• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
She always needs a suit upgrade before she can move at more than like 25% speed underwater, and even then she's never been able to swim. Would have made some parts of Super Metroid and especially Metroid Prime 1 a lot easier, though, I admit. >_>

Well, the Space Jump (the proper Super Metroid version) more or less served the same purpose.

I predict a normal item tonight. Probably some E For All leftover. Are there any E For All items we haven't gotten updates for yet?

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Totally going to be something great! I have a feeling the lame-streak of updates finally ended mid-last week with the Mario Circuit update :O

Fireblend

Banned
Gotta love how people here are so used to letdowns, their predictions aren't more than movesets and any other better prediction is bashed. Sakurai, what have you done :lol

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Fireblend said:
Gotta love how people here are so used to letdowns, their predictions aren't more than movesets and any other better prediction is bashed. Sakurai, what have you done :lol

The diminishing returns are stifling...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Co-op events! And they're different from regular one-player events!!

Coin mode confirmation:

various19_071217f.jpg

C-could this be a Coin battle?! With lots of notes...

That reminds me, there are Coin battles this time around, too. When you launch an opponent, you collect their money. The player with the most money at the end wins.

--and oh shit!!

Sakurai said:
Oh, and I forgot to mention earlier that you can play Target Smash!! with two players simultaneously as well!

This time, Event matches can be played in two-player mode! Wow. This is a great game for couples.

various19_071217a-l.jpg

When you press the Player 2 button here...

various19_071217b-l.jpg

The two-player Events begin!

These are not battles – they’re co-operative play. So, you tackle the challenge of each Event together.

There are fewer two-player Events than single-player ones, but they each have different settings than the single-player matches.

Two Trouble Kings

various19_071217c-l.jpg

Characters: Mario, Kirby

Battle together against Bowser and King Dedede!
This is a proper 2-on-2 match.

Master the Pokémon Tag Battle

various19_071217d-l.jpg

Characters: Pokémon Trainer, Pikachu

This features Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, and one Pikachu.
It’s a tag battle with pretty much equal teams!

Fastest, Shortest, Sudden Death

various19_071217e-l.jpg

Characters: Yoshi, King Dedede

See who can defeat the most enemies in just 10 seconds!!

ALL MINE!

various19_071217f-l.jpg

Characters: Wario, Bowser

C-could this be a Coin battle?! With lots of notes...

That reminds me, there are Coin battles this time around, too. When you launch an opponent, you collect their money. The player with the most money at the end wins.

various19_071217g-l.jpg

The fact that it isn’t bloodthirsty is nice.

Oh, and I forgot to mention earlier that you can play Target Smash!! with two players simultaneously as well!

various19_071217h-l.jpg

Oh! I see! Delegation of duties is important!

Me, not Sakurai- Everything being Co-Op in Brawl, isn't it?

Iam Canadian

We actually learned a lot this time around. Aside from co-op events, we also learned of co-op Target Test and the return of Coin Mode.

Not bad.

Hero

DrForester said:
various19_071217d-l.jpg

So, maybe the Pokemon Trainer's 3 pokemon can be selected as a single character?

No, this is most definitely just CPU players probably being selected as Pokemon Trainer but only fighting with a certain Pokemon out for the event.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sweet, this rocks. And with that one screen it is sinking in for me how awesome it is to have Sonic and Diddy.

Jiggy

ShockingAlberto said:
What? No! Your disappointment sustains me, Dojo thread! Noooooooo
I'll help.

The Pokemon Trainer's one alternate we've seen isn't a girl Pokemon Trainer or even the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Diamond/Pearl trainer. :( Opportunity lost! :(

Jiggy37 said:
I'll help.

The Pokemon Trainer's one alternate we've seen isn't a girl Pokemon Trainer or even the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Diamond/Pearl trainer. :( Opportunity lost! :(

Looks like we only got the trainer's colors. He does resemble the Emerald Male with those colors.

Hero said:
No, this is most definitely just CPU players probably being selected as Pokemon Trainer but only fighting with a certain Pokemon out for the event.
The CPU players are Ivysaur and Pikachu. Charizard and the other Pikachu are player controlled.

Iam Canadian

I also notice that despite the presence of alternate costumes for the Pokemon Trainer, the actual Pokemon's colours don't seem to differ much. That might get confusing in a battle with multiple Pokemon Trainers.

Rindain

Banned
With consecutive Ice Climber music, Mario Circuit, Waluigi/Stafy double update, and now Co-op Events updates I'd say Decembore is officially over.

KevinCow

Banned
Hero said:
The portrait changes when you switch Pokemon, like when you're playing stock in Melee and you change from Zelda to Sheik, your little character pictures that show how much stock you have left change.

Something interesting about that picture, though:

various19_071217d-l.jpg

Alternate Pokemon Trainer costume in the background. Yet Ivysaur looks no different from how he normally does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom