• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SMASH BROS IN THE HIZOUSE (neo tokyo asplode)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So Zero Suit Samus is not an unlockable character, but rather is some sort of random transformation for regular Samus?

sp0rsk said:
Yeah, there isn't even an option to access them in the online mode.

That's disappointing. Well what about when playing with...

sp0rsk said:
Even on With Friends mode.

...Oh damn. Guess it will still be fun to mess around with now and then.

I'll be picking up my copy today right after work; prepaid for it weeks ago because it looks like it's going to be completely sold out everywhere until they send out more copies next week. I don't have any classes until after lunch and am so tempted to sneak out and go get it in an hour or two!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I think the diference between Samus\Zelda is that Samus turns into ZSS through her final smash and Zelda can change at will at any time. ZSS is kind of a bonus whereas Zelda is a 2 in 1 character?

Can you re-match people you play online anonymously?

Also, is there an English translation on the disc?
Can someone explain to me what this game actually is? Is it a platformer? or a fighting game like Street Fighter or what?

A little from column A, a little from column B.

It's a platformer/fighter, I suppose.

Robert R1 said:
Can someone explain to me what this game actually is? Is it a platformer? or a fighting game like Street Fighter or what?

It's a 4-player party game-like fighter, with a detailed platforming mode included.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Robert R1 said:

A fighting game with a 2-d platformingesque single player mode

donkey show said:
LOOKS LIKE LOS ANGELES IS ASPLODING TOO!!!!!!!!111111111

dsbrawl1.jpg

SMASH BROS IN MY HIZOUSE!!!

the zeon flag really makes your setup look amazingly awesome.

Lyte Edge

If anyone wants to play some online this afternoon/tonight, I'll be up for it. Something tells me it won't be a problem finding people to play though.

Jiggy

Robert R1 said:
Multiplayer: Fighting/platformer hybrid
Single-player: Beat-em-up/platformer/action game hybrid

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
flipping_heck said:
Is turning into ZSS a good trade off then since we can't manually select her on the character screen?

Depends, she's close combat. However her FS is pretty poor so the tradeoff isnt great. Its like they wanted her to be a gimmick.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Lyte Edge said:
If anyone wants to play some online this afternoon/tonight, I'll be up for it. Something tells me it won't be a problem finding people to play though.
Yeah, it's more like finding the game, amirite. :(
When the department store ladies give you a look like "You better be lined up two weeks ago for this." you know you're out of luck.

Aras

sp0rsk said:
I think the diference between Samus\Zelda is that Samus turns into ZSS through her final smash and Zelda can change at will at any time. ZSS is kind of a bonus whereas Zelda is a 2 in 1 character?

there must be another way to transform into ZZS =( that'd be unfair

Lyte Edge

Hey, maybe Zero Suit Samus is still an unlockable character...and her final smash turns her into the regular Samus. The game just came out so no one knows for sure yet, right?

RevenantKioku said:
Yeah, it's more like finding the game, amirite. :(
When the department store ladies give you a look like "You better be lined up two weeks ago for this." you know you're out of luck.

Hate to say the obvious, but you really should have reserved it somewhere a while ago. The good news is that the supposed "shortage" should only last into next week and more copies should be coming then.

There are stores where I am that let you reserve games for free or just pay a few hundred yen and you're guaranteed a copy. I do it with any "big" game releases, especially the Nintendo ones. Chameleon Club not only lets you reserve anything for free, but also gives you a couple hundred yen OFF when you buy the title at release. I pre-paid for Smash at a Yamada Denki though...figured CC was already full up. This game was giving me DS Lite vibes and I didn't want to go through that mess again.

sprsk

I just recieved a secret message from somewhere in the blackness of the internet that says holding R while picking Samus allows you to play as ZSS. I won't know if this is for reals till tonight. Unless someone else who has it can confirm.

ant1532

Banned
sp0rsk said:
I just recieved a secret message from somewhere in the blackness of the internet that says holding R while picking Samus allows you to play as ZSS.
Can you confirm that !?

edit- ugh. donkey show, you know what to do.

Flakster99

sp0rsk said:
I just recieved a secret message from somewhere in the blackness of the internet that says holding R while picking Samus allows you to play as ZSS. I won't know if this is for reals till tonight. Though, unless someone else who has it can confirm.

:D

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
sp0rsk, you said no custom stages online...

Try registering someone as a Wii friend, a smash friend, and sending them your custom stage... then see if it can work.

Zenith

Banned
dammit, when are we going to see the new Metal Gear on Snake's stage? I thought people would be going bananas over that.

Lyte Edge

sp0rsk said:
I just recieved a secret message from somewhere in the blackness of the internet that says holding R while picking Samus allows you to play as ZSS. I won't know if this is for reals till tonight. Unless someone else who has it can confirm.

:O

I'll check this afternoon, but I'm sure it will be confirmed as real or fake way before then.

Shit, I'm all hyped up for Smash X now. Might be time for nenkyu.

Threi

notag
sp0rsk said:

Wiimote users am cry

sprsk

GaimeGuy said:
sp0rsk, you said no custom stages online...

Try registering someone as a Wii friend, a smash friend, and sending them your custom stage... then see if it can work.

You can't play them because of the way the stage select works. You're supposed to have 3 tabs.

New stages
DX stages
Custom stages

In the online mode, there are only two tabs.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Lyte Edge said:
Hate to say the obvious, but you really should have reserved it somewhere a while ago. The good news is that the supposed "shortage" should only last into next week and more copies should be coming then.
Yeah, except I did reserve it and got cut off because of the supply shortage. My only hope is that this somehow got fixed and when Tsutaya opens today they call me with good news. :/

sprsk

ant1532 said:
do most japanese stores open at 8 am or 10 am? I forget which one of the two it is.

10:00
For big launches they tend to open a few minutes earlier, though, depending on the line.

Firestorm

Robert R1 said:

There is a 10 hour platformer as single player (or co-op) along with a infinite hour fighter as multiplayer.

CrisKre

Its a Fighting game at core. This version happens to have an AWESOME single player action mode that is deep. Still the fighter aspect of it is top notch and incredibly fun. And id say it has more in common with powerstone than street fighter.

Firestorm

Wouldn't the only people in line be those with pre-orders the way this seems to be going?

donkey show we want perfectly done shots of how Brawl looks on your HDTV. There is a tutorial somewhere and you should use it!

Dammit. sp0rsk doesn't get home 'til around the time I go to bed. Japan time sucks :(

sprsk

Firestorm said:
Wouldn't the only people in line be those with pre-orders the way this seems to be going?

donkey show we want perfectly done shots of how Brawl looks on your HDTV. There is a tutorial somewhere and you should use it!

Dammit. sp0rsk doesn't get home 'til around the time I go to bed. Japan time sucks :(

There are stores that don't do preorders. There was a sign on my local store this morning saying they only had enough for preorders. Sux for you non preorderin fools!

Synless

Someone needs to check that ZSS thing, She's one of the characters I wanted to play as.

Edit* I also saw Mr. Game and Watch in here earlier, is he playable or just a character that you fight against???

ant1532

Banned
sp0rsk said:
There are stores that don't do preorders. There was a sign on my local store this morning saying they only had enough for preorders. Sux for you non preorderin fools!
whats the word on smash and the 1up show? this week or next?

Top Bottom