• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snape boned Dumbledore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was unexpected for me. I mean yeah now that i look at it it does make sense from what is described in book 7 but wowowow. im in shock!

Saoh

Father_Brain said:
...How stupid do you think kids are?

very stupid. i still haven't got the results from the lab yet but High School Musical may have done some serious brain damage to juniors.

Gaborn

Saoh said:
very stupid. i still haven't got the results from the lab yet but High School Musical may have done some serious brain damage to juniors.

High_School_Musical_Remix.jpg

Vs

51FQA7SSCAL._AA280_.jpg

You're right, kids probably have no sense of what some gay people look and are like (not that he's particularly representative...)

Firestorm

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2...neville-marries-hannah-abbott-and-scores-more

Crapload of more info there.

Q: In the Goblet of Fire Dumbledore said his brother was prosecuted for practicing inappropriate charms [JKR buries her head, to laughter] on a goat; what were the inappropriate charms he was practicing on that goat?

JKR: How old are you?

Eight.

JKR: I think that he was trying to make a goat that was easy to keep clean [laughter], curly horns. That's a joke that works on a couple of levels. I really like Aberforth and his goats. But you know Aberforth having this strange fondness for goats if you've read book seven, came in really useful to Harry, later on, because a goat, a stag, you know. If you're a stupid Death Eater, what's the difference. So, that is my answer to YOU.

[loud applause]

:lol

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Q: In the Goblet of Fire Dumbledore said his brother was prosecuted for practicing inappropriate charms [JKR buries her head, to laughter] on a goat; what were the inappropriate charms he was practicing on that goat?

JKR: How old are you?

Eight.

JKR: I think that he was trying to make a goat that was easy to keep clean [laughter], curly horns. That's a joke that works on a couple of levels. I really like Aberforth and his goats. But you know Aberforth having this strange fondness for goats if you've read book seven, came in really useful to Harry, later on, because a goat, a stag, you know. If you're a stupid Death Eater, what's the difference. So, that is my answer to YOU.

:lol :lol

Lobster

Banned
:lol :lol

My friend told me this at school but I thought he was fucking with me cause I liked the Harry Potter books.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The biggest question was he a bottom or a top?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
gofreak said:
I think they mean communicating it explicitly, not having explicit sex in the book :p Like filling in his backstory in the books in a way that would make it clear he was gay.

I bet Dumbledore wished he could fill in Grindelwald's backstory.

JayDubya

Banned
I'm not generally one for post-modern literary interpretation (the kind that divorces a work from the author's intent), especially when the author is still alive, but OH COME ON.

Like someone else said, at this point I think she's just fucking with people because she can.

This does add even more hilarity to the Potter Puppet Pals though.

bill0527

Saoh said:

My 11 year old daughter knows what gay means. She may not know the physical details of being gay ... or maybe she does, but she definitely knows that being gay means you are solely attracted to members of your own gender.

Novid

Banned
Now shes just ribbing us, as for the book...I never really got into it(as much as i did "His Dark Materials") and only knew why it got so popluar by the start of the 7th book was it was written for chavs/in chaviac langauge/in such a way that it would be understood by the masses (mostly chavs). Im not against that but...it just sort of rubs the wrong way you know.

The slashers can do what they want, and as for the Kiddies, at least Potter was covert, HSM1-2 are just blantly overt. Its kinda sad.

Gaborn

Novid said:
Now shes just ribbing us, as for the book...I never really got into it(as much as i did "His Dark Materials") and only knew why it got so popluar by the start of the 7th book was it was written for chavs/in chaviac langauge/in such a way that it would be understood by the masses (mostly chavs). Im not against that but...it just sort of rubs the wrong way you know.

The slashers can do what they want, and as for the Kiddies, at least Potter was covert, HSM1-2 are just blantly overt. Its kinda sad.

Actually I don't know. Please DO tell how a fictional character being gay "rubs the wrong way"?

Novid said:

She is not joking.
"Harry Potter" author J.K. Rowling confirmed to TIME Magazine Friday at a public appearance that Hogwarts headmaster Albus Dumbledore, the father figure to Harry in the successful series, is gay.

Rowling went on to explain that Dumbledore was smitten with rival Gellert Grindelwald, whom he defeated long ago in a battle between good and bad wizards. Ultimately his love was his "great tragedy... Falling in love can blind us to an extent."

More relevant is that Rowling told the audience that while working on the planned sixth Potter film, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," she spotted a reference in the script to a girl who once was of interest to Dumbledore. A note was duly passed to director David Yates, revealing the truth about her character.

The more I think about it, the more that this development makes sense. When I was reading DH, the way Dumbledore's friendship with Grindlewald was described came off as more than just admiration and hero worship.

LM4sure

Banned
Snape boned Dumbledore

That's funny. I get it. It's when people were ruining the sixth (?) book by saying Snape killed Dumbledore. But now you're saying Snape boned him!! Although he probably didn't, it's still funny. Cheers! :lol

LM4sure said:

That's funny. I get it. It's when people were ruining the sixth (?) book by saying Snape killed Dumbledore. But now you're saying Snape boned him!! Although he probably didn't, it's still funny. Cheers! :lol
14274Homer.gif

Novid

Banned
Cyan said:
Chavs? You mean, like these people?

ichstun.jpg

I don't think they can read or write.

Oh they cant write...thats honestly true... As for reading? Enough of the chavs can. Im not saying they can COMPREHEND what they are reading, but they can read. Its enough of them, and enough of the pre-teens and the book (s) sell more than anything Tokien or Lewis wrote.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Well, played, JKR. Well played. Albus gay and Aberforth a goat-fucker. I'm fucking dying over here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom