• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

As someone else mentioned, I would also trade 1 of my 3 SNES Classics for a NES Classic. I'm afraid to buy one on eBay due to all the bootlegs.

Oni Jazar

I'm so upset. My Target.com order is going to be cancelled. My bank sent me an email saying that my credit card number "may have been compromised due to fraudulent activity at merchant locations" so they're sending me a card with a new number before Sept 18. Ugh.

Oh damn that sucks you have my sympathies.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
hori fighting commander getting re-released for the s. famicom mini. kool

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0756CMDJ2/

10b73f86-2c84-4d44-84cc-fe9f90f693ee._SR970,300_.jpg

chrono01

hori fighting commander getting re-released for the s. famicom mini. kool

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0756CMDJ2/

10b73f86-2c84-4d44-84cc-fe9f90f693ee._SR970,300_.jpg
I was going to order this now and then re-order it again later (if I can manage a Super Famicom Classic Mini pre-order) just in-case it sold out, but Amazon Japan wants over 4,000 yen for shipping this (to Canada)? Man, that's a drastic increase from what I'm used to through that website. It only cost me a little over 1,300 yen a year ago to get the Famicom Classic Mini + AC Adapter shipped to me, so something definitely doesn't seem right...

Peagles

I was going to order this now and then re-order it again later (if I can manage a Super Famicom Classic Mini pre-order) just in-case it sold out, but Amazon Japan wants over 4,000 yen for shipping this (to Canada)? Man, that's a drastic increase from what I'm used to through that website. It only cost me a little over 1,300 yen a year ago to get the Famicom Classic Mini + AC Adapter shipped to me, so something definitely doesn't seem right...

Same to NZ... can't even order more than one to pool the shipping with friends to take the sting out of the cost, bleh.

hongcha

Shipping cost on that Hori pad should decrease by half closer to the ship date. Amazon JP just puts a placeholder cost in there, on the high side, because they don't know the weight yet. I have ordered one because I have a feeling they'll sell out soon and be impossible to find.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered already.
I'm in the UK and only recently found out I'd need an adapter to power it as it doesnt come with the usual plug.

Will it work via the USB cable for power or do I need to buy a plug seperately?

Thanks. :)

shanafan

Even if they make twice what they did, hell triple the amount, it still will not satisfy demand. The installed base of the SNES was in the 40+ million. A significant amount of those people I'm sure will be willing to purchase a SNES classic. Not to mention there are other people who didn't play SNES, didn't grow up at the time, or were SEGA fans who are not interested in getting a SNES Classic as well.

So yeah this thing is going to be hard to find.

Eh.. I am not sure I necessarily agree with that. Yes, the SNES Classic will have a high demand but I am sure a lot of people who grew up with the SNES have moved on with their lives beyond video games.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered already.
I'm in the UK and only recently found out I'd need an adapter to power it as it doesnt come with the usual plug.

Will it work via the USB cable for power or do I need to buy a plug seperately?

Thanks. :)

yeah, it can be powered by USB. You might even be able to power it from the USB on the television.

I got the 29th. Off just to camp out in front of a store for this damn thing.

I wonder which place us my best bet...

There's a Gamestop at a mall that's the closest gaming store. Dunno.

Nintendo knows this. I'm sure they are thrilled that people are going crazy over it.

I'll never understand them.

This is about hype and brand awareness. They'll never achieve maximum hype and brand awareness if you can easily get their products. Your frustration eventually has a positive impact on their stock price.

Commander Kook

Neo Member
Any chance this will get a U.S. release?
I'm not sure if it's exactly the same one, but when I went into Gamestop to preorder, I also preordered any extra controllers they had in their system. Along with two wireless YoK controllers, I also got a "SNES Wireless Fighting Commander" for $24.99. I see it on my preorder list in the app, but it doesn't have a picture or a manufacturer in the description.

Up on Amazon France again:

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B073BVHY3F/

They seem to have raised the price though. Edit: I guess not, it's the same VAT included price, but still higher than other countries I think.

Isn't this supposed to be 80 Euros in Europe tax included? Amazon.fr is selling it for 80 plus tax, which comes up to 95 Euro if shipped domestically.

They seem to have raised the price though. Edit: I guess not, it's the same VAT included price, but still higher than other countries I think.

Isn't this supposed to be 80 Euros in Europe tax included? Amazon.fr is selling it for 80 plus tax, which comes up to 95 Euro if shipped domestically.

Thank you! I missed every damn US pre order but was able to get this at least. Hopefully it ships to me.

irishcow

Thanks for this. I also ordered one. $122 is kind of steep but a 50% tax seems more reasonable than what the scalpers sell for.

This will run fine in the US right?

The Hori controller seems like overkill to me. I mean sure, I'll play SFII on my SNES Classic, but without online, it won't be much. The SNES controller will be enough for the few hours I'll play the game.

Thanks.

So yeah, about 5M should be about right. Probably on the low end to meet demand, sure, but I'd be surprised if Nintendo will produce any more units than 5M

The listing says "Will not ship to USA"

Are you hoping they will? Confused..

It will ship, see below:

It's a common bug in Amazon's system, I've had pages say a product can't be shipped to my country but as long as you can checkout and place the order, it should ship to you without a problem from my experience. If it says Sold by Amazon on your order you're good.

I first placed an order having it shipped to my country, but quickly realized Amazon France is charging pretty high shipping charges (and import deposit fee) than normal, so I changed the shipping address to a forwarding address I have in France, I think that would come out cheaper for me. Usually it's the other way around (AmazonGlobal shipping is usually significantly cheaper for me, but this case was different)

Are the games in French?

You select language upon first boot.

tbhysgb

Got one thanks guys!

I dont understand any French looks like my address and everything is ok. The default shipping option was cheapest. Will I have any issues with that one? I don't care how long I have to wait

shanafan

Well good luck to those who hope for a USA ship. I recall Target in the US cancelling Canadian orders, so we'll see.

Something weird is going on.

Yesterday when I first placed the order on Amazon.fr shipped to my country, they charged me €46 shipping + €61 import deposit. I know these charges can change from time to time with Amazon so to test today I placed another order with my sister's Amazon account, shipped to my country and this time they only charged €35 shipping and no import fees! A total saving of €72. So I figured I would change the shipping address on my previous order to have it reflect the new lower fees (and cancel the one on my sister's account), but it went back up to the higher fees from yesterday (on my account) :\

Something weird is going on.

Yesterday when I first placed the order on Amazon.fr shipped to my country, they charged me 46 Eur shipping + 61 Eur import deposit. I know these charges can change from time to time with Amazon so to test today I placed another order with my sister's Amazon account, shipped to my country and this time they only charged 35 shipping and no import fees! A total saving of 72 Euros. So I figured I would change the shipping address on my previous order to have it reflect the new lower fees (and cancel the one on my sister's account), but it went back up to the higher fees from yesterday (on my account) :\

Strange, Mine came to the $116.00 ish I think I saw others quoted above.

Top Bottom