• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Got an order in at Target, thanks for the mini script!

EDIT: thanks to DeanBDean for the mini script! That way I could do some work while it was auto-clicking!

kubev

Just got two through Target using the script! Thanks to whoever posted that!

(I didn't plan on buying two, I just clicked through Checkout as fast as I could. I had no idea how much it was going to cost, lol!)

Same here. I wasn't taking any chances. XD

dolabla

The sales associate at my store actually asked me "How many?".

I was stunned for a second and told him just one.

I know, right. I would have expected them to limit them to 1 per person. He said he got the last one as someone was walking in the door and they heard him pre-ordering 2 and got mad and asked him if he pre-ordered 2, lol.

I ain't gonna lie that shit would piss me off too. Sucks it's gotta be this way, but Nintendo pretty much makes it this way.

Damn, I asked if I could get one for my GF under her name and they shut me down as one per customer. They had 1 left too.

That sucks. It must depend on the person you get.

Keep trying Target guys! I was spam clicking like crazy for almost two hours and accidentally bought two.

Thank god that's over. I wish you all the best.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Now at least I have a couple orders in even though it's a pick up at Walmart and an order at Target.

Now I can get a little sleep maybe.

Juraash

I know I said I'd give up...but I tried and got one on target as well. Email confirmation and everything.

Still don't feel particularly safe, but at this point I cant do much more.

Still have my Amazon UK order, if both come through I'll post about it at launch and get the UK one to someone at cost.

Demigod Mac

Secured a second one at Target. (gifting this one!)

Some tips: use the Target mobile app. Fully set up your account in advance - shipping address, credit card, everything. Pound on that add to cart button until it works (must've taken me 200+ attempts). Go through the checkout process as fast as you can, it's a race against time at that point.

It *will* ask you to re-enter your entire CC# and CVV, so be ready for that.

Good hunting!

Mrbob

Some tips: use the Target mobile app. Fully set up your account in advance - shipping address, credit card, everything. Pound on that add to cart button until it works (must've taken me 200+ attempts). Go through the checkout process as fast as you can, it's a race against time at that point.

Good hunting!

This sounds insane, but hey it worked for you.

Blizzard

Banned
I won cookie clicker at long last.
ordero7pr7.png

I like how the Target website is perfectly designed for a roller coaster of emotions with the opportunities for you to screw yourself out of a fast checkout. I randomly got in a couple of minutes ago, already had the credit card information so I just needed the 3-digit code.

Speed through the code, confirm -- HOLD UP, WE NEED YOUR PASSWORD AGAIN. Because reasons.

Try to remember password because I rarely shop at Target, okay, got this. WAIT, WE NEED YOUR CREDIT CARD AGAIN.

Super speed credit card number. No problem. HOLD UP, COULD YOU PLEASE CONFIRM THAT 3 DIGIT CODE. AGAIN.

I couldn't believe it went through after jumping through the hoops, so now between the weird Amazon page and this page, hopefully at least one doesn't get cancelled. If neither is cancelled I can either cancel one or sell it at cost. One of my friends is a massive Nintendo fan and wasn't having any luck earlier today.

The nightmare is over for me, best of luck to everyone else.

goodcow

Good hunting!

Get a Target REDcard. Save 5%, and no CVV.

VashTS

Cool. I just sat down at my computer after trying all day on my phone and it went through first try. Veil of anger and frustration lifted. Good luck to you all in getting preorders in. We still have a month to go so don't give up!

.J.

Banned
fuck you wal mart now I can't get one

Seriously. I'm pissed. I had a UK preorder that got cancelled, then the Wal-Mart preorder was cancelled as well. Doing what I'm supposed to here, and going to get screwed by Nintendo yet again.

What a company...

Afrocious

i got so lucky. i had to re-enter my password and it's one stored in lastpass. i had to wait for the lastpass app to load, use touch id for it, search for my target password, copy and paste it into the target site on my phone, and somehow finished the checkout along with the instant reorder

Cindro

GOD

DAMMIT

I STEP AWAY FROM MY LAPTOP FOR FIVE MINUTES TO USE THE BATHROOM, AND I MISS THE TARGET RESTOCK

I'm just going to throw acid in my eyes and a scorpion down my pants so I can start having an experience that's at least one rung higher than the Nintendo customer journey

Skwerl

Guys, a quick question.
I managed to preorder a SNES classic from Amazon Germany a while back.
I am wondering if the system will work in North America, and will the games be in English.

I ASSUME given the plug being HDMI/USB, it shouldnt be an issue. It's the language that worries me. Any info on that will be appreciated, thanks guys!

KJA

-Right-click in a blank area on the Target SNES Classic product page
-Click "Inspect"
-At the top of that area, you'll see Elements, Console, Sources, etc....Click Console
-Scroll to the bottom until you see a blue > prompt
-Paste the code there and press the Enter key

The code once again is:

window.setInterval(() => {
const preOrderButton = document.getElementsByClassName('sbc-add-to-cart');
if(preOrderButton[0]) {
preOrderButton[0].click()
}
}, 5000)

JavaScript for the win. Glad to see the arrow function too :)

Blizzard

Banned
With everyone suddenly having success, I actually am having flashbacks to Wal-mart confirming the preorder via email and then cancelling later, so I almost feel the Target preorder is more risky than the Amazon preorder. :eek:

Top Bottom