• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I think it's pretty obvious by this point who I'm starting with: Lucas.

Though I may just do the Subspace Emissary before venturing into the other modes. If I follow that route, then I'll start with Kirby (in the opening battles with Mario and Petey Piranha) and go from there.

TreIII

flipping_heck said:
Prediction: Megaton Thursday, new character reveal, Lucario! To go alongside CoroCoro's reveal of Lucario this week! :p

Hah! Now wouldn't that be nice... :lol

Still, I'm not going to get my hopes up. Not even for this CoroCoro thing. Because 9 times out of 10, I'm willing to bet that their "disclosure" will just be basically everything we know now, in magazine form...

RedBoot

TreIII said:
Still, I'm not going to get my hopes up. Not even for this CoroCoro thing. Because 9 times out of 10, I'm willing to bet that their "disclosure" will just be basically everything we know now, in magazine form...

That's probably what is going to happen. Still, if the initial report is correct (about it being the starting lineup and their movesets) then we should at least see Zelda's moves, as well as a few moves here and there that are new (since Sakurai tends to leave one out in the moveset updates). That's all I'm really counting on right now.

Still, CoroCoro does announce a lot of Pokemon stuff, so I guess if something like Lucario was going to be revealed, it would be there. But that's almost certainly not happening.

Jiggy37 said:
Always started with Kirby, always will.
On another note, why do we not have our CoroCoro news yet? :( Frothing demand, do want, etc.
As anxious as I am to play as Charizard, tradition demands I play through the game first as Mario.

Zeed

Banned
I wonder how long they can keep going without giving us a new character (how long has it been Jiggy?).

I'm predicting a Subspace Emissary update tonight.

That or a new character.

Happy birthday in advance to all who will be celebrating it tomorrow. Hope we get something good for the occasion.

Jiggy

Zeed said:
I wonder how long they can keep going without giving us a new character (how long has it been Jiggy?).
33 days without one. :( Or, in other words, King Dedede appeared 34 update days ago.

Diablohead said:
Hey thats a thought, has there been any sonic related items shown in brawl yet? no ring or tv?

Also, 'sup ku?
We've seen something in the level editor that looks like Sonic spikes

But other than that, nothing. And even that's a stretch.

TreIII

Zeed said:

I'm predicting a Subspace Emissary update tonight.

That or a new character.

If there was going to be any new character(s) to unveil, it's more likely that CoroCoro would probably be the one to spill the beans.

And given how CoroCoro is infamous for disclosing information regarding Pokemon... (*crosses fingers for Lucario*)

But a SubSpace Emissary would be fine too. How about a new preview cutscene? Tellings us about that "power up" system? Something.....!

Jiggy

Yeah, it's been kind of overlooked, but we've gone 27 days without a Subspace Emissary update. A Rayquaza boss update would suck, I admit, since we already know it's probably going to happen, but I do want to know about that powering up thing.

Insaniac

Jiggy37 said:
Yeah, it's been kind of overlooked, but we've gone 27 days without a Subspace Emissary update. A Rayquaza boss update would suck, I admit, since we already know it's probably going to happen, but I do want to know about that powering up thing.

me too

JCX

Jiggy37 said:

I think that will mean being able to carry items with you. I thought about it possibly being able to change attack stats, but I think that would take away from the individuality of characters.

Jiggy

ShockingAlberto said:
I think Subspace is the one thing Sakurai wants to keep quiet. He's really intent on wanting people to experience that for themselves.
Well, even so...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea07.html

There’s a method for powering yourself up as needed to do battle with the Subspace Army—a method that has not been seen before.

I’ll explain this in great detail another time.
The time has come, Sakurai. :( Come on, man. Give us the goods. :(

Jiggy

I'm going with equippable items that strengthen certain types of attacks at the expense of others, e.g. special attacks get a 1.5x boost to damage but smash attacks have their knockback cut in half. Depending on what your playing style or preferred character is, you take what works. >_>

TreIII

JCX9 said:
I think that will mean being able to carry items with you. I thought about it possibly being able to change attack stats, but I think that would take away from the individuality of characters.

I dunno, I'm inclined to think of maybe he's going to use some sort of "item power-up" system. Kinda like in Musou/BASARA games (Dynasty Warriors and such), where you can take different crap with you to give you different attributes, or power you up in a more traditional fashion. But in any case, I think they would be able to keep the individuality of the characters intact, as long as they had certain "checks and balances" in place.

Like for instance, a "Metal Cap" item that might actually make you stay in permanent Metal status for the rest of the level. Sure, you won't get knocked back easily, and it may even make it so your character will get a number of "no-flinch" frames on their moves. But you'll sink like a rock, which can't possibly be good for characters like MetaKnight and Pit, who probably have a significant air game that they probably should do more to stick with. On the other hand, if you're some one like Bowser, what more could you ask for, other than something that would just do more to emphasize on what you do best?

That kind of variety was always what gave games like BASARA a nice bit of spontaneity and versatility, and I could only think that such a thing for a story mode for Smash could only provide the same type of variety and utility across the board, especially if they bothered to think it out.

I mean, how cool would it be to earn certain items, that might allow EVERY character, when equipped, to be able to wall-jump? Or always carry a Beamsaber (sacrificing their basic A strings for what the saber stands to offer)? Or something that would allow for your Smash attacks to be beefed up to such levels, that every punch you make feels like a Bob-omb on impact?

Again, if they thought it out and "truly thought of everything", as Sakurai so put it, such a thing like this could be beautiful. And since it would just be for the sake of story mode, it wouldn't have to impact Vs. mode any way...unless there was a "Special Melee" option that allowed us to import character set-ups from Subspace mode...

m00

Keru_Shiri said:
I'm betting it's a stat change, but exclusive to SSE.
Good call. Come to think of it, badge mechanics are already implemented (see Franklin badge), so it wouldn't be too far-fetched to expect some more badges that power up your character in different ways.

KevinCow

Banned
You know what I would love for an update, is just a video of a basic match. We got some videos from E for All and the press event, but they were all shitty off-screen videos where you could hardly see anything, and most of them cut off before the match was through or started halfway in or something. I don't even care if it reveals anything, I just want to see some proper videos of the game in motion.

Jiggy

I stand by my prediction of Crawling tonight, or at the very least a how to play. Whether or not I'll stand by a final smash on Friday depends on how tonight goes. >_>

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Predicting the triumphant return of the Start Screen tonight with the new and amazing feature that instead of the start button, one must press both the A and B button to begin. It will be glorious.

m00

As for a prediction, I'm predicting a Metroid series update; either Zero Suit Samus's final smash, her Subspace Emissary video, or the Metroid assist trophy.

Jiggy

Speevy said:
Tonight will be the revelation that nothing we've seen or read on Smash Dojo is in the game.
*checks for possible positives to this idea*

Hey, maybe Lyn, Saki, Deoxys, and Little Mac are playable yet! And the music stays intact.

Sciz

Predicting a Subspace Emissary video featuring Samus and the Pokemon Trainer teaming up to prevent Ganon from taking over Dream Land.

Linkhero1

I'm sticking with my original prediction, which was Megaton Newcomer update w/ final smash.

Megaton is approaching at an alarming rate!!!

KevinCow

Banned
m00 said:
As for a prediction, I'm predicting a Metroid series update; either Zero Suit Samus's final smash, her Subspace Emissary video, or the Metroid assist trophy.
Or
Omega_Ridley.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom