• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
My Top 10 Updates:

10. Ice Climbers return
9. Lucas
8. King Dedede
7. Composer List
6. Stage Builder
5. Subspace Emissary
4. Control modes
3. Sonic
2. Wi-Fi Play
WRECKING CREW GOLDEN HAMMER

rhino4evr

I can't believe some of you actually think the options screen is a "good" update. It's obvious this blog was only supposed to go until December, now he's just doing the best he can to spread out the updates. When you buy a game, do you go directly to the options screen to admire it? I didn't think so. More characters please. It's obvious there are still a few not announced, I mean where the hell is Luigi?

If I were him, I just blow out the rest of the updates and then close the blog early. The last two weeks have been nothing but boring, who cares updates.

Tim-E

rhino4evr said:
I can't believe some of you actually think the options screen is a "good" update. It's obvious this blog was only supposed to go until December, now he's just doing the best he can to spread out the updates. When you buy a game, do you go directly to the options screen to admire it? I didn't think so. More characters please. It's obvious there are still a few not announced, I mean where the hell is Luigi?

If I were him, I just blow out the rest of the updates and then close the blog early. The last two weeks have been nothing but boring, who cares updates.

Oh yeah? Well I think YOU'RE a boring update.

Linkhero1

Vault will contain stickers, trophies and something else probably. Even though last nights update was a double update I still feel disappointed, but you can't blame Sakurai that the final starter list is almost complete. When is that Japanese magazine going to reveal the final starters list?

rhino4evr said:
When you buy a game, do you go directly to the options screen to admire it? I didn't think so.
When this game arrives, first thing I'm doing is going to the options screen just to piss you off. And to play with the deflicker.

It's obvious there are still a few not announced, I mean where the hell is Luigi?
He won't be announced.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Touchdown said:
What has been everyone's favorite/omg/sakurai have my kids!! update so far? There have been a few for me so far but I would have to say the number 1 update was the confirmation of online play.(as limited as it may be). Just the idea that I'll be able to play my friends/family when were not together is great! Ughh....two more months, the wait is killing me!!!!
The wifi update was great, but I wasnt so surprised when i saw it because I was expecting it to be in the game.

Sonic was a huge update for me. Most people believed that he would be in the game, but I thought it was just wishful thinking. I thought just because snake was annouced for brawl didnt mean that we would get any 3rd part characters, but i was wrong about that. Now I think we might even get one more 3rd party character.

NeonZ

I can't believe some of you actually think the options screen is a "good" update. It's obvious this blog was only supposed to go until December, now he's just doing the best he can to spread out the updates.

The only thing "obvious" here is that you're making a mistaken baseless assumption. You might not like the blog or the updates recently, but the kind of information in this specific update isn't really unexpected.

See this:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/1120/index.html

and this:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/1130/index.html

The Melee site didn't have daily updates or any reason to try prolonging itself more than necessary, but it still had updates like today's (options) and a "menu tree" update (which still hasn't happened, but probably will come eventually).

rhino4evr said:
When you buy a game, do you go directly to the options screen to admire it? I didn't think so.

This is Smash Bros. For the first time in the series the Sound Test is available right away. Which means, I'm going to rip this soundtrack until I can buy it. In other words, this is fucking awesome.

Oh, and Pokémon stralth music updates, too. Hopefully we'll get the VS Champion Blue theme from RBY and the final battle from D/P (if they threw the awesome piano intro in there I would probably faint).

NTom64

Holy Order Sol said:
This is Smash Bros. For the first time in the series the Sound Test is available right away. Which means, I'm going to rip this soundtrack until I can buy it. In other words, this is fucking awesome.

Oh, and Pokémon stralth music updates, too. Hopefully we'll get the VS Champion Blue theme from RBY and the final battle from D/P (if they threw the awesome piano intro in there I would probably faint).

Hopefully that's in the Pokemon Trainers story in the SSE :D

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
So what the heck is up with the circle-y design that is in the background of almost every single menu in the game? O_O At first I was hoping it was animated and moved around or something but it doesn't seem to. Hmmm

Cynar

NTom64 said:
Hopefully that's in the Pokemon Trainers story in the SSE :D

From what we've seen it's just one story with all the characters interacting in some way and you choose different ones as you move along.

NTom64

Cynar said:
From what we've seen it's just one story with all the characters interacting in some way and you choose different ones as you move along.

Yeah, it's one story - from many points of view. I'd be reaaaaaaaly surprised if they didn't let you choose your character, when you could in Melee's Adventure mode :lol

If you think about it (not sure this reference is the best thing but w/e), it's kind of like the story in Sonic Adventure. Each character has their own story which connects with the other characters story in some way, shape or form - yet they all end the same way
i.e in "Last" when you defeat Perfect Chaos

In any case, I'm looking forward to it :D

rhino4evr

NeonZ said:
The only thing "obvious" here is that you're making a mistaken baseless assumption. You might not like the blog or the updates recently, but the kind of information in this specific update isn't really unexpected.

See this:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/1120/index.html

and this:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/1130/index.html

The Melee site didn't have daily updates or any reason to try prolonging itself more than necessary, but it still had updates like today's (options) and a "menu tree" update (which still hasn't happened, but probably will come eventually).

Just because the other games had similar updates, does not mean the options update is exempt from being lame.

Don't get me wrong, I love the blog. It's the first place I go when I wake up in the morning, but ever since Sonic was revealed it's all gone down hill. Every morning I wake up and sigh...if only this game wasn't delayed I could be playing this right now instead of reading about the options screen.

Jiggy

You know, I actually went through and ranked all 177 updates so far within lists of their own type like I said I would. The only problem? I hit preview and realized the thing was so enormous and wall-of-textish I'd probably get banned for posting it. >_>

I think I'll just tack individual sections on to the end of my statistics lists as trivia bits when there's not much else to talk about. (e.g. When there's an update not affiliated with a franchise and that doesn't change the five least recent types.)

Twig

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
Megaton: Not everyone is a whiny bitch
Seriously, it's fucking ridiculous.

I enjoyed this update (moozak!) but actually lol'd when I saw "Options", because I knew there'd be more bitching from people in this thread.

Good times. Gooooood times.

Oh, also, the menu looks SO FRESH AND SO CLEAN CLEAN.

Firestorm

Holy Order Sol said:

You probably won't get all the soundtracks in Sound Test until you unlock it.

NeonZ

Just because the other games had similar updates, does not mean the options update is exempt from being lame.

I wasn't talking about its quality or lack of, just making a comment about this part of your post:

It's obvious this blog was only supposed to go until December, now he's just doing the best he can to spread out the updates.

Sakurai made an update about the options in his Melee site, which wasn't updated daily and was less detailed than the Brawl one, so an update focused on Brawl's options isn't really unexpected.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Son of Godzilla said:
Man that IC song is easily the worst yet.

Eh, I think it's better than both the Donkey Kong song and the X song.

Jiggy37 said:
You know, I actually went through and ranked all 177 updates so far within lists of their own type like I said I would. The only problem? I hit preview and realized the thing was so enormous and wall-of-textish I'd probably get banned for posting it. >_>

I think I'll just tack individual sections on to the end of my statistics lists as trivia bits when there's not much else to talk about. (e.g. When there's an update not affiliated with a franchise and that doesn't change the five least recent types.)

Okay, there's no way around it anymore. The Smash Bros. Dojo has destroyed your sanity.

Insaniac

My speculation on Vault: The vault will contain viewing of trophies, stickers, and the gambling machine for trophies. Some unlockables will be obtained via playing the game, like SSBM, some will be "bought" similar to what games? Think of several other games... Kirby Canvas Curse (not sure if sakurai actually worked on this one) and Meteos. Maybe the coins from SP will have more purpose.

Fireblend

Banned
You know, I find it weird that most music updates are doubled with some other update, almost as if Sakurai though music updates were crappy and he had to make up for it with something else, while he always seems pretty excited to show us a new pokemon/item/menu screen and be done with it. I think this update is awesome simply because of the new track. This game's soundtrack is gonna be amazing.

Jiggy37 said:

Post it in sections! You will not get banned because you are on topic. You are discussing the official updates from the Dojo. :D

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
TheOneGuy said:
Seriously, it's fucking ridiculous.

I enjoyed this update (moozak!) but actually lol'd when I saw "Options", because I knew there'd be more bitching from people in this thread.

It almost seems like we have as many people bitching about others bitching as we have people bitching in the first place. :p (Yes, I realize at this point I am bitching about people bitching about people bitching... o_O But still...)

If you ask me this thread tends to me more fair and objective about the updates than the majority of the forums I browse. Sure there are plenty of posts that offer nothing but whines, but it only takes like 2 seconds to skim past those... not worth the energy to complain about IMO.

Iam Canadian said:
They're testing the game online.

Those lucky jerks.

I am so jealous it hurts :(

Firestorm said:
You probably won't get all the soundtracks in Sound Test until you unlock it.

I expect to have the default songs for each default stage at least, that's what I meant. Obviously, I'll have to collect all of the CDs.

I predict a megaton for my birthday tomorrow.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Holy Order Sol said:
I expect to have the default songs for each default stage at least, that's what I meant. Obviously, I'll have to collect all of the CDs.

I predict the Knee in your honor, good sir.

Soccer Ball

rhino4evr

Holy Order Sol said:

Update: The Home Button

See that tiny button that looks like a house? If you press it, a menu pops up, and it even pauses the game!! From here you can decide to reset the game or return to the Wii Menu!! Make sure you have saved your progress!!!!

Holy Order Sol said:

Hey, it's my birthday tomorrow, too.

hi5.

Kjellson said:
I so badly want to try Pokémon Trainer.
That's the character I'm looking forward to trying out the most. I've been hoping for a playble Charizard since day 1 of the N64 days (and I know I'm not the only one).

TreIII

Kjellson said:
I so badly want to try Pokémon Trainer.

He's second, in my eyes.

As of right now, the character I most want to try out is King Dedede. But if Ridley and/or Lucario are confirmed, then it will probably be amongst those two...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think I'm going to try Metaknight first. He sounds like he's easy to get a grasp of and I want to try a new character right off the bat. Plus, I'm seem to be a lot better with swordfighters for some reason and it'll be cool to test out the new glide mechanic.

Fireblend

Banned
Unless some crazy new character gets announced, I'm gonna be playing as Lucas first, although Sonic and Meta Knight look pretty good. Hopefully he won't suck like Ness did on Melee.

Jiggy

Always started with Kirby, always will.
On another note, why do we not have our CoroCoro news yet? :( Frothing demand, do want, etc.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Jiggy37 said:
On another note, why do we not have our CoroCoro news yet? :( Frothing demand, do want, etc.
Well, it's only 8:30 AM Japan time so there is a chance that it could be coming tonight.

Jiggy37 said:

I'm a bit shaky on this as I've been studying for the GRE again, but I thought this was coming this weekend?

Sciz

Sonic vs. Mario on Battlefield. I have a 16-year rivalry to settle and even the allure of SSE can't drag me away from that.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
crowphoenix said:
I'm a bit shaky on this as I've been studying for the GRE again, but I thought this was coming this weekend?
Hits newstands Saturday in Japan but the news will most likely get out before then.

Jiggy

Right, right. We need leaks and we need them now! Even the most cynical would forget Novembust in a second if we truly got the full roster.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Jiggy37 said:
Right, right. We need leaks and we need them now! Even the most cynical would forget Novembust in a second if we truly got the full roster.
The most I'm hoping for is a character count or some hints at other characters. We need some more concrete info for speculation.

Jiggy37 said:

Ah! Leaks! I like leaks. I hope we get some of them. I need something to take my mind off my worries over mucking the GRE up again.

Burai

shitonmychest57
BGBW said:
A PLUS B you mean!

Sorry man, I'm trying to keep my expectations in check. To press A would be amazing. To press A+B... together... man, that would be every Smash Bros fans dream come true.

Like I say, I'm trying to keep my expectations in check but if you're right... Jesus, it would bring a whole new meaning to the word "megaton".

I am still holding on the theory that the default roster will only have one more character and it will be a newcomer.

I base this idea almost entirely off this page.

To throw some fuel on the fire, I'll also theorize it's Krystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom