• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

(mat)

I haven't received anything all day from Target regarding cancelling my order, but they definitely did refund my money. An explanation email would be nice. :-/

Juraash

Same here. Seems kind of odd to authorize multiple times, not sure I've ever seen that before.

But whatever, if my order survives until launch and I get one they can pre-auth almost as much as they want.

Just as a note, it says right in your preorder email from Target that you'll be charged when it ships. Any charges showing up (or falling off) are just temporary holds.

(mat)

Just as a note, it says right in your preorder email from Target that you'll be charged when it ships. Any charges showing up (or falling off) are just temporary holds.

Oh! I didn't realize that. So there's a chance I'll get charged again, and everything ends up OK in the world?

Edit: It certainly appeared in my account as a normal transaction, not a pre-auth.

Juraash

Oh! I didn't realize that. So there's a chance I'll get charged again, and everything ends up OK in the world?

Edit: It certainly appeared in my account as a normal transaction, not a pre-auth.

As far as I know, it'll look just like a regular transaction. That said, you'll typically see it either come back (or just not be in your transaction history) within 7 business days.

I don't think I've ever personally seen a pre-auth on my bank account that actually said that's what it was.

(mat)

As far as I know, it'll look just like a regular transaction. That said, you'll typically see it either come back (or just not be in your transaction history) within 7 business days.

I don't think I've ever personally seen a pre-auth on my bank account that actually said that's what it was.

Well shit. This is a fun game. Thanks for the insight.

I haven't been charged for Target. It says the transaction is pending, which is what it was when I placed the order. Still shows up on the website, so I'm hoping I'm still good.

My second-wave Walmart order is still live, but still hasn't gotten the release date bump most others seem to have gotten. Still projecting October 6. Won't bother me to get it a little late; I'm just hoping the fact they haven't moved it doesn't mean anything bad.

nahlakhai

My second-wave Walmart order is still live, but still hasn't gotten the release date bump most others seem to have gotten. Still projecting October 6. Won't bother me to get it a little late; I'm just hoping the fact they haven't moved it doesn't mean anything bad.

Same boat as you. I think we should be fine.

I think Nintendo should have thrown last years NES games in the SNES Classic as well. Why Not? Any system that could emulate the SNES can emulate the NES. Call it the SNES+.

BorntoPlay

i am willing to trade a Fire Emblem Warriors Special Edition - Nintendo Switch Amazon preorder for a Super NES Classic preorder, shot me a PM....

urfe

Still bummed about my cancelled Target/Borderfree. Probably gonna be hard getting one from Japan. Will continue checking sites often just in case.

May ask a friend/family member in Canada to try and pick one up for me.

urfe

Is this the right thread to follow Canadian preorders? Does anyone know if they have happened/will happen/where i can follow information on them?

Is this the right thread to follow Canadian preorders? Does anyone know if they have happened/will happen/where i can follow information on them?

All I know is my friend has a (Canadian) best buy order in currently. I would definitely ask around in the Canadian Gaming Deals thread, all they ever talk about is shipping and preorders anyway. :p

I occasionally check that I still have my preorder receipt from my local Gamestop, since I can barely believe I managed to get it (there were more people in line behind me than they had preorders after I was there for only 4-5 minutes).

If there's any kind of launch event (like a midnight launch or something) I'll seriously consider it. I'm usually up that late anyways and I want to guarantee I'll get it in case they get to few and someone ends up getting screwed over.

I used my RedCard to pay for 2 SNES Classic's and I checked my pending transactions yesterday and it was no longer there.
Needless to say I freaked out and contacted a rep through Chat.
He explained that my order has not been cancelled but the pending transaction will pop up every now and then in order to notify me that the preorder is still active.
He also said to make sure I have sufficient balance available on my card at all times to cover the future charge or it will get cancelled.

I'm new to preordering at target, so this was very informative and helpful

ReyVGM

I think Nintendo should have thrown last years NES games in the SNES Classic as well. Why Not? Any system that could emulate the SNES can emulate the NES. Call it the SNES+.

That's not how businesses work.

Nintendo has to pay every 3rd party a portion of the system sales for having their games there. They also have to allow stores to take a cut of each system sold. There are also manufacturing costs, and what Nintendo profits for sales. And all of that has to go in hand with a mass-market price that will satisfy suppliers, stores, and consumers.

So unless they price that "SNES+" at 150 dollars or something, it just isn't feasible business-wise to include so many (3rd party) games.

Thank god for overdraft protection. I was moving around money to pay some bills, and about an hour later, Target did the processing charge.

Order still seems fine though.

LosDaddie

Banned
Round 2 Morning #5 Check In:

My Walmart preorder is still active!

Also, this could be the day, my friends. Last time, Walmart cancelled the first wave of preorders on the following Wednesday.

Here's to hope! 🤞🏽

Huh.

Amazon are kinda cool. The followup on my complaint (they cancelled my 26th June pre order) actually came through. I don't get a free one (obvs >_> ) but they gifted me a £20 token to make up for it. Now, it kinda doesn't because what happened still happened, but its pretty cool of them. I was not expecting it, I was just expecting "Sorry, we hope this doesn't happen again". Now I'm just gonna watch the AmazonUK page like a hawk.

hayejin

Target cancelled my order but for really dumb reason.

I ordered using red card last week then they sent me new MasterCard red card earlier week and I activated it. And a day later they cancelled the order citing they were unable to process payment.
So dumb.....

LiK

I ordered using red card last week then they sent me new MasterCard red card earlier week and I activated it. And a day later they cancelled the order citing they were unable to process payment.
So dumb.....

Yup, dumb. Why don't they change when it's released instead?

So dumb.....

Yeah, Target placed another hold on my card, and they likely tried to do the same with you but it failed. So dumb.

Smidget

Just got emails from Walmart canceling my multiple quantities and reduced it to 1. Just a heads up for anyone that ordered more than 1 last Friday? Saturday? Whenever that was.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just got emails from Walmart canceling my multiple quantities and reduced it to 1. Just a heads up for anyone that ordered more than 1 last Friday? Saturday? Whenever that was.

Should have had a quantity limit from the get go, but this is still better than outright cancellation of the whole order.

Smidget

Should have had a quantity limit from the get go, but this is still better than outright cancellation of the whole order.

Yep! Was worried they were going to cancel it all. But makes it seem like the Walmart orders were legit if they are leaving 1 quantity available!

Lil Boat

Am I fucked? My Walmart order still shows as active and shipping on October 6th but the charge to my card is gone now and I have the money back in my account.

Top Bottom