• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Firestorm said:
Sakurai needs to tell us if these videos/snapshots can be transferred to PC or not!
IIRC if you have media on the system that you send to other wii friends you can send that to the PC too?

Tim-E

"All seven languages of Smash Bros. Dojo will take a year-end holiday break from posting following 28th December. We plan to resume posts on 7th January.

Have a happy new year!"

VaderNOOOOO.gif

fernoca

All seven languages of Smash Bros. Dojo will take a year-end holiday break from posting following 28th December. We plan to resume posts on 7th January.

Have a happy new year!

F'u Sakurai, I'm not getting your game now!
There!!!.... that's SO going to hurt you!!! >:|

:p

You'd think they would have the last update before the break be something a bit bigger. That means there are only 13 updates until the Japanese release, 14 if you include the 24th.

Chumly

Wow kick ass item for Kirby's Air Ride which i surprisingly played a lot of. Something like that is gonna be awesome for multiplayer.

Item haters can always turn it off

Meloche

Interesting item update, although the wifi thing was basically just a repackaging of things we already knew and explained in a little more detail [not that I'm complaining or anything!]. It does sound like I'll be getting an SD Card just for Brawl, however. :p

And about that notice... shit. Does that mean we should start hyping ourselves up for a megaton on the 7th then? Either way, a whole week without updates isn't going to be very fun. ;_;
It’s difficult to put the joy of being able to exchange snapshots and stages into words. I certainly hope you will all enjoy it.
Hmm, no mention of sharing replays. Should that be taken as a bad sign, or was it just a simple omission on his part? The update about sharing replays is still up, so that's good I guess.

scottnak

*sigh* A whole week off... this is gonna hurt...
I fear for where this thread will go. I honestly do...
A weekend can be bad enough already...

Tim-E

Anyway, both updates are awesome. I thought the Air Ride item would be a mehton, but it looks like I'll enjoy it quite a bit.

Now, I'm off!
Goodnight, GAF!

Tim-E said:
"All seven languages of Smash Bros. Dojo will take a year-end holiday break from posting following 28th December. We plan to resume posts on 7th January.

Have a happy new year!"

VaderNOOOOO.gif

:lol I always laugh at the Emperor for some reason when I see that picture.

I can't wait for this shit year to hurry up and come to an end already so we can be in 2008, the year of Smash Brothers Brawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kamikaze

BlueSummers said:
Jan 7th Character reveal. Believe.

i believe...in items. :p

well, with 5 fewer updates until the japanese release, i hope we're in for a nice string of updates...not that this week has been too bad, though.

TreIII

Tim-E said:

Have a happy new year!"

....*laughs maniacally*

Sakurai, you magnificent, magnificent bastard! :lol

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
MrCheez said:
What! No updates for the week of my birthday? :(

Sakurai, you cruel cruel man :(
Hey my birthday is next week too. Lets just pretend Sakurai treats our birthdays as holidays.

My theory. This went gold in the past two weeks and Sakurai is taking the week off.

m00

Insaniac said:
points seems to be the number of people you can send data to?
wi-fi05_071228j-l.jpg

I'd wager that sending data back and forth is limited by some kind of daily quota system to keep us from killing Nintendo's servers. Meh. This update is spicy and delicious regardless.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
scola said:
Hey my birthday is next week too. Lets just pretend Sakurai treats our birthdays as holidays.

My theory. This went gold in the past two weeks and Sakurai is taking the week off.

The strange thing though... is that all of these updates are prepared weeks in advance.

Really surprised that they did this... I mean they filled all that extra time from the delay with stuff... seems like making extra updates wasn't that hard. Heck, they could have saved 5 of the double updates from the last few weeks for the upcoming week if they really needed to.

Not that it's a huge deal, it is only a week after all. It's just peculiar.

Golden Darkness said:
Didn't Sakurai criticize the development of Kirby Air Ride? It was after this game he left HAL.

Wasnt the game developed for the Nintendo 64 originally? But then they saw the GC win button and moved development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom