• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Aww, Pokeyman Girl Trainer confirmed to be out. :( As well as any other hopes for real deal alt. costumes.

Why does Wario get special treatment? :(

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Seems so so so strange that they would ONLY do this for Wario. :/ MANY of the characters have alternate versions they could have ran with... Multiple suits for Samus... Doctor costume for Mario... etc etc

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
pulga said:
Aww, Pokeyman Girl Trainer confirmed to be out. :( As well as any other hopes for real deal alt. costumes.

Why does Wario get special treatment? :(

Probably because Wario's secondary costume is the most famous one they could put in

Rindain

Banned
I hope Sakurai is just messing with us by saying only Wario has an alt costume...girl Pokemon trainer would be nice, and, of course, multiple Samus suits.

Jiggy

HK-47 said:
Probably because Wario's secondary costume is the most famous one they could put in
No way it's as famous as girl Pokemon Trainers. Wario games aren't even in the same galaxy in terms of fame. >_>

Well, there may be some secret costumes later. For all we know, Wario may be the only one that starts off special. It wouldn't surprise me if stuff like Doc Mario would be unlockable.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
wario_071224d-l.jpg

Press the X or Y Button, or poke the pattern to change colors.

Sakurai using the Gamecube controller again. :D

Can anyone translate the original Japanese? It's possible "Wario alone" is just one possible interpretation of it. Also, this sort of feature seems like the perfect unlockable for other characters, so we may be being purposefully misled into thinking it is Wario-exclusive.

Although, other characters or not, I must say I do like this update. Wario's "real" design is just so much more clean and appeals to me much more than his WarioWare costume.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Keru_Shiri said:
Well, there may be some secret costumes later. For all we know, Wario may be the only one that starts off special. It wouldn't surprise me if stuff like Doc Mario would be unlockable.

Oh God thank you, you've restored my hope. Smash Bros. does indeed have fifty thousand unlockable things in each game.

Jiggy

Danthrax said:
If it was girl Pokemon Trainer, Marin Zelda, Justin Bailey ZSS, and Claus Lucas, I'd take the delay. But that's because I possess a stupidly high personal valuation of alternate outfits. >_>

LouieGeetoo said:
Can anyone translate the original Japanese? It's possible "Wario alone" is just one possible interpretation of it. Also, this sort of feature seems like the perfect unlockable for other characters, so we may be being purposefully misled into thinking it is Wario-exclusive.
You raise a good point.

duffey

LouieGeetoo said:

Although, other characters or not, I must say I do like this update. Wario's "real" design is just so much more clean and appeals to me much more than his WarioWare costume.
I got an awesome translation from google.

Smap bra WARIO the normal Kole.

Character is the color change.
The only special WARIO later ....

and

So, aside from the meat HAMI出do.

Keru_Shiri said:
That would be awesome if true.

Golden Darkness said:
wario_071224e-l.jpg

Oh! Talk about individualised!
This screenshot is so cool!

MrCheez

I do love how they changed his profile pic on the char select screen for the new outfit.

Also... Mario-colored Wario! And that pink and light blue version is so awesome

This really is how I was dreaming they would do alt costumes... each character has 1 or 2 extra outfits and the new outfits themselves also have color swaps.

Too bad it's (supposedly) only Wario :( I guess it's better than nothing but it almost seems like a tease

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jiggy37 said:
No way it's as famous as girl Pokemon Trainers. Wario games aren't even in the same galaxy in terms of fame. >_>

:lol Wario's costume is iconic, he uses it in every game not related to Warioware. PT Female doesnt even come close and you know it.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
LouieGeetoo said:
Can anyone translate the original Japanese? It's possible "Wario alone" is just one possible interpretation of it.

Well I can't read Japanese, but the Spanish site translates to "but Wario is a special case" and the Italian translates to "but Wario is special." So yeah, things are looking a little bleak unless Sakurai is holding his "unlockable alt costume" cards close to his chest.

Sciz

Now that I think about it, new costumes would be pretty much the perfect downloadable updates if they really haven't had time to implement them for everyone.

HK-47 said:
:lol Wario's costume is iconic, he uses it in every game not related to Warioware. PT Female doesnt even come close and you know it.
I thought being able to pick the girl trainer was a big deal when Pokemon Crystal version came out.

MrCheez

scola said:
what happens when kirby swallows alternate Wario??

It'd be pretty cool if they gave him the classic Wario hat... Would be so easy for them to implement... they already have it modeled.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck with the normal helmet. I mean, when Kirby swallows characters wearing alternate colors the color of the Kirby-hat is unchanged

Jiggy

HK-47 said:
:lol Wario's costume is iconic, he uses it in every game not related to Warioware.
I don't see how that makes it the most famous alternate outfit they could possibly put in the game. You'd have to stack multiple Mario sports games and Mario Party together to reach the selling power of a single given Pokemon game. Even then, Haruka/May and Hikari/Dawn have the additional fame support of the anime (which even the current Pokemon Trainer doesn't).

Edit: They aren't "from" the anime--the anime characters were designed after the game.

Keru_Shiri said:
I seriously think you are wrong. Only because of the Kirby Hat update from before. Kirby distinctly had 2 Wario transforms. Wario's goggle/hat for oe and Wario's freaky face for another. Somehow I just don't think they did alternate Kirby hats for ALL the other characters. So I think the alternate costume idea alive for them is slim to none.

That double Wario Hat/face for Kirby update really bothered me when I saw it. This update does explain it by saying Wario is special....

kirby_071220c-l.jpg

I think the issue, Jiggy, is you're getting "games sold" confused with "iconic to that series".

Just because more people own a game that contains, say, Hypno than own Halo does not mean Hypno is more well known than Master Chief.

VeritasVierge said:
I seriously think you are wrong. Only because of the Kirby Hat update from before. Kirby distinctly had 2 Wario transforms. Wario's goggle/hat for oe and Wario's freaky face for another. Somehow I just don't think they did alternate Kirby hats for ALL the other characters. So I think the alternate costume idea alive for them is slim to none.

That double Wario Hat/face for Kirby update really bothered me when I saw it. This update does explain it by saying Wario is special....
The freaky face was a 'shop. I'm pretty sure of this.

VeritasVierge said:

kirby_071220c-l.jpg
I...are you joking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom