• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciz

KevinCow said:
When Melee came out and it one-upped SSB64 in pretty much every conceivable way, I said, "Man, I don't think the next Smash could possibly outdo Melee in the way Melee outdid SSB64."

If Sakurai's involved, he'll find a way.

Probably true, but I wasn't paying attention to the series at the time.

Pringo said:
I believe the bottom right one is one of the air ride machines from Kirby Air Ride. I can't remember what it's called at the moment.

Good catch.

8fex4ro.jpg

Dragoon.

Fake edit: Beaten.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Whoo hoo -- a Mach Rider sticker! One more Nintendo game/franchise confirmed to be in Brawl in some way or another. Also, if I had to guess, I'd say that this coin-shot game will have some sort of Space Firebird/Fever reference in it somewhere.

--------------

Updated list of Nintendo titles/series not present in Brawl (at the moment).
Update #6

Bold indicates a Melee presence.

1080° Snowboarding
Alleyway
Arm Wrestling (arcade)
Band Brothers
Battleclash
Card Hero
Chibi Robo
Custom Robo
Doshin the Giant
Duck Hunt
Electroplankton
Eternal Darkness (the ip belongs to Nintendo, I believe)
F-1 Race
Game & Watch
Golden Sun
Gumshoe
Hajimari no Mori
Happy Panechu!
HeliFire
Hogan's Alley
Hotel Dusk
Joy Mecha Fight
Kaeru no Tameni Kanha Naru (the guy that turns into a frog -- cameo in Link's Awakening)
Kururin
Magical Vacation
Marvellous
Mole Mania
Nazo no Murasamejou
Oendon/Elite Beat Agents
Picross
Polarium
Radar Mission
RadarScope
Sennen Kazoku
Shin Oni Ga Shima
Short Order & Eggsplode
Sky Skipper
Solar Striker
Space Fever
Space Firebird / Space Demon
Space Launcher
Star Tropics
Stunt Race FX
Sutte Hakkun
Tantei Club
Teleroboxer
Time Twist
To The Earth
Tomato Adventure
Trace Memory
Urban Champion
Wave Race
Wii Sports / Play
Wild Gunman
Yakuman (Mahjong)
Yuu Yuu Ki

All the generic sports titles

Stuff formerly/incorrectly on this list:
Brain Age -- music (PictoChat update)
Balloon Fight -- sticker
Clu Clu Land -- item (urchin?)
Panepon/Puzzle League -- Lip's Stick
Pikmin -- trophy
Pilotwings -- sticker
Sherrif -- sticker
Mach Rider -- sticker

Meloche

Holy crap, awesome update. It's not game-breaking or anything, but it's one of the thousand little touches they're putting in this game to make it GOTF. I really hope there's a kitchen sink item that you can pick up and just huck at people. Not because it has enough bearing on the Nintendo universe -- if a sink could be tied into it at all -- but because it's just too funny not to include.

Looking back, December has been a pretty great month of updates, especially these last few. Even the crappy updates we already knew from E for All like Sonic's FS are excused because they're paired with amazing music. Wonder what January has in store for the Dojo?
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game!
Can't wait to see what he does with the credits this time around. Last time was starfox-y, maybe this time it'll be completely different? Or not, whatever. :0)

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
This is a really good update. It makes collecting trophies more fun than it was last time. Its not a huge update, but its small things like the coin launcher that make the game that extra bit better.

psycho_snake

DrForester said:
WE are SO getting playable Wind Waker Link. Just don't forget Tetra/Zelda Sakurai.
Zelda_Wind_Waker_Link_waves_goodbye.jpg
I'd love to see that happen. Young link in melee was a bit boring because he was almost exactly the same as adult link, so they should swap young link with WW link. They also need to give both WW link and adult link different movestes so that the two links dont feel so similar like they did in melee.

KevinCow

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
I hope this time, the credits are a racing game

"OH, HE PASSED MASAHIRO SAKURAI! HE. IS. NUMBER. ONNNNNNNNNNNNNE!"
It won't happen, but it would be awesome if every character had a different credits game related to their franchise. Captain Falcon would have a racing game, Fox would have the normal shooting game, Wario would have mini-games. It would be awesome.

psycho_snake said:
I'd love to see that happen. Young link in melee was a bit boring because he was almost exactly the same as adult link, so they should swap young link with WW link. They also need to give both WW link and adult link different movestes so that the two links dont feel so similar like they did in melee.
If WW Link makes it in, he needs to have the same up special as link, but with the ability to charge it even more and do a hurricane spin. The other three moves can be various Wind Waker, Minish Cap, Four Swords, and Phantom Hourglass items, but hurricane spin is a must.

It won't happen, but it would be awesome if every character had a different credits game related to their franchise. Captain Falcon would have a racing game, Fox would have the normal shooting game, Wario would have mini-games. It would be awesome.

Done.

Also, that WW screen looking like a freaking cartoon. Amazing.

Fighter of '08? Definitely in the running, I'd say.

Jiggy

TreIII said:
RTS(or some kind of Strategy RPG) and Sim-Life/Dating mode. That's pretty much all this game needs in order to be able to cater to pretty much every fanbase that could exist. :D
Hey, when it happens, don't forget who called it. :D

Sciz said:
Nah. Unless SSE is much less focused on combat than it appears, it's a beat 'em up. I don't even really consider the Kirby series to be platformers, much less SSB adventure mode.

Unless you mean some other mode I'm not thinking of offhand.
I don't count the Kirby games as pure platformers either, but by now I'm counting on the return of Board the Platforms. >_>

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Capndrake said:
Actually, the old sheriff/cowboy guy is from the EU/JP Wild Gunman box. No Sheriff things yet.

Ack.. you're right. How'd I miss that... did anyone see any actual Sherriff reference in the stickers, or was that the Wild Gunman mistake?
--------------

Updated list of Nintendo titles/series not present in Brawl (at the moment).
Update #6.2

Bold indicates a Melee presence.

1080° Snowboarding
Alleyway
Arm Wrestling (arcade)
Band Brothers
Battleclash
Card Hero
Chibi Robo
Custom Robo
Doshin the Giant
Duck Hunt
Electroplankton
Eternal Darkness (the ip belongs to Nintendo, I believe)
F-1 Race
Game & Watch
Golden Sun
Gumshoe
Hajimari no Mori
Happy Panechu!
HeliFire
Hogan's Alley
Hotel Dusk
Joy Mecha Fight
Kaeru no Tameni Kanha Naru (the guy that turns into a frog -- cameo in Link's Awakening)
Kururin
Magical Vacation
Marvellous
Mole Mania
Nazo no Murasamejou
Oendon/Elite Beat Agents
Picross
Polarium
Radar Mission
RadarScope
Sennen Kazoku
Sherriff
Shin Oni Ga Shima
Short Order & Eggsplode
Sky Skipper
Solar Striker
Space Fever
Space Firebird / Space Demon
Space Launcher
Star Tropics
Stunt Race FX
Sutte Hakkun
Tantei Club
Teleroboxer
Time Twist
To The Earth
Tomato Adventure
Trace Memory
Urban Champion
Wave Race
Wii Sports / Play
Yakuman (Mahjong)
Yuu Yuu Ki

All the generic sports titles

Stuff formerly/incorrectly on this list:
Brain Age -- music (PictoChat update)
Balloon Fight -- sticker
Clu Clu Land -- item (urchin?)
Panepon/Puzzle League -- Lip's Stick
Pikmin -- trophy
Pilotwings -- sticker
Mach Rider -- sticker
Wild Gunman -- sticker

PerkeyMan

I've just sent an invitation to Sakurai! He is so gonna be my best man at my (future) wedding! And instead of a ring I want a signed copy of the limited edition!

It's smasu brathurss...!

PerkeyMan

Well, even if Sakurai already has outdone himself at the highest possible level I think there are some obvious things missing. Of course we haven't seen it all yet, but if the final game doesn't include:

- A Wind Waker Level
- Orchestral Music (I've read before that the game will feature orchestral samples but I don't know if that was fake, What is the current "status"?)

...I will feel somehow disapointed. (yes, I'm a spoiled brat)

I'm sure it has been discussed several times, but...

Anticipated updates? If you could only pick two, what would it be?

PerkeyMan said:
Well, even if Sakurai already has outdone himself at the highest possible level I think there are some obvious things missing. Of course we haven't seen it all yet, but if the final game doesn't include:

- A Wind Waker Level
- Orchestral Music (I've read before that the game will feature orchestral samples but I don't know if that was fake, What is the current "status"?)

...I will feel somehow disapointed. (yes, I'm a spoiled brat)

I'm sure it has been discussed several times, but...

Some of the music is performed by a live orchestra, some isn't. With the insane amount of tracks that are in there you'd be crazy to expect a fully orchestrated soundtrack anyway.

2 anticipated updates ?

I'd pick :

Character : EX Characters
Music : Palmtree Panic Medley (Japanese version)

PerkeyMan

Holy Order Sol said:
Some of the music is performed by a live orchestra, some isn't. With the insane amount of tracks that are in there you'd be crazy to expect a fully orchestrated soundtrack anyway.

I'm not expecting a fully orchestrated soundtrack. Like I said I wan't samples of orchestrated songs. I don't give a damn if Ashleys Theme is in midi beacuse I don't think that type of song would benefit from an orchestra.

But I wan't the Zelda Medley and the Metal Gear Love Theme ("epic" songs if you will) to be backed up by one.

Like in Mario Galaxy.

Metal B

Smashboards:
There were three things shown:

1) Fiery Blowhog - Pikmin - trophy
untitled.jpg

(Picture taken by IsmaR)
People were arguing this is a Chao from the Sonic series.
3.png

I think it's clearly a Fiery Blowhog standing on two legs (he make this before spying fire). A regular enemy of the Pikmin series.

2) Sir Kibble - Kirby - trophy
Sirkibble.jpg

That's Sir Kibble. A regular enemy of the Kirby series. (But he can also be a party member)

3) Boxy - Kirby - sticker
Boxy is a boss in the Kirby series.
Boxy.jpg

Next two pictures:
various20_071227d.jpg

various20_071227e.jpg

4) Chain Chomp - Mario - trophy
It's clearly a Chain Chop from the Mario series.
I hope that reach for information...

various20_071227f-l.jpg

5) Zoda - F-Zero - trophy
Don't know much about him, but he looks like he would be naked >_>

various20_071227g-l.jpg

6) Phantom Ganon - Zelda - sticker
First boss for adult Link in OoT. Most of us know him

7) Rabbit ears (how is it called oO) - Zelda - trophy
Item from Melee/Brawl

8888.png

8) Bow - Zelda or Kid Icarus - sticker
Ignore number one and look on the sticker. It's a bow....

9) Tortimer - Animal Crossing - trophy
He is the mayor of every town in AC.

10) R.O.B. - StarFox - trophy
130px-Rob_Star_Fox.jpg

It's the most likely choice for this trophy.

11) Dragoon - Kirby (Air Ride) - trophy
It seems to be Dragoon. A legendary ride from Kirby Air Ride.
dragoon.jpg

Jambre discovered this. Thank you!

12) Peggy&Pelly - Animal Crossing - trophy
They are working in the city hall. It's clear they are Peggy and Pelly.

9999.png

The last picture

13) Medli - Zelda (WindWaker) -trophy
She is one of the more important characters from WindWaker.
I'm too lazy to write about her now, sry.

14) Tortimer - Animal Crossing - trophy
Look at 9

15) Bob-omb - Mario - trophy
I hope everybody knows this item from Melee/Brawl/SSB64.

16) TP-Link - Zelda (TP) - sticker

17) Mach Rider - Mach Rider - sticker
He is a driver from a futuristic driving video game.

18) Dr. Samselt - Animal Crossing - sticker
He's teaching you mimic in Animal Crossing. You can identify him. Nintendo was too lazy and they are taking normal artwork for stickers.
It's this one:
drsamselt.gif

____
I hope this was neccesary and helped a lot.
Still need help for the trophys/stickers I couldn't recognize.

Maggirus

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
PerkeyMan said:
Stage: Battlerock Galaxy
Character: Pokemon Trainer Female (D/P chara design w/ various forms of DP starter Pokemon)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I think the image with Link (Zelda: TP) helps confirm that WW Link will be in the game right? Shit, I am getting excited =P

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Relix said:
I think the image with Link (Zelda: TP) helps confirm that WW Link will be in the game right? Shit, I am getting excited =P

No, it guarantees that there will be a Wind Waker Link STICKER, just like the TP Link is also a sticker.

Shig said:
Character: Pokemon Trainer Female (D/P chara design w/ various forms of DP starter Pokemon)

Probably bet she'll be called Pokemon Coordinator if there is one, although I don't think there will be another Pokemon Trainer type character.

Anyway my newest guess? Duster(Mother 3) or Rosalina as Assist Trophies.

Why?

They supposedly seen at the Jump Festa demo: http://smashbros.wii-ds.com/bbs/cbbs.cgi?mode=al2&namber=433&rev=&no=0

TreIII

Raging Spaniard said:
No, it guarantees that there will be a Wind Waker Link STICKER, just like the TP Link is also a sticker.

Yeah, but still, I would think it goes forth to showcase that TP-material is not the only Zelda material being represented in this game.

Besides, with Phantom Hourglass and Wind Waker both being much more popular Zelda games in Japan than TP ever was, Sakurai would be silly to leave out WW-style Link. Especially considering that WW Link could stand to be as different from his TP counter-part as night is from day.

EDIT: On another note, my friend just bought this up...

Any body else think of "CrossFire" when they saw this thing?

"CROSSFIRE! CROSSFIRE! CROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIREE!!!!!" :lol :lol

psycho_snake

KevinCow said:
If WW Link makes it in, he needs to have the same up special as link, but with the ability to charge it even more and do a hurricane spin. The other three moves can be various Wind Waker, Minish Cap, Four Swords, and Phantom Hourglass items, but hurricane spin is a must.
The hurricane spin would be a good move to give WW link. It would be such a good move because as he's doing it no one would be able to touch him. If they're worried about that move being too strong, they can balance it out so that he gets dizzy after using the move, just like in Wind waker.

Another move WW link should have is the parry attack where he jumps over the target and slashes them over the head.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
SantaC said:
biggest content ever in a game?
I'm just waiting for this update:
Disc Space

Up until now, I had just been throwing in and reporting any idea I thought of.

"What, discs have a limit on the data they hold?!"

I had completely overlooked this important point.

OUENNNNNNDANNNNN!

TreIII

Hcoregamer00 said:
Holy freaking crap, he is cramming everything into this game.

Does he want to make this the deepest Wii game ever???

Probably.

I think it's safe to say that, in any case, Soul Calibur has finally been de-throned as the undisputed champ of "cramming everything we can besides a fighter into one game". :lol

Minsc

Gold Member
The coin mini-game for collecting trophies does look enjoyable. A pinball machine would have also been quite welcome!

When/Where is this released first & how many updates remain until that release date?

I'm starting to think the number of remaining updates is drawing a little thin, possibly under 30.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wow, some nice surprises over the last couple of days. Honestly, if there are even a few more of these completely out of left field updates then the next few weeks are going to be pretty interesting. Man, the past couple of updates are making the collector in me weep for joy. I could be playing this game forever.

To be honest, I think that it's just the nature of these updates that makes it seem like there's an absurd amount of content here. (although there's certainly alot)

I mean, I think you can take any game, reveal it's features one by one and make it seem like its just bursting at the seams.

PLASMA GRENADES

It's pretty common for the hero of a First Person Shooter to throw grenades, Right?
But wait... What's this?!?!
halo.jpg

what.... IS THAT GLOWING...!!
250px-Plasma_Grenade.jpg

It's a different kind of grenade.
Multiplayer%20Medals_clip_image015.gif

If you hit someone with it... WATCH OUT

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Too bad I wasn't around when this update went live, this is awesome. This is the best minigame in a Sakurai game since the Gradius-style stage in Kirby Super Star.

I never thought that Brawl would be able to exponentially improve on Melee the way Melee improved on SSB64. Clearly, I was wrong. Very wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom