• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinCow

Banned
Rick for playable character, utilizing some Kirby powers that he used in KDL2 and 3 that Kirby isn't using yet, and an absorb power like Kirby's but for down B instead of neutral B.

And he doesn't slip on ice!

But fuck yeah, Rick. I must've played KDL2 for roughly five zillion hours when I was a kid. I was so pissed when the animal buddy dudes just kinda completely disappeared from existence after KDL3. Though they did make that little cameo with the cutter/stone ability in Kirby 64.

Among the many trophies are some representing the enemies that appear in The Subspace Emissary.

modea11_071226a-l.jpg

Like this.

But they cannot be gotten easily.

You must turn the enemies directly into trophies to get them! The item that is needed to do this is a trophy stand.

modea11_071226b-l.jpg

Basically, it’s the stand the trophy rests on.

When an enemy appears, you need to significantly weaken it.

modea11_071226c-l.jpg

Pay attention to the damage meter at the top-left corner of the screen.

If you’re lucky enough to have a trophy stand, throw it at your enemy after you’ve weakened it!

modea11_071226d-l.jpg

If it goes well...

modea11_071226e-l.jpg

It will hit with a thud!

modea11_071226f-l.jpg

And it becomes a trophy!

Now you get the trophy. Whoa! What’s happened?! You could say this is only possible because of the setting of the Smash world.

modea11_071226g-l.jpg

You can then view that trophy in your trophy gallery!

Perhaps the trophy descriptions will give you some insight into the backstory of The Subspace Emissary...

Of course, you can also do this to get boss trophies.

modea11_071226h-l.jpg

Yes! I’m definitely gonna get you today!

Since you can’t get these trophies if you don’t have a trophy stand, pure skill is not enough—it requires a little luck, too.

I’ll make it so you’ll somehow be allowed to fight the bosses even after you’ve already cleared the game, so it’s OK if you don’t hunt all these trophies down in the first battle.

Jiggy37 said:
I'd prefer Rick as a full-on item that you can ride around, but I wouldn't mind his Fire power for an assist trophy either. And it's probably not too unlikely since they already had a trophy model in Melee. :D

Well, when summoning, you would automatically get on Rick. Eh?

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Hey, I made it for the update. Awesome. :D

Looks like it's Subspace related. Also, Rayquaza is confirmed as a boss enemy. Like there was any doubt.

Firestorm

Trophies? Looks like Rayquaza is confirmed as a boss.

Stealth Edit that's not really an edit:
I’ll make it so you’ll somehow be allowed to fight the bosses even after you’ve already cleared the game, so it’s OK if you don’t hunt all these trophies down in the first battle.

oh shit boss mode?

KevinCow said:
Rick for playable character, utilizing some Kirby powers that he used in KDL2 and 3 that Kirby isn't using yet, and an absorb power like Kirby's but for down B instead of neutral B.

And he doesn't slip on ice!

But fuck yeah, Rick. I must've played KDL2 for roughly five zillion hours when I was a kid. I was so pissed when the animal buddy dudes just kinda completely disappeared from existence after KDL3. Though they did make that little cameo with the cutter/stone ability in Kirby 64.
I'm going to have to say no to another playable Kirby character. We already have three. I like Kirby as much as the next guy, but there are other series that could use some more characters I think.

Meloche

So basically it's like catching Pokemon? Awesome.

Also
DOES THIS MEAN WHAT I THINK IT MEANS?
BOSS RUSH CONFIRMED
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

beaten by firestorm :p

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER

Boss rush mode? :D :D :D

Jiggy

A Link to the Snitch said:
Well, when summoning, you would automatically get on Rick. Eh?
Yeah, that works.

Also, this is an unusually cool update for a game mode. It's kind of like Pokemon except with trophies.

Firestorm

For sp0rsk
Among the many trophies are some representing the enemies that appear in The Subspace Emissary.

screenshot

Like this.

But they cannot be gotten easily.

You must turn the enemies directly into trophies to get them! The item that is needed to do this is a trophy stand.

screenshot

Basically, it’s the stand the trophy rests on.

When an enemy appears, you need to significantly weaken it.

screenshot

Pay attention to the damage meter at the top-left corner
of the screen.

If you’re lucky enough to have a trophy stand, throw it at your enemy after you’ve weakened it!

screenshot

If it goes well...

screenshot

It will hit with a thud!

screenshot

And it becomes a trophy!

Now you get the trophy. Whoa! What’s happened?! You could say this is only possible because of the setting of the Smash world.

screenshot

You can then view that trophy in your trophy gallery!

Perhaps the trophy descriptions will give you some insight into the backstory of The Subspace Emissary...

Of course, you can also do this to get boss trophies.

screenshot

Yes! I’m definitely gonna get you today!

Since you can’t get these trophies if you don’t have a trophy stand, pure skill is not enough—it requires a little luck, too.

KevinCow

Banned
AndoCalrissian said:
I'm going to have to say no to another playable Kirby character. We already have three. I like Kirby as much as the next guy, but there are other series that could use some more characters I think.
I agree. They should take Metaknight out and replace him with Rick, because Rick is five zillion zillion times cooler.

And I don't think this confirms a boss rush mode, just that you'll be able to select boss levels again after playing them.

Oh wow! This is really cool and should add a lot of replay value. They REALLY aren't slacking on the single player stuff this time, are they? Hopefully this applies to every enemy in SE and not just the bosses.

Sciz

The fun thing about these predictions is that every once in a while Sakurai blindsides us with something completely unexpected.

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go catch 'em all.

TreIII

Firestorm said:
oh shit boss mode?

Sounds like it...Boss Rushes are always a nice thing to add in any fighting oriented game. :D

Any way, nothing all that ground-breaking, but it does stand to make the whole "figure collecting" aspect from Melee more interesting this time around. Oh, and positive confirmation on Ray's status as a boss is nice too, though we all saw this from a mile away.

EDIT: On another note...I think I like the JP version's name of "Smash Plate" a bit better. It just sounds a bit more dynamic. :lol

crowphoenix said:
When I first saw trophies, I was like meh. But then, I read the update, and it was awesome!

Yep. For a second there I actually thought the update was just going to describe the stands that the trophies appear on and nothing more. :lol

Meloche

Firestorm said:
Sooo like what the hell is a Shadow Bug?
It could be that little dude standing beside the Big Primid. Maybe Big Primids can spawn the Shadow Bugs and send them to attack you, or maybe it has something to do with the purple/black gas that always surrounds the SSE enemies?

modea11_071226a.jpg

RagnarokX

You know one of the videos at e for all showed a character (DK I think) throwing a trophy stand at an enemy and turning it into a trophy, but now we have official info on it :D

KevinCow

Banned
Wait, this is new to everyone? I noticed this back at E for all.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26644.html

Here, around 1:35. You can clearly see DK throw an item that looks just like the thing that trophies stood on in Melee at a Koopa, and the Koopa turns into an item.

Though maybe I only noticed it because I watched this video a thousand times just for Diddy Kong...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
ShockingAlberto said:
I think NOA, at least, has a policy not to do LEs for whatever stupid, illogical reason

They don't really like money, which is also why they haven't translated Mother 3 yet.

Jiggy

You know, it's been subtle since we haven't gotten any real megatons, but December has actually made for a very, very solid month of updates. If I remove the December updates I wasn't too fond of, the list looks like this:

12-5 – X: Tunnel Scene (!)
12-6 – King Dedede’s final smash
12-7 – With Anyone/Basic Brawl
12-12 – Options, Ice Climbers music
12-13 – Mario Circuit (!)
12-14 – Stafy, Waluigi
12-17 – Co-op Events (!!), stealth co-op Target Smash
12-18 – Frigate Orpheon (!), Porky’s Theme
12-20 – Kirby’s Inhale (!)
12-21 – Subspace Emissary Movie (!!!)
12-24 – Overalls Wario
12-25 – Angel Island Zone
12-26 – Trophy Stands (!), stealth Boss Rush (!!)

I've liked all of these. I understand some might not have cared for the Options update, and maybe a couple others, but even so, there's been some plainly good stuff here. :D And there are still three December updates left to go...

Jiggy

KevinCow said:
Wait, this is new to everyone? I noticed this back at E for all.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26644.html

Here, around 1:35. You can clearly see DK throw an item that looks just like the thing that trophies stood on in Melee at a Koopa, and the Koopa turns into an item.

Though maybe I only noticed it because I watched this video a thousand times just for Diddy Kong...
Well, even if we had known (thought you're right, most of us probably didn't notice :p), we wouldn't know the exact mechanics of it. Weakening the enemies and all that, or knowing it can affect bosses... Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom