• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Scrawnton

My local Gamestop had nine for preorder and my friend was first in line while I was stuck at work. His very generous roommate drove down there to get in line to preorder one for me. So happy.

What are you people doing to get it on Target?
If you managed to get it into your cart before and it disappeared, you can then go to your cart and try to re-add it via the "Saved For Later" pop up, then click that. Refresh if the button goes away due to the "item sold out" message.

I completely agree with your points, but was just curious about one part - didn't Nintendo say there will be an essentially identical hard mode included with the game? Is the Fusion mode significantly different from the included hard mode?
Yes, it is harder then 'hard' mode.

Fusion mode will be separate from Samus Returns' "hard" mode, however. Speaking to USGamer, Nintendo clarified that a more difficult mode will become available after beating the game for the first time, but it won't be as difficult as the Fusion mode
https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/samus-returns-hard-mode/amp/

Plus it has the fusion suit.

Really, really stupid to gate it behind an amiibo knowing the track record for availability.

zulux21

You do if the pre-order button goes away after you click it a bunch of times, else you don't have anything to click.
I never had mine vanish, but I also set my clicker to be slow enough that the pop up saying it wasn't in stock vanished for a bit.

I'd like to set mine up in the same manner, can you share the link to grab the auto clicker please?

I am honestly not sure where I got it from sadly as that was like a month ago.
but it shouldn't be that hard to find one.

I will send you a link to what I think I have via PM, but download at your own risk as while I think it is clean, it's not impossible that there is malware in it.

Sort of wish all sites would limit 1 per customer. I know people want to buy them for their kids and friends but that also means people who wanted them for themselves get kinda screwed.

I will find a way

giphy.gif

Try and stop me NoA

Your 11 units per store will not sway me!

zulux21

Got the email confirmation, and the pending charge. Hope it doesn't get cancelled.

I kept pressing pre order now, and refreshing the page.

same. I am hoping that because I ordered two it doesn't get cancelled >.<

I just want to play a few games on it and have my wife play a link to the past on something that won't lose her save as emulator, on my official snes ect I have lost her save after she reached the dark world lol.

WTF TARGET WENT THROUGH...

I was in cart. I didn't have the item in cart, but it was in "Saved for later". I kept on trying and it kept on saying OOS.

I hit "Checkout" with an empty cart, and at checkout the cart showed SNES Classic.

So weird!

R-User!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

I really pushed the limits of my Volt today and came flying into the parking lot, ran past some guy putting his bike in the rack by the entrance and snagged the last one. The guy with the bike came in right behind me asking for the last one, but sadly the cashier had to inform him I just bought it. I was so happy to get this I even signed up for their rewards program as a thank you gesture.

Holy Fucking Shit!!!.....
....that's incredible!!!

(mat)

YES! Got one through Target. Unfortunately, my friend wants one more than I do, and I'm a good person, so it's his. :-(

Who am I kidding? I can't afford one for myself anyway.

Congrats to my buddy though! So glad I could help!

zulux21

Sort of wish all sites would limit 1 per customer. I know people want to buy them for their kids and friends but that also means people who wanted them for themselves get kinda screwed.

I'm more for a 2 per customer.

it allows you to get one for a friend as well but makes it a little harder on scalpers.

the simple fact is any scalper that is any good has many accounts set up with every major site already to bypass limits.

I mean if you live near your family even if they limited one per household you could still buy a number of them and just ship them to each family member's place.

TheGrue

Fuck. How were they able to keep them up for so long the last time they went up?

If I remember, people were surprised by the listing. With this one, there were rumors going around all the sites were posting at a specific time today. Also, since it was a mistake, they might not have had a cap on the inventory to limit to how much they were likely getting.

jennetics

YES! Got one through Target. Unfortunately, my friend wants one more than I do, and I'm a good person, so it's his. :-(

Who am I kidding? I can't afford one for myself anyway.

Congrats to my buddy though! So glad I could help!

You're a good friend

zulux21

Fuck. How were they able to keep them up for so long the last time they went up?

they likely didn't set a limit and they were only up until someone went

"HEY THAT SHOULDNT BE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

and they shut it down.

plus no one was watching for it at that time.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Target customer service chat says they are still in stock but they know their website isn't handling the volume of users trying to get it.

gePUib5.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Target customer service chat says they are still in stock but they know their website isn't handling the volume of users trying to get it.

I've been trying to add CC info since like 6 hours ago, lol. Still can't even do that.

RootCause

same. I am hoping that because I ordered two it doesn't get cancelled >.<

I just want to play a few games on it and have my wife play a link to the past on something that won't lose her save as emulator, on my official snes ect I have lost her save after she reached the dark world lol.

I doubt they would cancel because you ordered two. At worst, it would get reduced by one. Assuming they have enough for everyone that placed an order. Fingers crossed we don't get screwed. -___-

Nelo Ice

Banned
Just keep continually mashing that preorder now button on target and maybe you'll eventually get lucky
KuGsj.gif

Anyway, if the hardcore crew on GAF are having these problems now on a random fucking Tuesday, imagine how tough it'll be in a few months when EVERYONE is gunning for these. Christ almighty.
That just reminded me of what it'll be like on launch day. I did in store pick up at Best Buy. I can only imagine how insane its going to be. And there's probably gonna be salt as I walk out with one lol.

muteki

Target might as well lock preorders behind some elaborate text adventure game embedded in the page.

Better than mindlessly clicking this button over and over.

Top Bottom