• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
kirby_071220d.jpg

Never has there been a better moment to incorporate the whole 'It's rape time' meme.

plufim

MrCheez said:
YES I knew they would give Snake Kirby a beard :lol

kirby_071220f-l.jpg

Dedede neutral B inhale ability confirmed!

Edit: Damn, incredibly late!

Looks like it to me, but it could instead be an exhale attack.

Dreavus

I like Kirby's Meta Knight hat, it makes them look very similar to eachother...

Heck, choose blue kirby, swallow metaknight, use your cutter, and you practically ARE Meta Knight. :D

I was going through the a few past pages and I saw the "Delayed to March 28th" rumors and now I'm sick to my stomach. Was this found to be a screwup on Wal-Mart's part yet or should I be vomiting now?

Gagaman

kirby_071220g.jpg

Am I the only one who for a split second thought this looked like a Terry Bogard Kirby? I swore for a moment the banana was his ponytail :lol

Gagaman said:
kirby_071220g.jpg

Am I the only one who for a split second thought this looked like a Terry Bogard Kirby? I swore for a moment the banana was his ponytail :lol

I thought that too, but that was second. My first thought was "Oh my God! Ness!" Now that I've figured out it is Diddy, I am very sad.

Gagaman said:
kirby_071220g.jpg

From the small picture, i was actually thinking "Why is Zero Suit Kirby wearing a Nintendo hat?" Until i realized that was a banana peel.

CaVaYeRo

It's so sad we Europeans aren't going to enjoy the game just when the blog updates finish. And I bet there'll be a hole with nothing SSBB related until our launch.

This is nonsense.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I wish they would select a specific move for kirby to gain rather than neutral B all the time.

The benefit of stealing Link's hat in melee for instance was reduced because it became the bow rather than the boomerang (a similar transition occurred with Ness). I would prefer peaches vegetables to toad also.

sanke hat is awesome. I want to see Ivysaur :)

RedBoot

BlueSummers said:
So is it delayed until March 28th or not!?

Right now I think Wal-Mart is the only place claiming that, so I'd wait for more official sources first. I seriously doubt it is, though.

scola said:
I wish they would select a specific move for kirby to gain rather than neutral B all the time.

The benefit of stealing Link's hat in melee for instance was reduced because it became the bow rather than the boomerang (a similar transition occurred with Ness). I would prefer peaches vegetables to toad also.

Kirby + Falcon Punch in SSB 64 = win though.

TreIII

BlueSummers said:
So is it delayed until March 28th or not!?

Again, Smash Boards has already dispelled the rumor last night. And when the people who know their shit get on stuff like this, you know they that they know what they're talking about.

Any way, what more can be said? Snake Kirby is awesome. And I think it's safe to presume that DDD-Kirby is basically going to take DDD's inhale, which should just basically make it so that the "spit out" will be a much more powerful blast. Could be interesting...

Oh, and MK Kirby having green eyes (indicating that he's happy, if the Kirby anime's rulings are accurate) is a nice touch. :D

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
So let's speculate on how Dedede's neutral B works.

From the screenshot, it looks like an inhaling/exhaling ability. King Dedede uses this move in the Kirby games: he inhales Kirby and spits him out, usually into a wall. On some occasions, Dedede has used it to spit Kirby into the stratosphere. The actual inhalation doesn't damage Kirby, it's the impact of being spat out.

If it's a straight port of Dedede's inhaling move from the Kirby games, then I'm not sure how useful it will be in Brawl. Spitting someone out as Kirby is rarely effective in Smash and even if Dedede was able to spit someone farther than Kirby can, I still can't see it as being particularly useful. Frankly, with Dedede's demonstrated ability to spit Kirby at multiple angles, I always saw the inhale/spit maneuver as being a good candidate for a grab/throw rather than a B move. Additionally, I can't imagine the move inflicting much damage, either.

But Sakurai could prove me wrong. Hopefully he will in this case.

Jiggy

I love how so many people initially interpreted Diddy Kirby as something else, ranging from Captain N to Dixie Kong to Terry Bogard to Ness to Zero Suit Samus. >_> I was in the Dixie camp myself... They should have given him a monkey tail, Mewtwo-style, and then at least some of those possibilities would have been eliminated. :p

Then again, I once had a friend mistake Mewtwo Kirby for Corsola, so maybe it would just raise a whole other set of questions.

Iam Canadian said:
If it's a straight port of Dedede's inhaling move from the Kirby games, then I'm not sure how useful it will be in Brawl. Spitting someone out as Kirby is rarely effective in Smash and even if Dedede was able to spit someone farther than Kirby can, I still can't see it as being particularly useful. Frankly, with Dedede's demonstrated ability to spit Kirby at multiple angles, I always saw the inhale/spit maneuver as being a good candidate for a grab/throw rather than a B move. Additionally, I can't imagine the move inflicting much damage, either.

Spit them farther if they have more damage ? Maybe that move would kill in Sudden Death on FD.

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
From the screenshot, it looks like an inhaling/exhaling ability. King Dedede uses this move in the Kirby games: he inhales Kirby and spits him out, usually into a wall. On some occasions, Dedede has used it to spit Kirby into the stratosphere. The actual inhalation doesn't damage Kirby, it's the impact of being spat out.

If it's a straight port of Dedede's inhaling move from the Kirby games, then I'm not sure how useful it will be in Brawl. Spitting someone out as Kirby is rarely effective in Smash and even if Dedede was able to spit someone farther than Kirby can, I still can't see it as being particularly useful.
Maybe it'll work like a better version of FLUDD, where it doesn't do much damage but has good knockback. I hope. Apparently FLUDD didn't work out too well for the people playing at E For All...

Potential use: go inhale someone while they're trying to recover, spit them out to a KO, and then fly back. Still seems kind of pointless when you could probably just hit them and accomplish the same, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom