• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

ruxtpin

Banned
Likely a stupid question, but I'm just now realizing I might have been buying shoes that are slightly too large. I was trying on some New Balance 998s the other day, the store didn't have size 10.5 (which I usually get) so I tried on a 10. The size 10 had a snugger fit around the toe-box (as I think I have wide forefoot), but it wasn't bad; however with the 10.5s I'm able to easily slide my index finger in behind my heel, which leads me to believe they're too loose.

I bought the size 10, but now I'm not sure if I should hang onto the 10.5s I have or try and sell them off (replacing them with size 10s). Does anyone else here have different half sizes in the same shoe?

Reckoner

Likely a stupid question, but I'm just now realizing I might have been buying shoes that are slightly too large. I was trying on some New Balance 998s the other day, the store didn't have size 10.5 (which I usually get) so I tried on a 10. The size 10 had a snugger fit around the toe-box (as I think I have wide forefoot), but it wasn't bad; however with the 10.5s I'm able to easily slide my index finger in behind my heel, which leads me to believe they're too loose.

I bought the size 10, but now I'm not sure if I should hang onto the 10.5s I have or try and sell them off (replacing them with size 10s). Does anyone else here have different half sizes in the same shoe?

The only thing I can tell you is that my NB 998 are 9.5 and I'm a 10 TTS and it fits perfectly fine

Oh my.

5pgFeHT.jpg

shira

Your size should be slightly different for each foot too lul
pup.gif

REQUOTE MY POST FOR A W, IGNORE FOR AN L

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Selling these AJ1 Mid Nouveau Night Shadow, new with box and all. Size US9.5 They are dope, but I already have a pair in 10.

2Vlu5E9.jpg

Contact me if interested to get the Ebay listing.

acohrs

What's the signature Asics model? Interested in trying out sneakers other than Boosts and Asics seem to be the next best thing

ruxtpin

Banned
How about the Gel Kayano or Cumulus?

Comfortable, but last time I wore those I used them for a couple of marathons.

Unrelated: Best place to sell used shoes, eBay or another spot? Got some size 10.5 Nike Killshots, Nike Blue Waffle Racers, NB Moonshot, and NB Toucans - all from JCrew. All are nigh spotless.

soultron

Banned
I'd say the majority of sneakers Asics releases (That aren't running shoes) are either the Gel-Lyte III or V.

Followed by the Kayano (Gore-tex, suede, knit etc.), Sight and Respector.
This is correct, IMO.

The GL5 is the most comfortable model, IMO. I wore my Gel Kayano knits this weekend and they're really comfy too but the heel is really stiff. My beater shoe is an Air Max Tavas and not having the softness of something like an Air heel unit in the GKs takes some adjustment. The GL5, on the other hand, is nice and spongey throughout the sole. Similar to an Air Pegasus 83, if you've ever worn one.

I'm just getting into shoes with Boost midsole now, but the GL5 remains my favourite model of shoe. When you can catch a good CW that matches your taste, don't hesitate!

Reckoner

+1 on the GL5 really great shoe. looks good, my favorites comfort wise.

While we're at the comfort discussion, how's the comfort on the AJ1?

I'm still debating on dropping 200 pounds on these. I really like the look and would love a pair of Jordans, but the sole seems really meh, similar to the one on the SB Dunks which I don't think are that comfortable at all.

What's the signature Asics model? Interested in trying out sneakers other than Boosts and Asics seem to be the next best thing

I prefer the Gel 3 only because the split tongue and it seems to come in more fun patterns over the Gel 5s. Can't go wrong with either though.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

+1 to the Gel III. My pair has been outstandingly comfy for three years; one of the only kicks I haven't felt that a separate insole is necessary (Rick Owens being the other), and the split tongue is great.

i found a pair of kd6's in the volt colorway on ebay for a pretty decent price

they might be my favorite basketball shoe to play in ever, so i had to cop. i just also wanted to share :<

Fjordson

Here's where I found the release date for the OG NMDs that's why I was wondering what the sizing are like for NMDs.

http://www.solelinks.com/

Edit: Never mind. It's a typo. It says March 25th when you click the link. I'm sad now. Sorry, GAF.
Ah damn, yeah they rereleases them last month.

For NMD R1 sizing, as others have said go half size down for primeknit pairs. True to size also works I think, I have a few like that where I couldn't find a 13.5. Just don't size up at all.

acohrs

Only pair there that look ok are the black/white Inikis. Adidas still fucking around with stupid patterns.

Agreed, nothing jumped out at me as a must have. Surprised by the number of NMD R2 CWs when they haven't sold that amazingly well.

Very curious about the TB Y-3 pure boost too (not in those photos) but those will sellout straightaway and definitely don't want to pay resale on those!

Reckoner

Man I really don't feel the NMDs at all. Look bland to me and the amount of fakes people wear where I live don't help. I once considered them as my summer sneakers but it's really not my style. I'm now eyeing the Gel Respectors Japanese Gardens but I took a look at them today and it's too pink and not really salmon as people are saying in the Internet.

btw, Adidas is releasing Mi Adidas in Europe this week for the Ultra Boost

Fjordson

I still love NMD's (R1 and R2's). Has to be primeknit, though.

Japanese triple blacks are hot as fuck. Will probably be impossible to get, though.

Go half size up. The shoe is fine everywhere but the toe box, it gets super tight there.

Personally I went TTS, but had to take out insoles. I have a narrow foot Btw.

Thanks for the tip. I wound up getting Space Jams but I'll take that advice when I attempt to snag the Cream Whites (wishful thinking).

Top Bottom