• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

zeioIIDX

Teasing me now. It let me add one to my cart 60 seconds ago and then it was like "psych!" when I went to choose my address.

Fierygunrob

Neo Member
Yessssssss holy shit I'm in for two, thanks for that script! Didn't really WANT two but I didn't want to mess with anything.. So I'll probably sell the second at cost to a friend as long as they don't cancel it. Been trying to get one for 7 hours now. Fucking hell.

Brinbe

Hooray, glad most of y'all got one. =D

Thank you to the person who initially posted that script. You made many a GAFer's day today.

Everyone who got shut out, keep trying!

Congrats to everyone who got any anywhere. My friends are happy, I'm happy.

But this was still a shit show Nintendo. Ridiculous. Good luck everyone!

Afrocious

gonna screenshot my emails so ppl know how they look like

With everyone suddenly having success, I actually am having flashbacks to Wal-mart confirming the preorder via email and then cancelling later, so I almost feel the Target preorder is more risky than the Amazon preorder. :eek:

target isn't the dumpster fire walmart is

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
CC charged right away, just FYI

dMselVS.png

Why do the confirmation emails say this then?

"Your card will be charged at the time that each item is shipped, picked up, or emailed. Prices are also confirmed at these times."

Chesskid1

Banned
my bank account was showing up negative because i only had like $100 in my checking and i ordered two, i was sure target didn't charge you until it ships but it seems they did

i quickly moved over money to cover it

do i get hit with an overdraft fee?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Why do the confirmation emails say this then?

"Your card will be charged at the time that each item is shipped, picked up, or emailed. Prices are also confirmed at these times."

It may be a pre-auth charge to see if the money is there (and then removed later until ship date).

Clipse

my bank account was showing up negative because i only had like $100 in my checking and i ordered two, i was sure target didn't charge you until it ships but it seems they did

i quickly moved over money to cover it

do i get hit with an overdraft fee?
Most likely not since you covered the negative balance while the charges were still pending. I could be wrong though.

Darknight

Fuck I walked away and had 2 on my cart after that auto add shit.

Came back saw 2 and went to cart and they were gone.

So once its in your cart, I wish it would stop! Else it keeps doing it and you may lose it!

ChrisV

Just striking out everywhere. Getting married September 30 so I won't even have time to go look for one. I give up.

I CAN SLEEP NOW! Never, ever ever mention on social media that you got in an order for a rare thing and then also tell people that you don't have anything to do for the day when they know more preorders are coming. People will guilt you into camping for more.
With everyone suddenly having success, I actually am having flashbacks to Wal-mart confirming the preorder via email and then cancelling later, so I almost feel the Target preorder is more risky than the Amazon preorder. :eek:
Target seems to have spent the entire day finding a way to get their system to handle all the orders. Amazon's "legit" listing looked like some esoteric Chinese knockoff brand and had no information on the page originally. I'm not worried about Target, comparatively.

Top Bottom