• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SMT V: Switch Exclusive

Aters

First person please. SMT is long, and the same animation gets old pretty quick. Or maybe they can make it third person but let us skip animation.

NeonZ

I thought SMTIV is among the more uplifting title in the series, at least atmosphere wise. Tokyo feels alive (with electricity and all) compared to Nocturne or SMT1 Tokyo.

The only reason the SMT1 Tokyo seems empty is that npcs only become visible once you walk on their square. There were random people standing around, stores and bars open and electricity too.

Bring back dungeons. Would be weird if Persona becomes the series with the better dungeons out of nowhere. P5 was a step in the right direction while SMTIV was a step back.

HenryEen

Banned
The only reason the SMT1 Tokyo seems empty is that npcs only become visible once you walk on their square. There were random people standing around, stores and bars open and electricity too.

Yeah, you are correct, I think SMT1 outdated graphic actually helps making the atmosphere 'bleaker' than SMTIV.

Personally I prefer the more 'crappy (bleaker?)' post-apocalyptic setting like Nocturne's Tokyo or Blasted/Infernal Tokyo in SMTIV.

My #2 most wanted after Xenoblade 2. Trailer looks fantastic. I couldn't help but smile when I first saw it, remembering all the 'of course it'll be released on PS4, too' postings on NeoGAF.

This can't come soon enough.

autoduelist

If I was ever going to be convinced to get a switch, it would probably be for this. But... I think I can resist. Sad it's exclusive, but I'll survive.

EDarkness

Good to know that we'll be getting this in the West. Kinda cool that they decided to announce this now instead of waiting. Reminds me that I have to finish the other games before this comes out.

The only thing worse than rejoicing that someone else can't play a game they want to play is using the term 'jelly'.

Just for the record: I would have had no problem with smt5 being multiplat. However, sonygaf acted as if a PS4-version was set in stone - made extra obnoxious that any notion of persona 5 being ported to Switch was an offensive idea to the same people.

That's why this specific exclusivity made me smile :)

MegaMelon

I want to be super optimistic and say a late 2019/early 2020 release for the west but I'm getting flashbacks of Winter 2014. Either way, can't wait to play this!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Just for the record: I would have had no problem with smt5 being multiplat. However, sonygaf acted as if a PS4-version was set in stone - made extra obnoxious that any notion of persona 5 being ported to Switch was an offensive idea to the same people.

That's why this specific exclusivity made me smile :)
At beganing I thought it might come out on PS4 because before the trailer they called it the "HD project". But with that being said, if you look at the history the only main line SMT ever got on Playstation was SMT III Nocrurne and the rest was only on Nintendo if remember correctly. SMT is mostly Nintendo series same way as Persona is Playstation series.

DonF

If you like a series, you want that series to sell well. It made sense for it to be on the switch and ps4, given the dev. If you are happy that less people are going to play the game you like, wtf is wrong with you, lawl.
Its going to sell well still...
"SMT V sold ∞ more on switch"

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If you like a series, you want that series to sell well. It made sense for it to be on the switch and ps4, given the dev. If you are happy that less people are going to play the game you like, wtf is wrong with you, lawl.
And exclusives sale systems. I decided to buy Switch because of SMTV. (I bought Switch sooner because of Odyssey).

EDarkness

The whole console war thing is annoying, but there were quite a few folks here who were telling folks this was definitely going to be on the PS4. That didn't come to pass, but even if it's not on the PS4, fans of the game should get it on the NS.

My biggest wish for smt5 is to get rid of any grinding. Grinding wasn't even really helpful in smt4, but it was necessary to be able to fuse specific demons that you wanted. It'd be great if smt5 further focuses on the series' puzzle-like combat, where it's most important to use the right skills and right commands in any given situation. Smt4 was almost like that. Now do away with the 'almost'.

Top Bottom