! :eek:

-Each of the most recent three weeks has had two game modes. Of the past five weeks, four have had two game modes each. And of the past seven, five have had two game modes each. Yes, this goes as far back as Stage Builder followed up by Classic Mode.

-Music moves to 19 updates (counting Hyrule Temple and Cooking Navi), tying final smashes for third-most-common while beating out stages and how to play.

-The Ice Climbers series (well, not much of a series :p) hits 4 updates, tying Yoshi and Animal Crossing while surpassing Sonic.

-Remaining series without playable music on the Dojo are F-Zero, Mario, Mother, Nintendo DS, and Sonic. And symbols 13 and 19, of course.

-34 days of updates without a character, 31 until the Japanese release date.

BuddhaRockstar said:
Yep pretty much every music update this point gets brought up. Either they're hiding the real tracks, or they're focusing on quantity over quality. All signs are pointing to the latter.

Yeah, sorry to bring it up again, I mean, some tracks sound better MIDI and electronic sounding, but this is the perfect game for orchestral arrangements of the famous themes. It didn't sound nearly as MIDI in Melee, did it?

I guess we've just been spoiled by Galaxy.

Sciz

Awesome update for the music, stealth music confirmations, and sound test. Can't wait to hear the R/S battle remix. :D

Gaborn

Jiggy37 said:
-Game modes advance to 23 updates and are finally tied with character profiles for the most common type on the Dojo! :eek:

-Each of the most recent three weeks has had two game modes. Of the past five weeks, four have had two game modes each. And of the past seven, five have had two game modes each. Yes, this goes as far back as Stage Builder followed up by Classic Mode.

-Music moves to 19 updates (counting Hyrule Temple and Cooking Navi), tying final smashes for third-most-common while beating out stages and how to play.

-The Ice Climbers series (well, not much of a series :p) hits 4 updates, tying Yoshi and Animal Crossing while surpassing Sonic.

-Remaining series without playable music on the Dojo are F-Zero, Mario, Mother, Nintendo DS, and Sonic. And symbols 13 and 19, of course.

-34 days of updates without a character, 31 until the Japanese release date.

You forgot the double update count. (not that you have to do them, I'm just used to seeing it as one of your stats on these days)

Jiggy

Hey guys. Guess whose theory about vocals held up?

May - no songs at all
June - three songs, one with vocals (Yoshi's Story)
July - one song
August - two songs, one with vocals (Go K.K. Rider!)
September - three songs, one with vocals (SSBB Main Theme)
October - two songs when counting the Japanese Dojo, one with vocals (Ashley's Theme)
November - four songs, one with vocals (Fire Emblem Theme)
December - one song so far two songs, one with vocals (Ice Climbers)

:D Well, if you count those little opening talk sections as vocals, anyway. [Edit: Maybe more like "verbals." >_>]

Gaborn said:
You forgot the double update count. (not that you have to do them, I'm just used to seeing it as one of your stats on these days)
You're right, so much other information to cram in there that I forgot. D: Going back to edit now.

I wonder how big is the soundtrack going to be, and how will someone know if all possible songs are unlocked.

Doing a soundtrack rip is going to be insane for this game.

Economan

gamemode-1.jpg

Jiggy

Just noticed something.

various18_071112b-l.jpg

We've had more than enough Wii remote elitists hating on the GC controller being used so frequently in screenshots. Is it time for the GC controller elitists to rise up and attack the remote logo and D-pad graphics being used in the options menu?

Iam Canadian

I have a feeling that the My Music selections for the Ice Climber stages (and maybe Kid Icarus ones too) are going to consist not just of Ice Climber/Kid Icarus songs, but also songs based on classic NES titles. I mean, the Ice Climbers music today pretty much has every bit of Ice Climber-related music incorporated into it and I'm not sure that Kid Icarus has much more. Maybe this is we'll see songs from the really obscure stuff like "X". Maybe a Balloon Fight song too.

KevinCow

Banned
Rentahamster said:
That's some sweet ass-music for the Ice Climbers right there! I just hope the Brawl IC stage is more fun than the Melee one.
Have you seen it? It looks pretty sweet.

Iam Canadian said:
I have a feeling that the My Music selections for the Ice Climber stages (and maybe Kid Icarus ones too) are going to consist not just of Ice Climber/Kid Icarus songs, but also songs based on classic NES titles. I mean, the Ice Climbers music today pretty much has every bit of Ice Climber-related music incorporated into it and I'm not sure that Kid Icarus has much more. Maybe this is we'll see songs from the really obscure stuff like "X". Maybe a Balloon Fight song too.
That's what I've figured for a while now, since the Balloon Fight music is the alternate music for their level in Melee.

Kid Icarus, though, I think the series has enough music to make a few tracks. The one song we have is the title theme and the first level. There's still the dungeon music and three more levels, plus credits. Plus any music from the Game Boy sequel that nobody realizes exists.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Iam Canadian said:

Umm KI songs would play on KI stages, not IC stages.

Firestorm

Game Modes were my favourite updates before half of them were lame. But they're still awesome compared to items, pokeballs, assist trophies, final smashes, or how to play.

Iam Canadian

HK-47 said:
Umm KI songs would play on KI stages, not IC stages.

Yes, I know that. I think that both the Ice Climber and Kid Icarus stages would have songs not necessarily related to their respective series due to a lack of source materials, not that music from Ice Climbers would play on Icarus stages or vice-versa. >_>

What the hell is being said by the annoying girl at the beginning of that song?

Edit:
Iam Canadian said:
Yes, I know that. I think that both the Ice Climber and Kid Icarus stages would have songs not necessarily related to their respective series due to a lack of source materials, not that music from Ice Climbers would play on Icarus stages or vice-versa. >_>

Kid Icarus has plenty of awesome songs to put in Pit's stage.

In fact he should have two stages just for the sake of including more awesome Kid Icarus songs, and an Eggplant Wizard hazard.

Jiggy

I'm honestly surprised there are some people not liking this update. It's been one of the better game modes, certainly way ahead of the likes of Handicaps, Classic Mode, Training, Tourney, and Trophies. Then again, considering that 16 of the 23 game modes appeared within the last two months day-and-date (as in, beginning October 12th, and counting replays), I guess I can see how burned out we'd be.

On another note, I really, really like this music even though I kind of hated the actual Ice Climbers game. Good stuff.

KevinCow said:
But then I wouldn't be able to fight because I'd be too busy singing along. :(
I don't know. I find that inserting lyrics into the instrumental version of Pollyanna in SSBM tends to help me win more than lose. >_>

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
On another note, I really, really like this music even though I kind of hated the actual Ice Climbers game. Good stuff.

Did anyone like Ice Climber? >_>

Jiggy37 said:
I don't know. I find that inserting lyrics into the instrumental version of Pollyanna in SSBM tends to help me win more than lose. >_>

It's because you still believe in miracles, you swear you've seen a few. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom