• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

shira

Source: https://storage.googleapis.com/think/docs/its-lit.pdf

googlevg2rgl8i.png

Adidas what?
Boost what?
Yeezy who?

soultron

Banned
Adidas what?
Boost what?
Yeezy who?
I generally don't think any of these things matter to Gen Z kids. Ye isn't a brand and his apparel and footwear being so expensive and limited means the reach is limited, IMO.

Ye is big but I think kids would probably say shit like Lil Uzi Vert is a bigger/better rapper. Hahah

As a 29-year-old I don't think Ye is as big with the kids/Gen Z as he is with Millennials.

Fjordson

Kinda want the NMD R1s that have the glow in the dark outsole. Women's run only, but I can get a size 10 at least. 🤔

Also for PK, you should go .5 size down, right?
It's a safe bet. TTS isn't horrible, but the PK feels better when it's actually forming to your feet, which works better half size down for me.

soultron

Banned
Some of the adidas stuff appears to be dropping today already? Capsule has the full set dropping at midnight for my Canadians in here.

It's a safe bet. TTS isn't horrible, but the PK feels better when it's actually forming to your feet, which works better half size down for me.

Cool. Might try for the women's grey Glow in the Dark or the navy polka dot pairs. Kinda want the white/red pair or the navy striped pair on the men's side but stock is quite low for both.

At this rate, the glow pair seems more easier to cop of the four, but we'll see.

gotoadgo

Managed to cop a pair of the NMD_R2 White/Core Red this morning. Not entirely sure if I wanna keep them or get rid of them later in the month to offset the white Yeezys(if I get a pair of course). I'll keep them in the box until then I guess.

Making sure my lace tension is about right on the xpands before I snip the excess because then your loosen up availability is gone.

The difference from your typical shoe puts your feet though a noticeable adjustment. They are like cleats at first. Probably best to slowly transition to more time in these. But I did 10 hours and 10 miles in them walking around.
What will stay different is the lack of foot feel towards the toes that normal shoes have. Going down stairs you will notice it. But I like the trade off because when I have to squat down and balance on the balls of my feet their are air bubbles under those pressure points with all my weight on it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I do wonder though, how hard wearing are the soles? Because it seems like if you wear through the initial plastic layer and let it pop it essentially becomes unwearable.

They didn't skimp on the plastic and rubber used. It's not water bottle or rubber-band stuff.
You would have to use them as brakes like you might of done as a kid on a bike.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I meant more like over time. Like even the best sole material will wear out over time.

Though with how many shoes I cycle through that might not be too much of a problem lol.

soultron

Banned
I can't believe the white/reds are turning out to be bricks. Aside from the CS2 (bots cooooked) the white/red is the CW I like the most from this release. I didn't even like the R2 until this CW, honestly.

Ended up with the blue R2s (men's) as I couldn't quite pull the trigger on the polka dot women's pair. At least if I don't like the fit, I can return locally to the SF Adidas store.

I did size down half a size so the 8.5 should be good.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Suprised to see quite alot of those NMDs still sitting on ADC UK. I had no problem adding the striped socks to the cart but decided to leave them.

Although I do like those pearl grey Inikis.

BB2101_01_standard.jpg

shira

Suprised to see quite alot of those NMDs still sitting on ADC UK. I had no problem adding the striped socks to the cart but decided to leave them.

Although I do like those pearl grey Inikis.

BB2101_01_standard.jpg

Something about the mints is just nicer.

suplex

suplex said:
No royals reserve for me.

I'm sure they'll reserve me something I don't want next week.

Yep, they sent me a reserve for the KD9 summer pack even though I've never bought a pair of KDs haha.

Reckoner

Thoughts on the Gel Respector?

Got the Gel Lyte V Tandoori but I'm gonna trade them for the salmon toe respectors. All red sneakers are not for me it seems.

Bought the Flyknit 2.0 but cancelled the order. I already have the 3.0 and would rather spend that money on the Air Max 97 silver bullets instead.

Top Bottom