• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Akai said:
Here's a couple images of before the item is activated and after...It really does look like Kirby...

Um, not really. It looks more like a freaky Gordo than it does Kirby. He has no arms and I don't think any of Kirby's powers ever made him turn that shade of dark blue/black...

Jiggy

Kirby stays pink in Needle form. Maybe it's a new enemy from Subspace Emissary that can be picked up, since most of us familiar with the Kirby series noted how much some of the SE enemies resembled Kirby ones...

Took this from Gamefaqs, but apparently this guy is saying that we wont get any new info till Jan 15th. There will be cards that will have a character on the front and their special moves and FS's on the back.

Jiggy

Oh, didn't notice someone called this the worst week ever.

This week: Bonsly, Rotation, Options, Ice Climber music, Mario Circuit

Previous sets of Monday-Thursday comparable to this:

June 4th-7th - Yoshi's Story music, What is a Poke Ball, Groudon, You must recover!, Kirby, Pikachu
June 18th-21st - Link's final smash, Pikachu's final smash, Wario, Fox's moves
August 6th-9th - Smoke Ball, Ike's moves, Kid Icarus music, Pit's final smash
August 27th-30th - Superspicy Curry, Andross, Four Types of Special Moves, Pokemon Trainer's moves, Gliding
September 10th-13th - Munchlax, Lyn, Battleship Halberd, Special Brawl
September 24th-27th - Trophies, Diddy Kong's final smash, Mr. Resetti, Pokemon Trainer's final smash
November 12th-15th - Ike's final smash, Three Different Taunts, Handicaps, Meta Knight's moves, Kirby music
November 19th-22nd - Ice Climbers' final smash, Smart Bomb, Training, Color Changes, Saki
November 26th-29th - Controls, Widescreen Support, Donkey Kong music, Wario's final smash, Events
December 3rd-6th - Friend List, Returning Pokemon, Battle for the Smash Ball, X: Tunnel Scene, King Dedede's final smash

The underlined are my picks for being weaker than what we've had these past four days. Of course, I really liked the Options update, so my opinion might not be too representative of general consensus here. >_>

Are those all updates from the first four days, as your dates would indicate? If so, I'd say last week was definitely the weakest. This week isn't too bad, as the options was a decent update and Mario Kart was actually a nice surprise. Sure we knew this level existed, but it was only seen briefly in one video. It's nice to have confirmation and details.

Linkhero1

Jiggy37 said:

June 4th-7th - Yoshi's Story music, What is a Poke Ball, Groudon, You must recover!, Kirby, Pikachu
August 27th-30th - Superspicy Curry, Andross, Four Types of Special Moves, Pokemon Trainer's moves, Gliding
September 24th-27th - Trophies, Diddy Kong's final smash, Mr. Resetti, Pokemon Trainer's final smash
November 12th-15th - Ike's final smash, Three Different Taunts, Handicaps, Meta Knight's moves, Kirby music
November 19th-22nd - Ice Climbers' final smash, Smart Bomb, Training, Color Changes, Saki
November 26th-29th - Controls, Widescreen Support, Donkey Kong music, Wario's final smash, Events
December 3rd-6th - Friend List, Returning Pokemon, Battle for the Smash Ball, X: Tunnel Scene, King Dedede's final smash

The underlined are my picks for being weaker than what we've had these past four days. Of course, I really liked the Options update, so my opinion might not be too representative of general consensus here. >_>
I agree with what you say. :)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
BlueSummers said:
Took this from Gamefaqs, but apparently this guy is saying that we wont get any new info till Jan 15th. There will be cards that will have a character on the front and their special moves and FS's on the back.
The cards are apparently separate from the news story. The news story is coming out first and the cards are from the info in the news story, at least that's what I've pieced together from the fragments around the internet.

TreIII

Linkhero1 said:
Don't worry. F-Zero stuff will end up being in. I'm just hoping that they have more than one character representing the franchise.

Same here. Jody Summers and/or Zoda (if not the original StarTropics version) for Brawl, I say! :D

But really, it's looking more and more like whomever said that we won't see anything regarding the "original 4" secret characters until some time later, is right. Your personal feelings on Ness not-withstanding, I think it would be a COLD day in hell before the likes of Luigi, Falcon and even the Puff/Purin would be subtracted from the equation.

So...we just have to wait. And hope that maybe, just maybe, anything between the upcoming CoroCoro article, or future Dojo updates, will tell us more about the fate of these characters and more.

Jiggy37 said:

Am I the only one who see's nothing wrong with any of those weeks of updates?! :D

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I seem to be the only one that actually likes Assist Trophy updates. I mean, I'll take an A.T over just about anything except a character, stage, music, or some megaton game-mode (Stage Builder). They tend to be a lot more interesting than Pokemon and I like seeing how Sakurai can outdo himself in making ridiculously obscure Nintendo characters into Assists.

Plus, I really want to see a Mother Assist Trophy. As long as it's not Ness. :/

Iam Canadian said:
I seem to be the only one that actually likes Assist Trophy updates. I mean, I'll take an A.T over just about anything except a character, stage, music, or some megaton game-mode (Stage Builder). They tend to be a lot more interesting than Pokemon and I like seeing how Sakurai can outdo himself in making ridiculously obscure Nintendo characters into Assists.

I don't dislike them, and after the last month of mostly how to play updates, they'd almost be a megaton by themselves.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Iam Canadian said:

I also like the assist trophy updates. All of the AT updates have been so good. They're definately a lot more exciting than pokemon updates and most of the other updates we've had over the last month.

I'm glad there's a MGS assist trophy and its a good job they made it gray fox; but now I wish that they made him into a playable character.

Fireblend

Banned
I agree on the fact that we need more Mother/Earthbound-related updates. Music, a new stage, a couple of A.Ts wouldn't hurt. It'd be pretty cool if the original main cast of earthbound (except Ness, he should be playable) were at least A.T. trophies.

psycho_snake

Fireblend said:
I agree on the fact that we need more Mother/Earthbound-related updates. Music, a new stage, a couple of A.Ts wouldn't hurt. It'd be pretty cool if the original main cast of earthbound (except Ness, he should be playable) were at least A.T. trophies.
They might have a mother related assist trophy, but I doubt its going to be more than that. I reckon that each series will only be represented by one assist trophy.

Iam Canadian

psycho_snake said:
They might have a mother related assist trophy, but I doubt its going to be more than that. I reckon that each series will only be represented by one assist trophy.

I doubt it. I think there are going to be a lot of Assist Trophies. After all, we already know of two Assists from Mario (Hammer Bros. and Lakitu).

RedBoot

psycho_snake said:
I also like the assist trophy updates. All of the AT updates have been so good. They're definately a lot more exciting than pokemon updates and most of the other updates we've had over the last month.

I'm glad there's a MGS assist trophy and its a good job they made it gray fox; but now I wish that they made him into a playable character.

Eh, I wouldn't want to see Gray Fox as playable. I think the playable third party characters should be kept to only the most important characters. This is a Nintendo game, not a Metal Gear game. They work as assist trophies (and I'm hoping we get a few ATs from each of the guest series, along with a stage and music and the like), but if you start filling the game full of playable Metal Gear or Sonic characters, it's not a Nintendo game anymore.

psycho_snake

Iam Canadian said:
I doubt it. I think there are going to be a lot of Assist Trophies. After all, we already know of two Assists from Mario (Hammer Bros. and Lakitu).
I'd love it if we did get loads of asist trophies, but I was thinking that the number of assist trophies would be similar to the number of pokemon.

psycho_snake

RedBoot said:
Eh, I wouldn't want to see Gray Fox as playable. I think the playable third party characters should be kept to only the most important characters. This is a Nintendo game, not a Metal Gear game. They work as assist trophies (and I'm hoping we get a few ATs from each of the guest series, along with a stage and music and the like), but if you start filling the game full of playable Metal Gear or Sonic characters, it's not a Nintendo game anymore.
I dont see the harm in addint a couple more third party characters. If there were going to be loads of third party characters then I'd agree with you, but there would be nothing wrong with having four or five third partty characters whilst the other 30 or so are Nintendo characters

Milabrega

Jiggy37 said:

These are definately worse by comparison.

And Yeah Assist Trophy updates rock. Hope we get one tonight with a lot of contraversy surrounding it.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Gotta get my prediction in, since I'm about to head off to my crappy night shift job!

I base tonights prediction off of what I mentioned last night... that the Dojo has NEVER had a week of updates go by without at least one character-related ("red" color flag on the site) update.

SO tonight will finally be that Zelda Special Moves + Sheik double update! :D

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Jiggy37 said:

I highly disagree with many of these assertions. June 4th's week was cool because of the music and we got characters, even if they were already-known returners. Any character update is awesome -- maybe this is the "we haven't had a character update in 500 years" in me talking, though.

Sept. 10th had Lyn, and the Halberd, so it rocked. Special Brawl is a nice update, too. Those totally make up for Munchlax.

I agree that last week sucked hard, though.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Any update with a Character, Assist Trophy or Stage, is a good update in my book. And I like Pokeball updates too.

Jiggy

Danthrax said:
I highly disagree with many of these assertions. June 4th's week was cool because of the music and we got characters, even if they were already-known returners. Any character update is awesome -- maybe this is the "we haven't had a character update in 500 years" in me talking, though.

Sept. 10th had Lyn, and the Halberd, so it rocked. Special Brawl is a nice update, too. Those totally make up for Munchlax.

I agree that last week sucked hard, though.
I went back and assigned point values to these sets of four days, where a bad update was worth 0 points, an okay update 1-2, and a good update 2-3. And this is what they'd look like to me:

June 4th-7th - Yoshi's Story music (+3), What is a Poke Ball (+0), Groudon (+0), You must recover! (+0), Kirby (+1), Pikachu (+1) - 5 points
June 18th-21st - Link's final smash (+1), Pikachu's final smash (+1), Wario (+2), Fox's moves (+0) - 4 points
August 6th-9th - Smoke Ball (+1), Ike's moves (+1), Kid Icarus music (+3), Pit's final smash (+2) - 7 points
August 27th-30th - Superspicy Curry (+1), Andross (+1), Four Types of Special Moves (+1), Pokemon Trainer's moves (+1), Gliding (+3) - 7 points
September 10th-13th - Munchlax (+0), Lyn (+1), Battleship Halberd (+3), Special Brawl (+2) - 6 points
September 24th-27th - Trophies (+1), Diddy Kong's final smash (+1), Mr. Resetti (+2), Pokemon Trainer's final smash (+2) - 6 points
November 12th-15th - Ike's final smash (+2), Three Different Taunts (+1), Handicaps (+0), Meta Knight's moves (+0), Kirby music (+3) - 6 points
November 19th-22nd - Ice Climbers' final smash (+2), Smart Bomb (+1), Training (+0), Color Changes (+2), Saki (+1) - 6 points
November 26th-29th - Controls (+1), Widescreen Support (+0), Donkey Kong music (+3), Wario's final smash (+2), Events (+2) - 8 points
December 3rd-6th - Friend List (+0), Returning Pokemon (+0), Battle for the Smash Ball (+1), X: Tunnel Scene (+3), King Dedede's final smash (+2) - 6 points
December 10th-13th - Bonsly (+0), Rotation (+1), Options (+2), Ice Climbers music (+3), Mario Circuit (+3) - 9 points

:lol So actually it turns out that I think all of the listed weeks were worse off than the four days we've had so far. But that's mostly because I've thought of this as a pretty nice week. Nothing against the others, really.

Gallagher said:
i guess this thread will be at 5.000.000 views before Smash Brothers is out ^^
We're barely over half that and we've been going for over six months. :p

Gallagher said:
i guess this thread will be at 5.000.000 views before Smash Brothers is out ^^

3,000,000 is pretty much definite, and maybe 4,000,000 shortly after or around the launch of the game, but no way 5,000,000 pre-launch. I'm just wondering if this thread will be used for all general SSBB discussion or if a new one will be made instead, since this one is mostly relating to the Dojo updates.

Tonight, I predict Sonic's Final Smash to be detailed.

Jiggy

Just noticed something. If all Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays left in 2007 bring double update while every Tuesday and Thursday brings a single update, we'd get update #200 exactly on January 1st. We'd hit 181 tomorrow, 183 on Monday the 17th, 189 by Friday the 21st, 191 on Monday the 24th, 197 by Friday the 28th, and 199 by Monday the 31st.

Soka said:
3,000,000 is pretty much definite, and maybe 4,000,000 shortly after or around the launch of the game, but no way 5,000,000 pre-launch. I'm just wondering if this thread will be used for all general SSBB discussion or if a new one will be made instead, since this one is mostly relating to the Dojo updates.
It's going to be a new one. And it'll probably only ever get to like a third the size of this one. :lol

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
CrisKre said:
When can we expect the japnese magazine leak with the complete rooster of characters?
We don't know or expect it to be the full roster but I think that there's chance of whatever info there is getting out tonight. A Pokemon fansite has posted info about the Pokemon games that was in the issue so we'll see. I wouldn't get my hopes up too high though.

EDIT: Rumor has it is shows of Captain Falcon, Luigi, and Ridley, among some other things, but I don't believe it. Anyway, I'm going to stop myself from talking too much about it in here and until we get real confirmation.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
CrisKre said:
When can we expect the japnese magazine leak with the complete rooster of characters?

p_rooster.JPG

From smashboards

Hey everyone, I have somewhat good news!

I just finished an AIM convo. with SerebiiJoe (owner of Serebii.net) and I can confirm to you this.

Capt. Falcon is revealed to be in the game along with Ridley (w00t) and Luigi. Ridley is in his Meta-Ridley form and is shown in one shot with Bowser and Dedede and another shot vs. Samus in which he is holding a Home-Run bat. They are the only 3 "new" characters shown and anyone expecting anything else is going to be disapointed.

Also, there are screenshots of what looks to be an F-Zero stage called "Port Town". I've never played the F-Zero games so I'm not sure of its importance. Also, the stage in the E 4 All video is shown again and revealed to be "Ashley Manor". I take it that's Ashley's house from WarioWare? Joe also said there is also a picture of what looks to be "Fountain of Dreams". I'm assuming that a Past Stage like Temple is.

Finally, another picture is shown with the Star Rod and one with Luigi using his Poultergust 3000. It could be his down B or it could be a new item, Joe said he wasn't sure.

Sorry, that's all the help I can give at the moment but I requested that he scan me the images and I will probably recieve an e-mail within the hour. I know for a fact all of this information is real and you may not believe me but I guarantee on Saturday (or even earlier when i can get the scans up), I will have the last laugh.

Sounds very real, but wait til scans are up til someone makes a new thread about it please!

Iam Canadian

Ridley makes this automatic win.

Shame there seems to be no info about Ness, though. Oh, well, I'm sure he's unlockable.

Yes, I still believe.

Jiggy37 said:

Okay I found the Options update worthless, really disliked the Ice Climbers song, and think the MK stage looks pretty mundane. I'd also say that pretty much any week with a move update is automatically better than what we've had so far this week. They are just generally more interesting and come with plenty of screens.

The only week without some form of character update besides this one is September 10th-13th - Munchlax, Lyn, Battleship Halberd, Special Brawl; and the Special Brawl update was awesome so it more than redeems it.

Milabrega

ShockingAlberto said:
Who was it I bet that Ridley would be in the game?

Don't get ahead of yourself =P. It wasn't me though. CoroCoro Thread is gonna need a banner, gonna try and work on one.

The good news from the rumor is, theres 3 new characters and 4 stages, so 7 good updates on the dojo coming if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom