• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aras

ShockingAlberto said:
You clearly did not listen to my last suggestion to stop being stupid.

ah?? omg sorry cause I insulted smash brawl giving my opinion

dind't like some updates, so ?? god it's good to sometimes quit being a fanboy

seriously, just complaining of a webpage updates isn't going to make the game a bad game, calm down that can't happen you can rest tonight, god! really it's just a game and an opinion, breathe!

Aras said:

seriously, just complaining of a webpage updates isn't going to make the game a bad game, calm down that can't happen you can rest tonight, god! really it's just a game and an opinion, breathe!

Ugh.

Zeed

Banned
Aras said:

My fucking eyes.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Aras said:

Is English your first language?

Aras said:

ME Я NO GUD RITЗR!

Aras said:

item12_071120e-l.jpg

Zeed

Banned
teddyboi said:
I know. It's Zeed again. The guy with bats hanging in his room.
I'm assuming that this is meant to be some sort of an insult, but bats fucking rule so I'm going to let it slide.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Aras said:

We don't like seein' yer kind 'round these parts... go on back where you come from, ya hear?
four-mean-hombres.jpg

Anyway, I predict something with Mario in it tonight for the update. And Chimchar.

In the last game, you dropped the coins you collected into a prize-dispensing machine for a chance to win trophies. That was fine and all, but I got to thinking that there wasn’t really any strategy involved.

So this time, I dropped the crane game. Instead, you’ll be earning your trophies in THIS kind of game!

various20_071227a-l.jpg

I dub this the Coin Launcher!

I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game!

various20_071227b-l.jpg

That option on the right is the entrance to the Coin Launcher.

various20_071227c-l.jpg

That’s the launcher at the bottom.

Tilt left and right to change the angle of the launcher and press the button to roll coins out. Basically, the coins themselves are your bullets.

various20_071227d-l.jpg

Fire, fire, fire, fire. FIRE!

various20_071227e-l.jpg

And you got it!

The trophies move, so shoot, shoot, shoot them before they get away. If you land a few shots on a trophy, it will be yours.

various20_071227f-l.jpg

An enemy formation has appeared!

When you defeat formations of smaller enemies, you earn stickers and bonuses. When your green gauge fills up, it becomes possible to shoot coins rapid-fire for a short time.

various20_071227g-l.jpg

A missile appeared!

Shoot the missiles down. If a missile strikes, your coin count will decrease!

various20_071227h-l.jpg

Whaaaaaaa!

Press the Cancel Button to quit. The trophies and stickers you got this time will be displayed.

various20_071227i-l.jpg

The green ones are trophies. The red ones are stickers.

The more you play the other modes, the more coins you’ll earn for the Coin Launcher. You can even earn them in Spectator mode.

If you want even more coins, your best bet is to invite some friends over to play. The more people you play with, the more coins you’ll earn.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Haha wow when the japanese page loaded first and I was just looking at that... I had NO idea what to make of this. :lol

Pretty sweet and unexpected

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Oh okay, you don't fish, you shoot stuff. The trophies look like they're in a pool of water, though.

I like this idea, it certainly has more gameplay than the pinball machine in Melee, but it might make trophies a little more frustrating to obtain. Or more rewarding, I guess.

Danthrax said:
Oh okay, you don't fish, you shoot stuff. The trophies look like they're in a pool of water, though.

I like this idea, it certainly has more gameplay than the pinball machine in Melee, but it might make trophies a little more frustrating to obtain. Or more rewarding, I guess.

It'll be a nice distraction, that's for sure.

Sharp said:
Wow, this is kind of awesome. What pinball machine in Melee?

It was really just a gumball machine. Coin goes in, trophy pops out.

Sciz

Fighter, beat 'em up, and shmup? Any other genres I'm missing?

Sakurai, you spoil us.

I can't begin to imagine how many individual trophies and stickers this game is going to have. Go go gadget collectathon
in a good way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom