• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Reckoner

Anyone know how Flyknit Racers fit ?

I typically wear a half-size down on all flyknit stuff, but have heard the Racers you can go TTS?

I'm a 10 with Nike and a 10.5 on Flyknit Racers fits me perfectly

It's best to try the Racers yourself before purchase. It has a very slim shape and varies a lot depending on people's feet.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

I typically wear a half-size down on all flyknit stuff, but have heard the Racers you can go TTS?

They're super narrow, I'm an 11 and I couldn't even get them on, you're best to go into a store and try some on.

soultron

Banned
Got my pirate black UBs in today and holy shit these are comfortable. They blow the inikis away, honestly. My NMD R1s are coming soon too, so I'm eager to see how they stack up too.

The UBs have really nice cushioning around the top of the ankle and near the tongue. The inikis, in comparison, are really flimsy in these key areas. Still love the inikis, but the UBs are next level. I get the hype.

EDIT: Footlocker Canada canceled my triple white R1s.... L

I'm a 10 with Nike and a 10.5 on Flyknit Racers fits me perfectly

It's best to try the Racers yourself before purchase. It has a very slim shape and varies a lot depending on people's feet.

They're super narrow, I'm an 11 and I couldn't even get them on, you're best to go into a store and try some on.

Half to a full size up. They are super narrow in the heel and forefoot.

Dang. I'll just pass on the Multicolors then.

Literally too lazy to go down to Nike Portland to try them on.

That's ok...my eyes are still on the AM97 Silver Bullets anyway.

I usually go TTS for Racers, though it's fine to actually go half a size up as Racers are quite narrow.

Got my pirate black UBs in today and holy shit these are comfortable. They blow the inikis away, honestly. My NMD R1s are coming soon too, so I'm eager to see how they stack up too.

The UBs have really nice cushioning around the top of the ankle and near the tongue. The inikis, in comparison, are really flimsy in these key areas. Still love the inikis, but the UBs are next level. I get the hype.

EDIT: Footlocker Canada canceled my triple white R1s.... L

UBs are basically top tier in terms of Boost while I'd easily put Inikis above the NMD R1s. Getting my R2s so not sure how they're going to rate in my scale, nor have I tried on any Yeezys either.

But for the most part, nothing can really beat UBs in terms of the comfort level of Boost.

soultron

Banned
I usually go TTS for Racers, though it's fine to actually go half a size up as Racers are quite narrow.

UBs are basically top tier in terms of Boost while I'd easily put Inikis above the NMD R1s. Getting my R2s so not sure how they're going to rate in my scale, nor have I tried on any Yeezys either.

But for the most part, nothing can really beat UBs in terms of the comfort level of Boost.

Not getting my R1s anymore as per my post edit, but I did grab the R2s from this week's release so it'll be interesting to see how those stack up, yeah.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone get a win on those Haven TB Ultras?

Good to see the creams will have more stock than the breds, bet I still take a L. Still gutted Yeezy Supply stopped shipping to Europe.

soultron

Banned
Anyone get a win on those Haven TB Ultras?

Good to see the creams will have more stock than the breds, bet I still take a L. Still gutted Yeezy Supply stopped shipping to Europe.

The online release was bullshit, so no. Go back a few pages and you'll see.

They're doing a wider release tomorrow at various retailers.

LosDaddie

Banned
I needed a new shoe for everyday stuff:

SyYg7W7.jpg

Love the colorway

Not getting my R1s anymore as per my post edit, but I did grab the R2s from this week's release so it'll be interesting to see how those stack up, yeah.

Yeah I saw that and sucks but hopefully you'll find a pair of R1s that you like.

That said, the Inikis I've found to be more comfortable over the R1s due to the lack of the 'LEGO blocks' but the R1s are still quite comfortable for the most part.

Nikokuno

A while since u didn't visit here.

AFEW is releasing a collab with Diadora 'Highly Addictive', I love the shoe (V7000), perfect for Spring/Summer season. Hope I'll take a W for a raffle even if it's going to be hard, but since it's not the hypest brand I have some hope.

Else going to pay resell...

Is anyone already visit the AFEW shop?

VoxPop

Got the kith mid UBs off a friend for a good price. So stoked!

Really wish I bit on the Human NMDs (black) when I had the chance. Resale value went up like $200 since the last time. :(

shira

https://www.engadget.com/2017/04/07/adidas-futurecraft-4d-3d-printing-carbon/ said:
Last year's 3D-printed Adidas sneaker arrived in December in very limited numbers. For this followup to the 3D Runner, Adidas says it will produce 300 pairs later this month for its friends & family

Marrying someone who works at Adidas to cop, lul

Much, much lower.

good good

Ahhhh! Local shop here at the mall has the White Mountaineering x Adidas NMD in the red/blue in my size for $220...

😑

Cop or not...

Hitta93

Banned
What are you guys' thoughts on low-top jordans? Avoid and hold out for the mid tops?

Good in my book depending the model. Just bought a pair of low top Chicago 2s and the low 11s, 12s, and the 13s are probably the best as far as low top Jordans.

Want to get the Brave Blue pair on discount.

Xion385

Thanks helping me get these SneakerGAF! Happy Holidays! I fear this my start my shoe addiction.

4 Months later, here we are...

Hey, SneakerGAF. I was wondering what was the sizing like for Adidas NMD R1s? I heard it's a half size down from your normal shoe size. They didn't have any at my store, but I tried the Ultra Boost and XR1s. My normal size is 10.5. The Ultra Boost fit me just fine a half size down, but the XR1 was hurting my foot. I heard the NMDs had different sizing depending on the shoe. Also it depends if they're Prime Knit or not. So are the R1s true size?

I was looking to get these on April 25th.

800255_2.jpg

Also, I wish these Glitch Greys that came out came in Men's sizes. :(

adidas-nmd-r1-glitch-solid-grey-white.jpg

shira

What are you guys' thoughts on low-top jordans? Avoid and hold out for the mid tops?

11's are no for me

Hey, SneakerGAF. I was wondering what was the sizing like for Adidas NMD R1s? I heard it's a half size down from your normal shoe size. They didn't have any at my store, but I tried the Ultra Boost and XR1s. My normal size is 10.5. The Ultra Boost fit me just fine a half size down, but the XR1 was hurting my foot. I heard the NMDs had different sizing depending on the shoe. Also it depends if they're Prime Knit or not. So are the R1s true size?

[MG]https://www.flightclub.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x570/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/8/0/800255_2.jpg[/IMG]

[MG]http://www.sneakerfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/adidas-nmd-r1-glitch-solid-grey-white.jpg[/IMG]
It's too bad Adidas is all over the place sizing wise. I like to put inserts sometimes too.

kinda want

YuShtink

800255_2.jpg

Not sure if it will help but here's my personal breakdown from getting pretty heavy into sneakers in the last year:

I have wide feet.

I wear 12s in Jordans and most Nikes.

I have a size 12 yeezy 350 and those are a little snug on the toes. Fit better if I remove the insole.

I have 11.5 Ultraboosts. that give my toes plenty of breathing room (almost too much) but the cage was a little tight when I first put them on. Luckily that's easy to adjust and now they are perfect. I feel like 11s would be too snug on the side and 12s would be too long for my toes.

Regular mesh NMD R1 I fit very nicely in an 11.5 and if anything it runs loose. 11s are just an ounce snug but still feel good.

Primeknit NMDs and R2s actually fit perfectly in size 11 for some reason, they tend to be even looser than R1s. The first boost shoe I ever bought was a size 12 and it was just too big.

For my feet I've definitely been able to size down a half size or even full size on some models.

800255_2.jpg

Go TTS for mesh NMD, but size down half a size for PK.

As for the Glitch Greys you posted, those are the Men's version, which I picked up in a Men's 9 in February. These are the Glitch Black pair that also came out the same day as the Greys. The Women's one that just released look similar but have a glow in the dark midsole.

Men's:

Women's:

800255_2.jpg

If this helps

My normal size is 12.5.

Yeezy 350 - 13
NMD mesh - 13
NMD r1 and r2 pk - 12.5

For me, it comes down to the toe box room. The half size bump on the mesh and yeezys goes a long way to give some room to the toe box but not feel loose anywhere else. The r1 and r2 pk NMDs fit perfectly at 12.5.

Ymmv obviously.

YuShtink

Do yall think these Royal 1s look legit? Below usual resell. Look good to me tbh.

Looks legit. The only thing I notice about this pair, and this is nit-picky, is that it has inconsistencies in the leather tumble. The toes are consistent but I can tell from the bottom pic that one swoosh on one shoe looks nicely tumbled and the other isn't at all. Heel areas on both shoes doesn't look very tumbled either.

Again, it's nit-picking and wouldn't stop me from copping. I copped 2 pairs and one has the same kind of inconsistency. A ton of other people have the same thing. Nike was a little sloppy on this release so AGAIN it doesn't mean they aren't legit. And really the old school Royal wasn't tumbled anyway, so non-tumbled is really more true OG if anything. I say if the price is right go for it.

BumRush

Just a heads up, a good portion of the Alphabounces are $60 at Finish Line. Can't vouch for them as I don't own any but others on here say they're super comfortable (and I dig their silhouette)

Need some advice.

So, I got a nice tax return and decided I want to get some Yeezys as a gift to myself. Thing is, I don't know what size to get. I'm an 8.5 in Nike and the only time I ever tried Adidas, they were snug at that size. I remember reading that the best bet is to go a size to a size and a half bigger than what you'd normally get.

Yeezys are a big investment so I want to get the right size. What would you guys suggest? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Need some advice.

So, I got a nice tax return and decided I want to get some Yeezys as a gift to myself. Thing is, I don't know what size to get. I'm an 8.5 in Nike and the only time I ever tried Adidas, they were snug at that size. I remember reading that the best bet is to go a size to a size and a half bigger than what you'd normally get.

Yeezys are a big investment so I want to get the right size. What would you guys suggest? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Depends what yeezys you're looking to get, but I believe they size similar to ultra boosts. See if you can find a store with UBs in stock and go from there

Side note, I know reps are controversial but they're basically 1:1 at this point. Resellers suck, so I've personally gone the rep route and don't regret it at all.

Depends what yeezys you're looking to get, but I believe they size similar to ultra boosts. See if you can find a store with UBs in stock and go from there

Side note, I know reps are controversial but they're basically 1:1 at this point. Resellers suck, so I've personally gone the rep route and don't regret it at all.

I'm looking to get Breds. I'll see if I can find a store with UBs in stock. Thanks for the tip.

Xion385

Regular mesh NMD R1 I fit very nicely in an 11.5 and if anything it runs loose. 11s are just an ounce snug but still feel good.

Primeknit NMDs and R2s actually fit perfectly in size 11 for some reason, they tend to be even looser than R1s. The first boost shoe I ever bought was a size 12 and it was just too big.

For my feet I've definitely been able to size down a half size or even full size on some models.

Go TTS for mesh NMD, but size down half a size for PK.

Thanks, guys! So what's the likelihood of me getting the pair I want on release day? Do I just go to adidas website and get in queue? I never done adidas before.

I'm looking to get Breds. I'll see if I can find a store with UBs in stock. Thanks for the tip.
Only Yeezys I like so far. I also what to know what the sizing for these if I ever get blessed to be able to give Adidas my money. I like them in spite of Kanye.

shira

https://twitter.com/theyeezymafia/status/773687015011446784 said:
@theyeezymafia
YEEZY BOOST 350 V2 /// FITS SNUG GO SIZE +0.5 UP (If you cop though) RT

Do the different yeezy colorways have different fits within 350v2?

Top Bottom